Favorite current TV show?

beccamayworth

I'm procrastinating by watching Hannibal, but it has been giving me nightmares. I'm pretty sad Garfunkel and Oates only had one season. I've been thinking of starting Twin Peaks once I'm done with Hannibal, although that might not end the nightmares.

What have you been watching? What do you recommend?

I'm following Game of thrones(we are almost in the middle of a new season! woot!). I recommend it, but it is very graphic.

Also, if you haven't seen it, Breaking bad is awesome!

I'm heart broken over Mad Men only having two episodes left. Also love Game of Thrones, Outlander, and even light shows like shark tank.

Used to love walking dead. This season is awful and I stopped watching/caring around episode four which is a shame because the opener was amazing.

I just finished marathoning Dragon Ball and quickly moved onward to Dragon Ball Z. I was feeling very nostalgic, haha.

I've also caught up with Orange is the New Black and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt recently. I'm watching Game of Thrones weekly as I also try to catch up with the books!

The Blacklist, Criminal Minds, Forever.  I used to watch Agents of Shield, but this season got all weird and dark and the team got all stupid so I stopped.  I also enjoy all kinds of Anime series.  My secret love of the Food Network shows and Say Yes to the Dress rarely get filled because I don't have cable.

The Blacklist, Revenge, Grimm, Arrow, Modern Family, and 2 Broke Girls are my favorite shows for this current season. I've caught up with all my shows so it seems it's time to get back to finishing writing this thesis.  -_-

GameCenter CX. A show about a man trying to beat retro games. Admittedly, I don't watch much TV.

I'm also into Steven Universe right now, haha.

Thanks for reminding me that I still need to catch up on SU!

I've given up on a lot of shows lately because of an overdose of pointless drama (Once Upon a Time, Castle) or loss of interest (Agents of Shield, I hear you landshark, NCIS) and now I'm down to only four currently airing. How to Get Away With Murder is my actual favorite but it's on hiatus until October-ish which leaves Arrow as my favorite. While I will fully admit that the current season is not the greatest, it's been worth it.

What do you guys think is the next Mad Men/Breaking Bad type of show? Those have been my favs over the last couple of years and especially enjoyed reading up on fan theories and analyzing shots, costumes, sets, subtle references and such leading up to the finales. Any other shows like that I should hop on to? I follow Game of Thrones too but I want something to start from the beginning on and binge!

Game of Thrones is pretty much what I consistently watch, I'm look forward to it see how the second half goes and what diverts from the books, also looking forward fo certain moments for some characters that should happen this season

Current faves:

The Talking Dead.  

Veep (yup, I admit it).  

The Mind of a Chef. 

The Walking Dead (although I have read every book up to date).

Jimmy Fallon.  

Also watch GoT, but not really a fan.  

HGTV or the Food Network is on quite often in my house, but I don't actually watch them.  Used to be The Weather Channel before FIOS dropped them.  

In the past, got way into Jericho, LOST, and a few others. Maude, too. 

Oh, and televised hockey games are a mUst watch.  

*aslo:  Man vs. Food.

Edited by Crucial BBQ

Current faves:

Veep (yup, I admit it).  

In the past, got way into Jericho, LOST, and a few others. Maude, too. 

^ Hey Veep is awesome

Agreed! Veep is awesome. 

AND JERICHO! I thought I was the only person who loved that show

Shows I DVR/binge watch when on include, but are not limited to: The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore, Fixer Upper (HGTV), 19 Kids and Counting, Naked and Afraid, Grey's Anatomy, Sister Wives, Jeopardy!, and Chopped. Other shows I enjoy: Babylon 5, ST: TNG, ST: DS9, Eureka, NCIS: Los Angeles, and House.

This year I've been watching The Following to hold me over until the new season of Hannibal starts. It's less gory than Hannibal for the most part, if that's what's giving you nightmares. It has been decently interesting so far, though I find the lead serial killer to be less engaging than Hannibal, which is funny given that he's apparently meant to be super magnetic (hence the title). I'm only on the first season though. 

I also binge-watched the new season of House of Cards when it came out; same with the new Nertflix series Daredevil. I didn't love the latter, and I think Daredevil is a pretty ehh superhero; I just have a thing for Vincent D'Onofrio and was sorely disappointed when Netflix completely removed Law and Order:CI.

Edit: And Twin Peaks is pretty good. It's kind of creepy at times, but even then it was always a campy sort of creepy, I thought. My boyfriend loved it. Just a heads up though: the series ends on a pretty bad cliffhanger. Still enjoyable to watch though. 

Edited by Pitangus

Didn't realize I've been watching so much tv.

Cable/Work Shows:

Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Forever, Big Bang Theory, The Odd Couple, and my guilty pleasure, Greys Anatomy.

Netflix:

House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Peaky Blinders. 

Agreed! Veep is awesome. 

AND JERICHO! I thought I was the only person who loved that show

I always thought Veep was a little too adult contemporary when it first aired.  I DVR GoT because I can't get around to watching it until 9:30 or so, then I finish watching what-ever is left of Silicon Valley after GoT.  I just happened to catch an episode of Veep and found it to be funny as heck. 

Jericho didn't seem to be too popular (which perhaps is why it was canceled) but it had a very hardcore and dedicated following (which is why it came back for a few more episodes).  I used to participate in their own official message board and let me tell you, people were seriously into it.

With that, I will add:

Arrested Development, Always Sunny..., The Killing (U.S.), Boardwalk Empire,  Top of the Lake, Myth Busters (but have not watched it in over a year),  and briefly Downton Abbey (stopped watching but was way into it at one point in time).  

Honorable mentions:  Faulty Towers and Ab Fab. I tried getting into the original The Office (I dated a Brit for a while) but couldn't understand half of what they were saying. 

There used to be a show hosted by an MIT graduate that was similar to How it's Made expect this would go into a little back story/culture behind what-ever product it was.  For the life of my I cannot remember its title.  

Edited by Crucial BBQ

Shows I DVR/binge watch when on include, but are not limited to: The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore, Fixer Upper (HGTV), 19 Kids and Counting, Naked and Afraid, Grey's Anatomy, Sister Wives, Jeopardy!, and Chopped. Other shows I enjoy: Babylon 5, ST: TNG, ST: DS9, Eureka, NCIS: Los Angeles, and House.

Geekness is strong in this one :P

I have on schedule the ST:TNG marathon.

Shows that I've watched for awhile, that are still active, and that I am excited to see each week: Fresh off the Boat, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Veep, Walking Dead/Talking Dead, Better Call Saul.

Netflix shows that I try to watch when I can: House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

If I had to pick one favourite, I would pick the one show that I noticeably enjoyed a lot more than many other good shows recently, and that is Netflix's Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.