2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

Just received an offer from Columbia's Pathobiology and Molecular Medicine program! :D

Columbia is most definitely my top choice for pursuing graduate studies, so I am really happy. Looking forward to spending the next 5 years in the city!

Edited by ForScience!

14 minutes ago, ForScience! said:

Just received an offer from from Columbia's Pathobiology and Molecular Medicine program! :D

Columbia is most definitely my top choice for pursuing graduate studies, so I am really happy. Looking forward to spending the next 5 years in the city!

congrats!!!!

OMG I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO THE YALE BBS MCGD program :lol::lol::oB):wub:. And that, ladies and gentlemen, officially marks the end of Fall 2016 admissions cycle for me. 

Feels surreal to have 4/4 acceptances from my interviews, and to have an offer from Yale (which seemed like a remote possibility 5 years ago). Also feel pretty accomplished having balanced a hectic work life with the entire admissions cycle, right from studying late nights for the GRE to attending the interviews, especially with limited paid time off.

So yup, heading to New Haven, CT. All the best to all you guys waiting on decisions. 'Twas a fun ride.

Edited by Microburritology

1 hour ago, Microburritology said:

OMG I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO THE YALE BBS MCGD program :lol::lol::oB):wub:. And that, ladies and gentlemen, officially marks the end of Fall 2016 admissions cycle for me. 

Feels surreal to have 4/4 acceptances from my interviews, and to have an offer from Yale (which seemed like a remote possibility 5 years ago). Also feel pretty accomplished having balanced a hectic work life with the entire admissions cycle, right from studying late nights for the GRE to attending the interviews, especially with limited paid time off.

So yup, heading to New Haven, CT. All the best to all you guys waiting on decisions. 'Twas a fun ride.

Congratulations, @Microburritology!

Just got the acceptance notification as well for MCGD :o Was quite surprised actually considering which of my friends didn't get in and I did O_O
But I still have MIT to visit. And then I'd have to heavily weigh the pros/cons of Yale vs UCSF (assuming I don't like MIT or don't get in).
#Struggles

1 hour ago, Infinito said:

Congratulations, @Microburritology!

Just got the acceptance notification as well for MCGD :o Was quite surprised actually considering which of my friends didn't get in and I did O_O
But I still have MIT to visit. And then I'd have to heavily weigh the pros/cons of Yale vs UCSF (assuming I don't like MIT or don't get in).
#Struggles

Haha that's awesome, congratulations then to you too @Infinito!

You've got awesome choices to pick from, can't go wrong with those choices. I'm sure you'd get an offer from MIT as well, and no one does not like MIT after visiting that place :P Which interview weekend did you go to Yale?

26 minutes ago, Microburritology said:

Haha that's awesome, congratulations then to you too @Infinito!

You've got awesome choices to pick from, can't go wrong with those choices. I'm sure you'd get an offer from MIT as well, and no one does not like MIT after visiting that place :P Which interview weekend did you go to Yale?

I went the the February 18th interview weekend. Even though it was Immuno-specific for MCGD, I was like one of the few neuro weekend that couldn't make the previous weekend.

2 hours ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Officially accepted the offer at Boston College! Can't wait to live in Boston for the next 5-6 years!!!

Good for you. Glad you were able to figure it all out. That folder thing they sent was a super nice touch.

On 3/3/2016 at 8:57 AM, dinny said:

I interviewed at UNC on the 18th feb. Absolute radio silence on the survey till yesterday since February 15th. Emailed a prof a few days after the interview and he said my app wasn't up for discussion until late this week so I probably wouldn't hear back until late next week... but fuck this wait. 

I was there the same weekend as you and just got a call + email this morning!

4 minutes ago, biosci said:

Just officially declined WashU (Molecular Genetics & Genomics), Hopkins (Human Genetics), UMich (PIBS-MCDB), and Harvard (BBS) - hope that helps people on the wait list!

which school are you leaning towards?  i dunno how to make a decision rahh

1 hour ago, dinny said:

Still no word from UNC BBSP and virtually nothing on the survey... =[[[[ ugh!

Last week on wednesday a PI emailed me to say I was in, thursday Sue Modlin emailed me as well and I got an official email from the program today. I was applying for the micro - immuno program within BBSP and will be declining, hopefully you hear back soon!!

2 hours ago, dinny said:

Still no word from UNC BBSP and virtually nothing on the survey... =[[[[ ugh!

I heard back a couple of days ago and got the official email this morning. Hopefully, you'll hear back soon!

Their admissions are rolling and I was interviewed so I haven't lost all hope.. but I was in the middle of a serious episode of insomnia right during that interview week and I'm so upset about it all. It's such a shitty reason to potentially not get into my top choice school. I was practically delirious during my interviews