Favorite current TV show?

beccamayworth

*aslo:  Man vs. Food.

Man v. Food! I used to watch that all the time. I try to hit up Man v. Food places on road trips. (Almost all really have been great.)

I watch Louie (although the current season hasn't been my favorite), The League (only one season left - so sad), Mad Men, and Bones. I'll also occasionally watch whatever Anthony Bourdain show happens to be available.

Grey's Anatomy is my go-to show. I'm rewatching Mad Men right now and then will binge the end of the series. I also love sticking on episodes of Cutthroat Kitchen for fun, but I don't have cable, so it's whatever's on Netflix or episodes I catch when I visit my parents. 

Oh, and counting down to the next season of Orange is the New Black. :)

Mad Men, GoT, Better Call Saul, Grey's Anatomy. I love Hannibal and recommend it to anyone that can handle gory-ish stuff. Loved Dexter up to season 6. My guilty pleasure is Property Brothers (HGTV), Cutthroat kitchen (Food Network), and this incredibly trashy MTV reality show called "Are You The One?" I'm also watching many different anime series currently.

Didn't realize how much TV I watch until I wrote this...

The only shows that are currently airing that I'm watching are Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, and Outlander. I'm a devoted fantasy and historical fiction lover ;)

For current shows, I watch the Big Bang Theory and Vikings. I also need to catch up on the latest season of Trailer Park Boys.

I've been very slowly working my way through Andromeda, but it's not that great and I've been too busy to binge watch too often. Everyone told me to watch Firefly next, but did I listen? No... I binged on Babylon 5 over winter break. That show is amazing. I've been thinking of watching Deep Space Nine again (my fave Trek) after I do Firefly, but I'm really curious about Battlestar Gallactica... I've seen it at the top of several SciFi lists, but I did enjoy the original and I know it's very different.

Edited by shadowclaw

My deep dark secret is that I've been super-enjoying The Flash recently. Yeah, the CW teenybopper one. I got hooked on it because I thought it would be a fun distraction while I was finishing coursework and couldn't pay attention to serious shows.

I don't have one particular TV show, but this is my watch list:

Veep, Silicon Valley, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Chopped, New Girl, HTGAWM, OITNB.

I'm behind but I'm also enjoying Jane the Virgin. I firmly believe that everybody is entitled to liking one CW show without judgment.

Edited by happy little pill

I don't have one particular TV show, but this is my watch list:

Veep, Silicon Valley, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Chopped, New Girl, HTGAWM, OITNB.

I'm behind but I'm also enjoying Jane the Virgin. I firmly believe that everybody is entitled to liking one CW show without judgment.

I've got Arrow and The Flash on CW. And Supernatural, even though I quit after season eight. Although a part of me wants to keep going even though I know I'll regret it. It's my guilty pleasure.

Freaks and Geeks! A very underratet tv show which unfortunately lasted for one season. Seth Rogan, James Franco and cute brunette fro Juno were in it

Totally second this. Apatow before he got big.

I like(d), from the last year or so:

Mad Men

Boardwalk Empire

Louie

Silicon Valley

Masters of Sex (yes, nudity, but really good acting and period issues like Mad Men)

Homeland (+ Prisoners of War, the original that Homeland is based on - it's free on Hulu)

Also, randomly watched a BBC miniseries called An Honorable Woman, which sounds so dull, but actually turned out to be an exciting Middle East spy/political thriller told non-chronologically and starring Maggie Gyllenhaal. I recommend it.

Edited by seeingeyeduck

I like Castle. The older episodes are better than the new ones.

I've been watching old episodes of The Americans. I've watched the first two seasons, but can't find the third.

Other than that I just watch a lot of sports programming.

I can't believe Castle just got renewed for another season. I stuck with it for four/five seasons, and man, it had started to get pretty iffy, even if the first couple seasons were quite satisfying. I guess I'll just always be grumpy when one of Nathan Fillion's projects that is less good than Firefly gets renewed, though, when Firefly went off to TV Heaven so abruptly.

But! One of my favorite books has been adapted into a TV show, and its first episode aired two days ago! Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell: it's hard to describe, although I've been settling for "Jane Austen meets Tolkien." The first episode was pretty good/solid, but the book is so so so good, so I can't wait for the next one!

I can't believe Castle just got renewed for another season. I stuck with it for four/five seasons, and man, it had started to get pretty iffy, even if the first couple seasons were quite satisfying. I guess I'll just always be grumpy when one of Nathan Fillion's projects that is less good than Firefly gets renewed, though, when Firefly went off to TV Heaven so abruptly.

But! One of my favorite books has been adapted into a TV show, and its first episode aired two days ago! Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell: it's hard to describe, although I've been settling for "Jane Austen meets Tolkien." The first episode was pretty good/solid, but the book is so so so good, so I can't wait for the next one!

I watched the first episode of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell too! Liked it quite a bit. My only caveat was that I don't remember Jonathan Strange being as much of a doofus in the source material. Eddie Marsan is the perfect Mr. Norrell.

It was great! I thought a few bits were too rushed, but hopefully that settles down now that they've established who the main players are. (I would have let them wander about the cathedral for at least fifteen more seconds before the magic started, e.g., and then made the build from the first voice to the second take another fifteen seconds at least.) Norrell doesn't look quite how I imagined, but his acting is perfect. Childermass is entirely perfect also, and I'm glad to see that they seem to have bumped up his screentime by 5% or so, as seems only just.

Some goofy eyebrows on that one guy, though.

Forever bitter about Firefly. I loved Castle but I couldn't take the drama after a certain point. I should have quit at the end of season four with "Always" but I kept watching through season six and quit right before the finale. I actually intended to watch it but I let one of my friends spoil it for me in advance. Seasons 1-4 are still one of my favorite TV shows, though.

PBS. WOLF HALL. Hillary Mantel's book about Thomas Cromwell. Really excellent. PBS all the time.

I know! I was so sad when the season ended! I'm going to rent them on iTunes and re-watch them because I don't think I picked up everything the first time. 

I think the amount of TV shows I regularly watch calls for a reconsideration of my time management. But, luckily, I manage to watch most of them while at work.

A few that I find especially good: Broad City, Rectify, Better Call Saul, Veep, Please Like Me.

The Blacklist and The Good Wife.  I've been binge-watching Frasier lately...the first four seasons are pure gold.

I rewatched the entire Frasier a few months ago, still great.

My currently running favorites: Orange Is the New Black, Veep, House of Cards, Doctor Who, and Orphan Black.

I keep up with Scandal and The Blacklist also.