Doctoral applications 2015-2016

RD_Paul

35 minutes ago, AnxiousApplicant123 said:

Ah, somebody said "last week" last week! This wait is excruciating. Anyway, I didn't get an interview, so I'm not optimistic. Then again, I may have read a post in this forum about Harvard not doing interviews. Any idea? You seem to have some inside info, theophany.

What program did you apply to? I'm not sure about other departments or programs, but it seems that the NELC department has generally sent out acceptance/wait list notifications around mid-March. If I remember, the Committee for the Study of Religion program sent out notifications around the first two weeks of March. I may have been the one who mentioned that Harvard does not do interviews, so I should be more clear--I'm not sure about other departments/programs, but as far as I know, I don't think that the Hebrew Bible program generally interviews. I don't think that CSR does either, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Sorry that I can't give you more info!

1 minute ago, Abdelazar said:

What program did you apply to? I'm not sure about other departments or programs, but it seems that the NELC department has generally sent out acceptance/wait list notifications around mid-March. If I remember, the Committee for the Study of Religion program sent out notifications around the first two weeks of March. I may have been the one who mentioned that Harvard does not do interviews, so I should be more clear--I'm not sure about other departments/programs, but as far as I know, I don't think that the Hebrew Bible program generally interviews. I don't think that CSR does either, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Sorry that I can't give you more info!

Thanks for your reply. I applied to CSR, RitA subfield. Still no notification, and I haven't seen anything in the Results Search except for one rejection on Feb 2.

Also waiting on Harvard's CSR PhD (not ThD) program. I've heard back from everywhere else I applied to.

Re. Harvard, I applied to the Buddhist Studies, South Asian Religions, and Religion, Gender, and Culture subfields. I didn't receive a request to interview, though I met with several of the faculty members I'm interested in working with last November at the Atlanta AAR. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Samahito

i just heard from my poi at Mcgill, religious studies faculty. i applied to study philosophy of religion, phd.  i've been accepted!  the poi said the mcgill uapply system should have notified me yesterday, but as of now it still says 'in review'.  good luck to everyone!

I can confirm that Harvard does not interview--at least I never interviewed and I am here.

The decisions should be out soon (current PhDs just got an e-mail asking for those willing to contact admitted students)--though I would expect to be contacted by your POI rather than to get an official e-mail.

Edited by Ted Chicago

1 hour ago, Ted Chicago said:

I can confirm that Harvard does not interview--at least I never interviewed and I am here.

The decisions should be out soon (current PhDs just got an e-mail asking for those willing to contact admitted students)--though I would expect to be contacted by your POI rather than to get an official e-mail.

Are you referring to NELC or CSR or another department/program?

Looks like someone posted a Yale acceptance (early in the morning--for an American time zone, at least) this morning. Can anyone here claim it?

EDIT: There was a waitlist notification reported yesterday as well.

Edited by axiomness

Wow. did Harvard notify their informal acceptance?(there are some postings on result page). Congrats on all the acceptances. Can anyone claim it? If that "short note" from CSR chair was a generic acceptance notice, then I'd have no chance to get in.

Edited by Esei_John

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Run said:

Have an email from Duke Divinity that my decision is ready for the ThD, but the "view decision" link won't open on the Applicant Status page. Anyone else having this problem? I applied to the PhD as well and can view that decision fine.

Just got the letter too. Try logging out, closing your browser, then logging back in. It worked for me. 

22 minutes ago, tdwightdavis said:

Well. If Yale has sent their acceptances/wait list stuff I guess it's about time for me to think about what to do next. Looks like my only hope is the wait list at Baylor or a third round next year.

I really hope you hear good news from Baylor!

2 hours ago, tdwightdavis said:

Well. If Yale has sent their acceptances/wait list stuff I guess it's about time for me to think about what to do next. Looks like my only hope is the wait list at Baylor or a third round next year.

I hope the best for you my dude but if it doesn't work out and if you really want it then hit it for a third time.  Took me three years of applying but was finally accepted to UPenn and NYU, and still waiting on a few more.  

Never give up, never surrender. 

Edited by ibnbattuta

No more news from Harvard? (CSR) Were short notices on 23th the first and last informal acceptance notice from CSR of Harvard? I'm still waiting, but it seems no sound was to be heard since then.