Doctoral applications 2015-2016

RD_Paul

On 2/13/2016 at 6:43 AM, SA_BS said:

Any international student interviewed, waitlisted, or approved so far?

Hi! @SA_BS I'm also an international applicant.

Because I didn't get noticed(neither interviewed, nor approved yet),I didn't reply to your original post though. 

But Just want to let you know that there is someone in your boat. good luck to you. 

Did you get any interview/admissions offer so far?

5 hours ago, fides quarens intellectum said:

I can't tell you what that means exactly, @pmajor, but I do know this:

When I applied and interviewed, a week or so after interviews, my cardinal station thing basically stopped working.  It would let me log in, but nothing else would work.  Unfortunately it took maybe three weeks before I found out I didn't get in, but I suspect my cardinal station malfunction may have been a hint.  That's 100% speculation, but if I'm right, I'd take it as at least a not bad sign on your end.  

Hang in there!  The waiting sucks!

Was that this year? Or some time in the past?

On February 14, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Sokolov said:

Friends, did anyone hear back from Fordham, Princeton U, Saint Louis, and Loyola Chicago? I am curious what is going on... 

@_PATRISTICS_ All Princeton U decisions have been made at the department level and are at the graduate school for approval. Sit tight.

Edited by diazalon

On 2/13/2016 at 8:33 AM, drivingthoughts said:

Hey folks, so, I got an interview at Marquette (Systematics/Ethics) scheduled for this Monday - anyone else doing the same? I know this is something new for them, as this is the second year they're doing interviews - if you've done it in the past, any tips?  

Thus far: 1r/0w/0a of 6 (Northwestern)

@drivingthoughts I had an interview with Marquette today as well. I did not expect a 10 person panel. I interviewed at BC as well and it was much less intense. 

8 minutes ago, hizzle30 said:

Has anyone in Ph.D. Psychology (non-clinical) heard from U of Chicago, Notre Dame, Colorado State or UNCG?

I doubt anyone here applied to Psychology programs; you might want to check out the psychology forum: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/8-psychology/

7 hours ago, Rrrrahner said:

@drivingthoughts I had an interview with Marquette today as well. I did not expect a 10 person panel. I interviewed at BC as well and it was much less intense. 

@Rrrrahner Great! I hope you had a good experience, I did. However, it was a bit surprising to open the Skype chat and see, well, a table full of folk. First time I've ever had someone ask me questions about my writing sample too. 

Best wishes - we'll hear something soon, I imagine.

Edited by drivingthoughts

On 2/15/2016 at 8:15 AM, Esei_John said:

Hi! @SA_BS I'm also an international applicant.

Because I didn't get noticed(neither interviewed, nor approved yet),I didn't reply to your original post though. 

But Just want to let you know that there is someone in your boat. good luck to you. 

Did you get any interview/admissions offer so far?

Hi Esei_John. No, I didn't get any notice yet. I was checking the results page, and I couldn't find many international applicants accepted/interviewed in the list this year (and in international are included Canadians and Europeans). Not a good sign for us. :) 

4 hours ago, drivingthoughts said:

@Rrrrahner Great! I hope you had a good experience, I did. However, it was a bit surprising to open the Skype chat and see, well, a table full of folk. First time I've ever had someone ask me questions about my writing sample too. 

Best wishes - we'll hear something soon, I imagine.

@drivingthoughts Same to you!

Ok. So has anyone applied to Emory and not heard back at all yet?  I'm expecting a rejection call sometime soon, but I feel like it's strange that I haven't heard anything. I'm still waiting to hear from Harvard and PTS, but I hear they've begun to make some decision on things in the last couple of days.

2 minutes ago, raleighheth said:

Ok. So has anyone applied to Emory and not heard back at all yet?  I'm expecting a rejection call sometime soon, but I feel like it's strange that I haven't heard anything. I'm still waiting to hear from Harvard and PTS, but I hear they've begun to make some decision on things in the last couple of days.

I haven't heard back yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon. Like the person who posted on the results page, I submitted a hurried application to get the application in time for a fee waiver. 

2 minutes ago, turktheman said:

I haven't heard back yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon. Like the person who posted on the results page, I submitted a hurried application to get the application in time for a fee waiver. 

I'm the opposite.  I completed my application with more than enough time, but two of my recommenders didn't get their letter in until the days after it was due!  I would have been quite frustrated if they weren't two of my favorite people on earth.

10 hours ago, tdwightdavis said:

First two official rejections received yesterday from Emory and Boston College. Afraid I'll be getting 0 acceptances again this year. Really hoping someone takes an offer somewhere else at Baylor so I get in off the wait list.

Sorry to here about this.  Hopefully something good can happen with Baylor.

On 2/13/2016 at 0:40 PM, Perique69 said:

Accepted to Emory, Bob Jones, Princeton U, and an online program (Capella) so far.  PhD in NT except for the online program. Really waiting to hear from Regent and Harvard. 

Why did so many people give this a thumbs down? That's great news! Congrats!

11 hours ago, therealhogwarts said:

Why did so many people give this a thumbs down? That's great news! Congrats!

The user has a negative reputation (numeric and otherwise) in this subforum. Also take a closer look at the institutions listed: Bob Jones and Princeton, Regent and Harvard. It's not a serious post.