2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

30 minutes ago, 123hardasABC said:

Yikes.... If I were you I'd go buy concealer, like right now in case it bruises and shows. If you can, also pick up some color correcting ones -- green to cancel out redness, yellow/orange for purple and blue. 

I didn't even know they had those!  Yeah, I'll bring them in case the bruising starts to show through later.  Thank goodness it's not broken!

1 hour ago, biochemgirl67 said:

So I leave tomorrow for New Jersey and my second interview.  But this morning, my boyfriend elbowed me in the face accidentally, right in my nose.  There was blood everywhere and it hurts.  Now I'm trying to keep the swelling down so I don't look like Rocky going to an academic interview.  I'm on the strugglebus so hard right now. :blink:

Lots of ibuprofen. Ice. Get it checked to make sure it's not broken and that there aren't any issues with flying. Make sure y have some heavy coverage foundation to cover any bruising.

1 hour ago, ms_green_genes said:

Lots of ibuprofen. Ice. Get it checked to make sure it's not broken and that there aren't any issues with flying. Make sure y have some heavy coverage foundation to cover any bruising.

The swelling seems to be minor and I can't see bruising yet but it does hurt.  After class I'm going to go get some makeup to cover it up if a bruise occurs.

6 hours ago, ndp13 said:

Anybody heard from UTSW yet? I saw in the search results that one international student got an email for a skype interview.
It is one of my top choices and just wanted to know

Hi, first time poster, long time lurker!

I'm not international and I don't know which program you selected (Molecular Microbiology for me) but I received an invite from them a couple weeks ago to choose from 3 weekends (Feb 11-13, Feb 25-27, Mar 10-12). I opted for the March date so don't lose hope yet, they have a fast turnaround rate and you could be getting one after this weekend's interview!

11 minutes ago, mwgskol said:

an offer from UW Madison!!!!!! HOLY SHIT I'm going to grad school. I'm going to grad school.

Congratulations!  What program?  I just visited Madison last week for their micro program, it's a cool place.  Keeping my fingers crossed I get an offer too :)

1 minute ago, aufish92 said:

Congratulations!  What program?  I just visited Madison last week for their micro program, it's a cool place.  Keeping my fingers crossed I get an offer too :)

CMB ! I was there last week too and one of my interview happened to conflict with one of the very knowledgable people who is applying for MDTP... hopefully you'll hear back soon :D!

10 hours ago, Aequorea said:

Hi, first time poster, long time lurker!

I'm not international and I don't know which program you selected (Molecular Microbiology for me) but I received an invite from them a couple weeks ago to choose from 3 weekends (Feb 11-13, Feb 25-27, Mar 10-12). I opted for the March date so don't lose hope yet, they have a fast turnaround rate and you could be getting one after this weekend's interview!

Thanks for the info and good luck with the interview :)
I applied for the Genetics program

Edited by ndp13

13 hours ago, levodopa said:

I'm interviewing with them the last weekend in February. They contacted me about the interview the second-to-last week in January. Though their website says they're extending interview offers all the way until March. Hope this helps?

Yes it does, thank you 
Good luck with the interview and do post about how it went :)

6 hours ago, SwimmerBio12 said:

Oh wow! Just got accepted to UT Dallas MS Molecular Cell Biology program! Awesome program! So excited! :D

5 hours ago, Ferroportin said:

Just got an offer from UCSD BMS!

4 hours ago, mwgskol said:

an offer from UW Madison!!!!!! HOLY SHIT I'm going to grad school. I'm going to grad school.

Congratulations to all of you!

On 2/8/2016 at 4:38 PM, ms_green_genes said:

Has anybody heard back yet after Vandy's IGP Jan 28-30 interview weekend? They had 40 students that weekend instead of the usual 20, and warned ahead of time they might not be able to complete their review the Monday after the interview, but that they should be able to get through everything today. Getting a bit anxious with less than 90 minutes left in the business day today. 

A little late - but I did not hear back yet (good or bad) either. I followed up with the program and they mentioned that the bigger interview weekend paired with other factors might make decisions take longer! 

Did you end up hearing back yet?

1 hour ago, biosci1993 said:

A little late - but I did not hear back yet (good or bad) either. I followed up with the program and they mentioned that the bigger interview weekend paired with other factors might make decisions take longer! 

Did you end up hearing back yet?

Nope, not a thing. Wondering if maybe a critical person on the committee was out sick or otherwise unexpectedly unavailable this past Monday? Hoping they get through everything this coming Monday. Waiting is hard!

6 hours ago, YouCantBcereus said:

I got my first acceptance :D UGA Microbiology!!! 

1 hour ago, macrophage said:

got my first acceptance into WashU immunology!

28 minutes ago, adiJ said:

Accepted into Duke CMB. Fastest turnaround yet.

Congratulations, everyone!

Waiting to hear from Vandy and UNC-Chapel Hill. At UCLA right now.

I sent an email to the MCB program coordinator at Stony Brook and got back this reply:

"We will contact you soon as the committee completes their reviews of all the applicants."

Does this mean I should expect a rejection?

1 hour ago, shadenitro said:

I sent an email to the MCB program coordinator at Stony Brook and got back this reply:

"We will contact you soon as the committee completes their reviews of all the applicants."

Does this mean I should expect a rejection?

No.

Hmm, UCSD BMS just sent me a waitlist decision which I will likely decline. Good luck to everyone who applied there!

Also. Accepted into Harvard BPH, notified by phone!

Edited by adiJ