2016 Applicants

17 hours ago, racoomelon said:

Did anyone else get an email from UA letting them know that they're in the process of going through applications still? Originally they said they'd have results by March 7th, but the email made it seem like we won't hear back until later. :(

Are you talking about University of Alabama? If so I didn't get that email but that's good to know!

3 minutes ago, FloridaSpeechie said:

Are you talking about University of Alabama? If so I didn't get that email but that's good to know!

Oh, no! I'm talking about University of Arizona. I'm sorry!

6 minutes ago, FloridaSpeechie said:

When I saw that on my phone I panicked too! I had to rush to a computer and read their signatures haha! But Bama doesn't usually send out decisions until late March, like the week after our spring break. I'm not expecting to hear anything from them until then.

3 hours ago, cosmicmorgan said:

That feeling when you wake up to someone being accepted into one of your schools and your portal hasn't changed. Today is going to be an anxious mess!

Illinois State? Because same :wacko:

2 minutes ago, koalalover1 said:

Illinois State? Because same :wacko:

Yes! The grad admissions department said they just started adding in decisions, and that there are ~400 so it could take through tomorrow. Last year it seemed like only acceptances were updated on the portal, but not waitlists/rejections, so I'm extra anxious. :(

Everybody keeps talking about "the email" that said that such-and-such school will be likely sending out stuff on X day in March.

Am I the only person who hasn't heard anything from any of my schools since my applications were submitted?

10 minutes ago, cosmicmorgan said:

Yes! The grad admissions department said they just started adding in decisions, and that there are ~400 so it could take through tomorrow. Last year it seemed like only acceptances were updated on the portal, but not waitlists/rejections, so I'm extra anxious. :(

Ahhh me too! Hopefully we hear something good! The portal is always a pain to navigate on my laptop too. I hope they email us as well within the next day or two!

44 minutes ago, Puffer Fish said:

Everybody keeps talking about "the email" that said that such-and-such school will be likely sending out stuff on X day in March.

Am I the only person who hasn't heard anything from any of my schools since my applications were submitted?

No, you are not alone.

Sadly, I have not heard anything. I know the long I wait, the more likely it is rejection.

Just now, Speechiem said:

@Puffer Fish I'm in the same boat. I see you've also applied to UPitt and JMU. Is it just me or have they been 100% silent this entire application process? I almost forgot I applied to those schools because I've heard NOTHING!

I've gotten more correspondence from Pitt than JMU, though none of it is about me specifically. Pitt keeps sending me generic emails about open houses, and the program in general, cause i somehow ended up on their prospective student mailing list. JMU: nothing. I actually forgot to register for their MyMadison portal until today, so I hope that doesn't affect anything...

3 minutes ago, Puffer Fish said:

I've gotten more correspondence from Pitt than JMU, though none of it is about me specifically. Pitt keeps sending me generic emails about open houses, and the program in general, cause i somehow ended up on their prospective student mailing list. JMU: nothing. I actually forgot to register for their MyMadison portal until today, so I hope that doesn't affect anything...

I talked to admissions at JMU and they said we should hear a decision via the MyMadison portal on March 18th.

7 minutes ago, slptobe92 said:

I talked to admissions at JMU and they said we should hear a decision via the MyMadison portal on March 18th.

I don't know if it's just my browser but I find it nearly impossible to sign into the MyMadison portal. After I jump through all the security hoops it brings me to an error page. Does this happen to anyone else?

Edited by Speechiem

13 minutes ago, Speechiem said:

I don't know if it's just my browser but I find it nearly impossible to sign into the MyMadison portal. After I jump through all the security hoops it brings me to an error page. Does this happen to anyone else?

Yeah, their site seems poorly optimized. Try clearing your browser cache and trying again. That's their recommended solution.

53 minutes ago, Puffer Fish said:

Yeah, their site seems poorly optimized. Try clearing your browser cache and trying again. That's their recommended solution.

Yeah clear your browser then try again, that should work. Also sometimes just going back to the login screen works for me too.

For those of us that applied to Northern Arizona but have not heard anything yet, I emailed them and this was their response:

"The Admissions Committee will be sending out letters at the end of the this and into next week."

Its still kind of vague, not sure if they mean emails or actual letters and if it's just rejections since they already sent some acceptances in mid-February. Anyways I figured I would pass on the info. I guess we will find out soon at least.

9 minutes ago, Lunalulu2 said:

For those of us that applied to Northern Arizona but have not heard anything yet, I emailed them and this was their response:

"The Admissions Committee will be sending out letters at the end of the this and into next week."

Its still kind of vague, not sure if they mean emails or actual letters and if it's just rejections since they already sent some acceptances in mid-February. Anyways I figured I would pass on the info. I guess we will find out soon at least.

Thank you for the info! I have been going back and forth about whether or not contact them.  Northern Arizona is my top choice, so it's go to know they will be sending out some sort of communication within the next week or two.

52 minutes ago, Lunalulu2 said:

I'm finishing my undergrad at NAU and from what I heard from the CSD staff that I know, the letters will be sent out like what is said in the email.  They told us that they are so far just acceptances and didn't really hint on when rejections would be sent out.  But if you do get accepted you have until April 16th to let the CSD department know.  

Let me know if any of have any questions about the CSD department! 

Edited by AZslp24

1 hour ago, AZslp24 said:

I'm finishing my undergrad at NAU and from what I heard from the CSD staff that I know, the letters will be sent out like what is said in the email.  They told us that they are so far just acceptances and didn't really hint on when rejections would be sent out.  But if you do get accepted you have until April 16th to let the CSD department know.  

Let me know if any of have any questions about the CSD department! 

Thank you so much for the information. Do you think they meant literal letters or emails? 

15 minutes ago, Lunalulu2 said:

Thank you so much for the information. Do you think they meant literal letters or emails? 

I was accepted and received both, first an email then a follow up paper letter.  Hope that helps!

4 minutes ago, cosmicmorgan said:

AHHHHH! I got my first acceptance today, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater!!!! I'm so happy I don't have to go through this process for a third time. :D

congrats!! I'm sure that's an awesome feeling :)

29 minutes ago, cosmicmorgan said:

AHHHHH! I got my first acceptance today, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater!!!! I'm so happy I don't have to go through this process for a third time. :D

That's great! There is no better feeling knowing you have somewhere to go! Good luck to everyone! Sending some positivity to get you through! 

36 minutes ago, cosmicmorgan said:

SO excited for you!!! I love it here! Hope I hear back soon too!