Psych Results Page Questions/Clarifications

FinallyAccepted

Is there anyone else here applying to the community psychology programs at DePaul or Portland State who can clarify what is going on with their interview invites? I've seen one post on the results page for interview invites from each of them from last week. Trying to figure out if the small amount of results page posting means they are done accepting or just that there are not very many people on this site who applied to those programs and I feel like it is a bit early to be contacting the schools directly...? Any info is helpful. Thanks.

Hey AliasJane,

This is my second year applying to their program. Last year, when I followed-up around on Valentine's weekend, they were still in the process of inviting folks for interviews. Someone just posted (in response to my inquiry) that they had been invited to their Welcome Events next weekend (March 6-8ish). I have not been extended an invitation so I'm guessing unless I get put on a wait list, it is back to the drawing board for me. Have you heard anything since your post at the end of January? I hope you have. 

All the Best,

Jason

I was wondering about the person who received the rejection from TC's human development program. Which subprogram in human development was that for? Was it for developmental psychology? Or another specialty? Has anyone heard from the TC developmental psych program? Thanks!

Over the past few weeks, I have seen people posting results for UT-Austin's social psychology and counseling programs, but I have seen nothing about the evolutionary psychology program to which I applied. Has anyone heard anything about the evolutionary program there? 

Edited by JLS912

Hi all,

So, I received an unofficial offer from my POI last week via phone call. My POI informed me that an official offer would be following "ASAP". However, it has been over a week since that phone call, and I have not received an official offer via e-mail or through snail mail. Do you think I should be concerned? 

Hi all,

So, I received an unofficial offer from my POI last week via phone call. My POI informed me that an official offer would be following "ASAP". However, it has been over a week since that phone call, and I have not received an official offer via e-mail or through snail mail. Do you think I should be concerned? 

I would just send a quick follow up email

Hi all,

I think we applicants have a different definition of "soon" than our POIs and adcoms. To us, soon means days or maybe a week at most. To them, it means...well, I don't know what it means, but it seems it could be anywhere from days to a month (or longer!) I have a feeling this is especially true with "ASAP" (I don't know what exactly needs to happen between when the decision is made and when the official offer arrives in the applicants mailbox/email inbox, but to me "ASAP" implies it might take a little while). 

My point is, no, I don't think you should be concerned - it hasn't really been that long.

Hi all,

Nah. One of mine took a couple weeks. There are a lot of people and stages involved in sending an official letter, especially if the official letter and funding offer come packaged in the same letter.

Can the person who have received admission in IO program at East Caroline University (ECU) pm me.

I also applied to the same program but haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone here received acceptance from the clinical psych programs at UConn or UMinn? I'm on the waitlist for both and I'm wondering if anyone is thinking of rejecting either. Both are excellent programs for me, so I'm keeping fingers crossed :wacko:

Does anyone know what is happening with the CUNY BASP program? It looks like a lot of people have been waitlisted but only one acceptance. Curious because I am waiting to hear and it looks like the waitlisters heard really spread out (like weeks apart). Any info would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Does anyone know what is happening with the CUNY BASP program? It looks like a lot of people have been waitlisted but only one acceptance. Curious because I am waiting to hear and it looks like the waitlisters heard really spread out (like weeks apart). Any info would be really appreciated. Thanks!

I dunno, I attributed that to the fact that not absolutely everyone uses gradcafe. I assumed there were 3 acceptances because that's what grad students were saying happened in the past few years. As far as the waitlists being spread out, it seems (from the email they sent) that they were having an especially difficult time deciding.