Fall 2015 Applicants!

Hello everyone!

I am so excited and nervous about this year and applying to grad programs. I finished all my applicants (all 12 schools that I applied to) before Christmas. Last week I received an e-mail from Sacred Heart University in CT asking for an interview which I have in two weeks from now. Did anyone else apply here and/or have an interview? With Sacred Heart University I have to bring a laptop or Ipad to the interview for a test as well, which I don't know what that will be.

Also, does anyone have any tips for the interview process? Any knowledge you share would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you :)

Britney M.

Edited by Britney M

I can't believe how nervous I am to hear back from schools already... I see some pretty good stats who are applying for their second time which makes me nervous! I have 3 more SOP's to send in but everything else is in. SOP's are giving me anxiety because I feel like they are never good enough! Best of luck to everyone!

anyone applying to just one school? 

Hello,

Yes I am. Family situation and other factors do not allow me to apply outside of where I live. I know that is a very risky venture to say the least but if one cannot actually relocate then that is the only viable option. 

Good morning,

I am hoping this blog will give me some therapy because I am freaking out too. I thought the application process was bad, but the waiting game is even worse. Not sure how I should be feeling. I feel stressed but at the same time I feel relaxed because it is now out of my hands. I have a 3.9 in major and 3.7 overall. My GRE scores are so bad they do not need to be mentioned. My writing score was a 3.5. I will take it because the test was hard. I am the Vice President of NSSLHA (second semester as an officer) and a peer mentor for students with disabilities. I am just praying that I will get in somewhere.

I have applied to Portland State, Sacramento, San Jose and Fresno State.

hey just a heads up to everyone.  I strongly suggest contacting the schools and making sure everything is in that needs to be.  Some schools I have contacted to double check and they haven't received anything and never were going to notify me.

hey just a heads up to everyone.  I strongly suggest contacting the schools and making sure everything is in that needs to be.  Some schools I have contacted to double check and they haven't received anything and never were going to notify me.

That's so awful that they wouldn't even let you know! I'm really glad all of my schools (except 1) have status portals that I can check, or otherwise I'd go crazy trying to keep track of everything..

That's so awful that they wouldn't even let you know! I'm really glad all of my schools (except 1) have status portals that I can check, or otherwise I'd go crazy trying to keep track of everything..

I know!  I have called all the schools to check in and some just don't update the portal at all.  It's like what is even the point of telling me to check the portal!?  But my last deadlines are approaching on February 1st so I wanted to double check....luckily I did!

Did anyone on here apply to Louisiana Tech? That is one of the schools I applied to and it's my top choice. Anyone know how hard it is to get accepted there??

Undergrad GPA: 3.7        GPA within Comm. Disorder Major: 3.9       GRE: Q:149     V:147     AW:3.5 

Applied to: Louisiana Tech University, Stephen F. Austin State University, Texas Woman's University, University of North Texas

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

Wow @Lakegirl92 that is a lot of schools! Idk how you did it because I was so stressed with 8 applications! I know that it is WAYYYY early but I really hope we start hearing something in Feb *fingers crossed* Best of luck to everyone

Does anyone know how to prepare for interviews/ what kind of questions do they ask during interviews?

@Lakegirl92 WOW Congrats on getting through all those Apps! Welcome to the waiting game :P

thanks mimblewimble!! it calls for some celebratory drinks later haha 

Wow @Lakegirl92 that is a lot of schools! Idk how you did it because I was so stressed with 8 applications! I know that it is WAYYYY early but I really hope we start hearing something in Feb *fingers crossed* Best of luck to everyone

Does anyone know how to prepare for interviews/ what kind of questions do they ask during interviews?

Shay_Dee, I applied to 8 last year!  Yeah it was a lot of work but I'm really trying to hard this year since it's my second time around!  good luck to you as well!  I'm so nervous and anxious.

I'm getting pretty antsy with this waiting game as well. I am a second year applicant with 3 years of relevant experience.

Applied to: University of South Florida, Richard Stockton College, William Patterson, New York Medical College, The College of Saint Rose, Long Island University-Post, Duquesne University, Edinboro University, Temple University, LaSalle University, University of Houston, University of Texas-El Paso, Radford University, Longwood University, Old Dominion University, Southern CT State University

Awaiting on 17 schools for Summer/Fall Admission

I'm getting pretty antsy with this waiting game as well. I am a second year applicant with 3 years of relevant experience.

Applied to: University of South Florida, Richard Stockton College, William Patterson, New York Medical College, The College of Saint Rose, Long Island University-Post, Duquesne University, Edinboro University, Temple University, LaSalle University, University of Houston, University of Texas-El Paso, Radford University, Longwood University, Old Dominion University, Southern CT State University

Awaiting on 17 schools for Summer/Fall Admission

Yep, the waiting is driving me crazy too. I can't imagine going through this more than once (although I might have to). Hat's off to you and good luck!

Everyone please be mindful of supplemental materials. Although almost all of the schools I applied to were through CDCAS, its easy to miss a supplemental. Unfortunately, I am not elligible for Stockton because of this mistake.

Awaiting on 16 schools for Summer/Fall Admission

@cici448,

Hi, I am new to the forum and noticed you are one the few to apply to UW-Whitewater (including myself)! I don't know much about their program so thought if you could share some info???