Doctoral applications 2015-2016

RD_Paul

I'm new to this forum -- accepted at PTS (PhD Systematic Theology) and UVA (PhD Religious Studies - Theology, Ethics & Culture). I'm an international student from the UK. Didn't apply anywhere else, and am super torn!

2 hours ago, nicolaw said:

I'm new to this forum -- accepted at PTS (PhD Systematic Theology) and UVA (PhD Religious Studies - Theology, Ethics & Culture). I'm an international student from the UK. Didn't apply anywhere else, and am super torn!

Congrats!

I'm also a Ph.D. admit in Theology (Ethics) at PTS (I did my M.Div. here as well). Feel free to PM me with questions.

On March 16, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Meinrad said:

Anyone hear of anything out of Dayton yet? Results page says they typically have already sent out rejections, and acceptances go out in the next few days? But no word on either so far this year. 

You've probably heard back by now but just in case, I know one person has received acceptance from Dayton. The others should be out as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, pmajor said:

Radio silence recently... Anybody gotten any exciting (or heartbreaking) news?

I finally got my rejection from Baylor today. I knew the two acceptances had already taken the offer at least a month ago. Took them long enough to get official word to me.

Edited by tdwightdavis

On 4/20/2016 at 0:42 PM, tdwightdavis said:

I finally got my rejection from Baylor today. I knew the two acceptances had already taken the offer at least a month ago. Took them long enough to get official word to me.

I know it sucks to hold on that long, but a lot of schools like to wait until after the 4/15 deadline to send anything out to waitlisted candidates just to be sure. 

I received a offer of place and recommended for enrollment this fall. The email said they are awaiting approval from the University which validates their PhDs. Does this mean I'm accepted and there's an extra administrative step or should I be worried that the validating university will reverse the committee's decision?

19 hours ago, hotandfresh said:

I received a offer of place and recommended for enrollment this fall. The email said they are awaiting approval from the University which validates their PhDs. Does this mean I'm accepted and there's an extra administrative step or should I be worried that the validating university will reverse the committee's decision?

Is this about Oxford? I know for undergraduates that Oxford admits students but then you have to be accepted by one of the member colleges who will, essentially, educate and supervise you.

My history professor did his DPhil at Oxford and the way he described the progress it seemed about the same for graduate students. So maybe?

On 4/28/2016 at 5:01 PM, hotandfresh said:

It is a normal step. You shouldn't be worried. In many schools, PhD admits are glanced over by the graduate school to make sure there are no red flags. It is basically a formality. 

16 hours ago, Kuriakos said:

It is a normal step. You shouldn't be worried. In many schools, PhD admits are glanced over by the graduate school to make sure there are no red flags. It is basically a formality. 

Thank you! They mentioned it in passing during my interview, but the email I received was slightly confusing and when I asked for clarification their response was not clear whether I should be worried or celebrate. 

On April 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM, hotandfresh said:

Thank you! They mentioned it in passing during my interview, but the email I received was slightly confusing and when I asked for clarification their response was not clear whether I should be worried or celebrate. 

For other folk wondering (in future years at this point). It was a good month+ between one of my phone calls and the official acceptance from the U.