Doctoral applications 2015-2016

RD_Paul

4 hours ago, Esei_John said:

Thanks, do you know whether U of C or Harvard requests interview session as part of an decision-making process? I didn't get one, and I really hope this is not a bad sign for me. 

So far as I know, Harvard CSR did not conduct interviews. But I have it on good authority that decisions there will be announced next week.

Also, for what it's worth, I just moments ago received a generic rejection email from Princeton's dept of religion.

5 minutes ago, Perytion said:

So far as I know, Harvard CSR did not conduct interviews. But I have it on good authority that decisions there will be announced next week.

Also, for what it's worth, I just moments ago received a generic rejection email from Princeton's dept of religion.

I also just received my rejection email from Princeton. Thanks for sharing the info about Harvard. Glad to know there's still a chance.

6 minutes ago, Perytion said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

And sorry for the news from Princeton. 

49 minutes ago, Perytion said:

For anyone interested, as far as I know Harvard NELC does not conduct interviews either.

Perytion, do you happen to know if the NELC department will be announcing decisions next week as well or at another time?

14 minutes ago, Abdelazar said:

For anyone interested, as far as I know Harvard NELC does not conduct interviews either.

Perytion, do you happen to know if the NELC department will be announcing decisions next week as well or at another time?

Honestly, I'd be really surprised if they get their announcements out by next week. It's a bigger department with more applications to sift through. But who knows?

55 minutes ago, hswg said:

Officially accepted into Princeton today. Anyone else? It seems like they don't have an official visit day so I'm curious if anyone else knows when they might go.

Congrats! PU or PTS? What subfield?

15 hours ago, pmajor said:

Okay, so I mentioned a few days ago that I was accepted in CUA, but I hadn't heard about the financial piece. Honestly, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the thought of having to foot the full bill. So, does anyone know of other avenues (besides the school itself) for piecing together funding in order to survive in a city like DC?

Is funding still a possibility through CUA and you're just waiting to hear back on that, or did you get a final word that you are not being offered tuition/stipend? I agree with @diazalon if it turns out you don't get funding. The job market on the other end is simply too risky to go into debt for a PhD in the humanities and esp in religious studies on top of that (not to mention if you do happen to be one of those lucky a$$holes--I mean that in the best way possible--who get a tenure track position right after graduation you're not going to be making much $ anyway!).

Well, yesterday I got a surprise phone call from Marquette and was accepted with full funding! Anyone else going? I saw at least one other offer on the results page, I'm hoping to hear from a few others before I make my final decision, but I'm fairly excited. Field: Systematic Theology/Ethics with a focus in political theology and interreligious cooperation. 

7 hours ago, drivingthoughts said:

Well, yesterday I got a surprise phone call from Marquette and was accepted with full funding! Anyone else going? I saw at least one other offer on the results page, I'm hoping to hear from a few others before I make my final decision, but I'm fairly excited. Field: Systematic Theology/Ethics with a focus in political theology and interreligious cooperation. 

I did not receive a call. Maybe means I got waitlisted? I don't think I interviewed well. Honestly I probably didn't put as much into it as I could have. I'm in at BC with full funding. But congratulations! One of my professors at LMU is an alumni of Marquette. He says they treated him very well!

Anybody else heard from CUA, thinking about accepting? As mentioned before, I'm still waiting on the financial piece, but have been encouraged that this is the best fit for me!

On February 19, 2016 at 1:04 PM, hswg said:

Officially accepted into Princeton today. Anyone else? It seems like they don't have an official visit day so I'm curious if anyone else knows when they might go.

Congrats @hswg! Let me know if you have any questions, or want to get in touch with subfield students while you make your decision.

Edited by diazalon

There were some acceptances for practical theology/theological education programs posted in the results page--Boston University, Boston College, and Claremont...Anyone on here claiming those? I would love to ask you some questions :) 

Edited by Meinrad

On February 19, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Esei_John said:

Any news for U of Chicago??? I'm really wondering has anyone been offered interview from U of Chicago..   

As far as I know UChicago divinity doesn't usually interview but it could be different according to the subfield

1 hour ago, gidadu said:

Anyone heard from Yale (theological studies)?

I think they are close--I am surprised they haven't gotten it out yet. I was contacted by my POI on the 11th--who nominated me for the Philosophy of Religion slot (!!!!)--and he said the department will likely have the final decisions made "by the end of next week" (now last week) or the beginning of this week. Fingers crossed! (And good luck everyone out there...)

Edited by axiomness