Doctoral applications 2015-2016

RD_Paul

On February 19, 2016 at 0:08 PM, Esei_John said:

Any news for U of Chicago??? I'm really wondering has anyone been offered interview from U of Chicago..   

I was interviewed by my POI at Chicago on January 22nd. I applied for the Sociology and Anthropology of Religion track ... My POI said that I should hear by Feb 15th, however no word as yet... Wondering if I've been rejected...

1 hour ago, ladyoflight17 said:
On February 19, 2016 at 2:08 AM, Esei_John said:

Any news for U of Chicago??? I'm really wondering has anyone been offered interview from U of Chicago..   

I was interviewed by my POI at Chicago on January 22nd. I applied for the Sociology and Anthropology of Religion track ... My POI said that I should hear by Feb 15th, however no word as yet... Wondering if I've been rejected...

Wow, I didn't know they conducted interview. Your subfield is same as mine.. that's another bad news for me. But thank you for the info.  Can I ask who did you interview with? Dr. Angie Heo is my POI. (no reply for the pre-contact though...) And did you hear about more interviews  with any other applicants of your subfield ? 

Edited by Esei_John

5 hours ago, UChicagoDivStudent said:

I'm a current student at U of Chicago in the Div School. I can confirm that as of this moment, decisions have not yet been made. The initial committee meeting scheduled for Feb 15 ran into a scheduling snafu hence the delay. Internally, rumors abound about decisions going out this afternoon.

(And the rumors prove to be just that. Apologies for any angst added to anyone's day!)

EDIT: The original post proved correct. Disregard this overzealous retraction!

Edited by UChicagoDivStudent
correcting information

2 hours ago, UChicagoDivStudent said:

(And the rumors prove to be just that. Apologies for any angst added to anyone's day!)

True! I received an email from the Dean of Students and my POI with an offer of admission. Chicago is one of my top choices. Some difficult choices lie ahead! Congrats to all those who got in! I hope those who didn't have gotten other acceptances. the waiting game is really difficult! 

Edited by ladyoflight17

2 hours ago, UChicagoDivStudent said:

Just to put it out there, I received a waitlist notification from Chicago several hours ago (Philosophy of Religion track)

I got into Religion, Literature and Visual Culture at Divinity! I am an international student, still I cannot believe it! Dear UChicagoDivStudent - thank you! I saw your post here and I went to check my e-mail, when I saw the offer - wow! This was my first choice! Good luck to everyone else, and I hope that I will meet some of you!

23 minutes ago, UChicagoDivStudent said:

I am fairly sure all acceptances, waitlists, and internal rejections went out tonight, in all areas of study of the Div School (UChicago).

Do you know when the MA decisions at UChicago will be released? 

So if you haven't heard from Chicago Bible at this point... rejection? :'(

Also, sorry to be late to the thread, but has anyone heard about any acceptances to Johns Hopkins Hebrew Bible & Northwest Semitics PhD? I saw that someone received a waitlist notification, but I haven't heard anything else....

Edited by mangywolf

14 hours ago, Panama Slim said:

Congrats on all the acceptances thus far! 

Is Harvard the last major hold out? 

Harvard has still not announced, but they're almost ready to. There's a full committee faculty meeting next week, and I imagine they will go out after that.

4 hours ago, mangywolf said:

So if you haven't heard from Chicago Bible at this point... rejection? :'(

Also, sorry to be late to the thread, but has anyone heard about any acceptances to Johns Hopkins Hebrew Bible & Northwest Semitics PhD? I saw that someone received a waitlist notification, but I haven't heard anything else....

Just in case this discussion has been taken into private messages, I'd also love some insight into JHU's timeline. Not short listed, but no rejection yet. So am I still in the running?

49 minutes ago, pmajor said:

Just in case this discussion has been taken into private messages, I'd also love some insight into JHU's timeline. Not short listed, but no rejection yet. So am I still in the running?

Same here. For the record, I've had no contact yet either. No short list. No rejection.

16 hours ago, theophany said:

Harvard has still not announced, but they're almost ready to. There's a full committee faculty meeting next week, and I imagine they will go out after that.

Ah, somebody said "last week" last week! This wait is excruciating. Anyway, I didn't get an interview, so I'm not optimistic. Then again, I may have read a post in this forum about Harvard not doing interviews. Any idea? You seem to have some inside info, theophany.