2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

Got rejected from UChicago Cancer Biology. I loved the university when I visited in January, and I thought I would get an offer from them since the interview went well. Oh well :(

Good news is that if I now receive an offer from Columbia, I don't have to tear my hair out trying to choose between my two top choices, given that the choice has already been made for me :P 

Edited by ForScience!

5 minutes ago, ForScience! said:

Got rejected from UChicago Cancer Biology. I loved the university when I visited in January, and I thought I would get an offer from them since the interview went well. Oh well :(

Good news is that if I now receive an offer from Columbia, I don't have to tear my hair out trying to choose between my two top choices, given that the choice has already been made for me :P 

Same 

Well folks, I think this is it for me. Accepted at all four schools I interviewed at. Haven't heard from Northwestern or Boulder, but I'll go ahead and assume rejection (neither were high on my list of preference anyhow). Applications and interviews turned out much better than I could have anticipated. Although I was rejected from my "reach" schools (UCSF and Yale), I am more than happy with my acceptances! Now to choose... UW of Michigan... 

Best of luck to everyone else. I love hearing about other peoples experiences. It has been stressful but worth it in the end!!

1 hour ago, michi1987 said:

Trying to accept the very real possibility that grad school will most likely not be happening for me this cycle. Pretty much the worst feeling ever!

A huge congrats to all on acceptances so far. Hopefully that will be me next year!!

I know exactly how you feel...This is my 3rd try...

22 hours ago, laxgoal100 said:

Well folks, I think this is it for me. Accepted at all four schools I interviewed at. Haven't heard from Northwestern or Boulder, but I'll go ahead and assume rejection (neither were high on my list of preference anyhow). Applications and interviews turned out much better than I could have anticipated. Although I was rejected from my "reach" schools (UCSF and Yale), I am more than happy with my acceptances! Now to choose... UW of Michigan... 

Best of luck to everyone else. I love hearing about other peoples experiences. It has been stressful but worth it in the end!!

Congrats on your acceptance! I was accepted into UMich MCDB as well. I am having hard time deciding between UMich and Penn. 

40 minutes ago, nu1116 said:

Got an unofficial acceptance email from the program coordinator 2/25. Good Luck!

Are you international or domestic? Because skype interviews with internationals were made last week.

16 hours ago, Earl said:

im thinking about ucsf bms....but not sure yet.. which one are you leaning towards?

I think I'm leaning towards UCSF since they have a more disease/translational focus as opposed to the more basic science focus of Berkeley. 

19 hours ago, zoruha said:

hey guys, has anyone heard back from Columbia-Biological Sciences Post-interview?

15 hours ago, nu1116 said:

When did you have your interview at Columbia? Nu1116, I just saw your answer. :) 

I think all interviews are over there now then. The last on campus interviews were this past Monday, for a couple who couldn't make the scheduled interview weekends. Wondering how quickly all the final decisions will be made.

Edited by ms_green_genes

On 2/24/2016 at 0:52 PM, SpartanNerd1021 said:

I'm having troubles deciding between Boston College and Notre Dame. I liked both programs and would be happy at either but I liked ND a bit more. The one huge thing about BC is that they do a lot of collaborations with Harvard, MIT, Tufts, etc. and I'd make some great connections and know I would get a pretty good post doc position after. Any advice is welcomed!!! 

I could answer some questions about ND if you want to PM me. 

8 hours ago, Purkinje said:

Question: do you guys typically send thank you emails to the program directors, or just to the faculty who interviewed you?

I think i sent thank yous to the program directors as well as faculty. It can't hurt.