Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

10 hours ago, wishingonuoft said:

Congratulations on getting into York!!!!!!!! I read your earlier post about your long journey to the acceptance and I'm so happy you got it, you are most deserving (and resilient, a key social work quality)! I was just wondering, looking at your signature I see that you didn't apply to U of T this time around whereas you had applied several years in the past, I was just super curious about if there was a reason for this?

Edited by KatRousi

10 hours ago, wishingonuoft said:

Congratulations on getting into York!!!!!!!! I read your earlier post about your long journey to the acceptance and I'm so happy you got it, you are most deserving (and resilient, a key social work quality)! I was just wondering, looking at your signature I see that you didn't apply to U of T this time around whereas you had applied several years in the past, I was just super curious about if there was a reason for this?

I PMed you with a long answer, haha I didn't want to take the focus away from the forum. Also, I really appreciate your comments about my resilience, you're an awesome social worker! Thanks for highlighting my strengths, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy :D

Congrats on U of T! You must be thrilled!! 

Edited by KatRousi

18 minutes ago, sosocialworker said:

Just checked my sgs and it says decision made. Im assuming it means that I didnt get in :(

You could of been waitlisted, which is still better than a complete rejection.

Just now, sosocialworker said:

Thanks for the hope! Does your sgs say decision made?

yes, I got the letter yesterday saying I was waitlisted. I am trying to figure out how long is the list. I am really hoping not long because then goes the hope lol. I live in Toronto so the mail generally take a day or two. 

1 minute ago, MSW-UofT said:

yes, I got the letter yesterday saying I was waitlisted. I am trying to figure out how long is the list. I am really hoping not long because then goes the hope lol. I live in Toronto so the mail generally take a day or two. 

They usually keep half or a quarter of the amount accepted on the waitlist. This is how other schools do it so probably around 50 or less 

And honestly I feel better now and I'm nervous to get my letter next week

1 hour ago, torontomsw2016 said:

For people on the UofT waitlist, does your ROSI account say "no registration history" or "invited"? My ROSI account says "invited" but I haven't received a letter yet.

My ROSI says no registration but my SGS says Decision Made, which is that I'm on the waitlist because I received my mail yesterday. 

For people who got accepted during the 1st and 2nd round of admissions into UofT Advanced Standing MSW, how long do you all have until you have to submit your response? Im trying to gage when waitlisted people might hear back if room opens up! 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, torontomsw2016 said:

For people on the UofT waitlist, does your ROSI account say "no registration history" or "invited"? My ROSI account says "invited" but I haven't received a letter yet.

That means you've been accepted, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all - the waiting is officially killing me so I wanted to check out where people are at with hearing back. I applied to the Clinical MSW at UCalgary (currently finishing my BSW there) and Memorial/MUN, as well. I don't feel very confident in my chances of getting in to either - I did play up my homesickness in my application to MUN, however, as it would be the excuse I am looking for to move home. Has anyone heard from MUN and have lots of people gotten their acceptances from UCalgary? :wacko:

Just got notified that Ryerson is meeting tomorrow to make the decisions, and then people will be getting an individualized phone call with their results soon after. Good luck everyone. 

I got accepted to York with pretty generous funding. BUT I'm having trouble calculating the tuition.

The webpage that displays graduate fees indicates that each full-time term is around 1,800. Wouldn't this make the 3-term Advanced Standing program under $6000?

That seems VERY low. Not that I'm complaining.. I'm just suspicious because the other schools are over $10,000. 

18 minutes ago, feliz said:

Just got notified that Ryerson is meeting tomorrow to make the decisions, and then people will be getting an individualized phone call with their results soon after. Good luck everyone. 

I got accepted to York with pretty generous funding. BUT I'm having trouble calculating the tuition.

The webpage that displays graduate fees indicates that each full-time term is around 1,800. Wouldn't this make the 3-term Advanced Standing program under $6000?

That seems VERY low. Not that I'm complaining.. I'm just suspicious because the other schools are over $10,000. 

Congrats on getting acccepted to york!

How did you find out about the Ryerson results? Also are we not getting letters then?

24 minutes ago, sosocialworker said:

Congrats on getting acccepted to york!

How did you find out about the Ryerson results? Also are we not getting letters then?

I've got a contact on the inside :)

I assume you're still getting letters/emails/whatever they usually do. I just know that they will also be calling to make it more "personal". To be honest I'm not sure if they're calling everyone, or just the people that got in. 

Hi! Has anyone been accepted to Laurier (advanced standing)? I know of people who have been declined and people who have been waitlisted. 

Edited by rsco

Hi everyone! I have applied to Ryerson's MSW Program and am anxiously waiting for my admission decision! Has anyone else applied to Ryerson's MSW Program, or know when Ryerson typically sends out admissions?

1 hour ago, feliz said:

Oh my goshhhh I am so nervous about Ryerson, I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!! Congrats on your acceptance, that's so exciting! :D

Edited by amcguirk

2 hours ago, feliz said:

Hey I was accepted to York as well! Congrats! Anyone else accepted to York? 

I actually called Emma and asked her about Tuition, and it comes out to $5400 for the 3 terms ($1800 per term). I was pleasantly surprised at how low tuition is and honestly it made the funding package even more enticing.

I don't know about you, but I am so torn now between Ryerson and York. I called Ryerson and asked them about their admissions decisions as well, explaining that I was accepted to York. They told me that they are meeting March 1st and would let those admitted know ASAP, I don't think they expected York to send out admissions decisions so early and require a deposit so soon, at least the is the impression I got on the phone. 

Good luck to everyone!