2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

Just tagging in, but I think people are way to quick on this forum to call "troll" when someone posts something at odd with what they've heard/been told. 

As a pre-emptive warning, if the thread devolves into people arguing over who is or is not a troll, I'll shut things down to give everyone a break to chill out. 

7 hours ago, thorerges said:

Whatever makes you feel better - I can assure you I am not the only person who has gotten a phone call with an acceptance. Regardless, I ended up choosing Harvard. 

sigh, this is why Harvard has a rep for snobby students

Edited by jaesango

Anyone hear back from UChicago Cancer Biology? Interviewed there on Jan 28-30th weekend, haven't heard anything back yet. Saw that someone posted in the results section that they got an offer, wanted to confirm if they have already sent out a few/all offers.

I saw in the survey that some have been rejected from Brown neuroscience program, i haven´t heard anything from them yet. Does anybody know if they are still sending interview invitations? at least for international students like me that won't be able to attend on campus interviews?

1 hour ago, thorsenm said:

The guy I roomed with at an interview weekend at Dartmouth got told he is on the wait list. I see on the search page that invitations have also been mailed out. I have yet to hear anything. Any thoughts on what this may mean for me?

What Dartmouth program did you apply to?

Accepted at WUSTL MGG! PI told me in person. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calls and emails should go out today and tomorrow.

38 minutes ago, Infinito said:

Just received my unofficial acceptance e-mail to Duke (DSCB).
Apparently the rejections went out a week ago, and they just finished with the acceptances.

welp i guess they're just keeping me on the hook then 

On 2/23/2016 at 0:17 AM, ms_green_genes said:

My daughter has heard nothing yet.

Still nothing from Vanderbilt over here as well! Their final IGP interview (I believe) is this weekend. I'm anticipating that we'll find out Monday 2/29 or Monday 3/7! 

On 2/22/2016 at 6:26 PM, Effloresce said:

:( I'm sorry to hear that. That's so odd. :/

On 2/23/2016 at 7:48 PM, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Just got a phone call from Boston College saying I have been accepted!!! Now to make a tough decision between Notre Dame and BC.

I interviewed 1/30 and there are a handful of us that haven't heard back yet either - so don't sweat it :) Their final interview is this weekend I believe, so we should all hear back Monday 2/29 or 3/7!