Doctoral applications 2015-2016

RD_Paul

1 hour ago, tdwightdavis said:

Baylor accepted another theology interviewee off the waitlist and I know she's taking that offer. So it looks like my PhD season is officially over. Just waiting to hear back about the MA at Vanderbilt.

Sorry to hear that man, you waiting to hear about funding or acceptance? 

Edited by CosmicMarpeck

Anyone hear of anything out of Dayton yet? Results page says they typically have already sent out rejections, and acceptances go out in the next few days? But no word on either so far this year. 

On 3/16/2016 at 11:22 AM, CosmicMarpeck said:

Sorry to hear that man, you waiting to hear about funding or acceptance? 

Acceptance. I switched my PhD application to MA two weeks ago, so it could be a little while before I hear back.

19 hours ago, drivingthoughts said:

@Rrrrahner Sorry to hear! I wanted to go there too, but was told not to apply based on my stats. So, where do you plan on going now?

I accepted the offer from BC. It is a better fit in the long run anyway. Where are you headed?

Found out Friday I got accepted to the MA at Vanderbilt. Not exactly what I wanted at the beginning of the PhD application season, but at least it's a step forward instead of another year of just waiting. Good luck to all of you starting the PhD and hopefully I'll be joining you all next year.

1 hour ago, tdwightdavis said:

Found out Friday I got accepted to the MA at Vanderbilt. Not exactly what I wanted at the beginning of the PhD application season, but at least it's a step forward instead of another year of just waiting. Good luck to all of you starting the PhD and hopefully I'll be joining you all next year.

Congrats!

On 3/19/2016 at 8:50 AM, pmajor said:

Any word from JHU?

Finally heard from JHU. Got my rejection letter from them this afternoon via post. Nice letter. I'm disappointed, but I have other prospects at this point, so I wasn't counting on it. Anyway, it seems JHU is sending rejections out, which I assume means that acceptances went out a while ago.. Good luck to you.

23 minutes ago, mangywolf said:

Finally heard from JHU. Got my rejection letter from them this afternoon via post. Nice letter. I'm disappointed, but I have other prospects at this point, so I wasn't counting on it. Anyway, it seems JHU is sending rejections out, which I assume means that acceptances went out a while ago.. Good luck to you.

If you don't mind me asking, does the application website reflect that you've been rejected from them or does it still say that your application is "submitted"?

53 minutes ago, Almaqah Thwn said:

If you don't mind me asking, does the application website reflect that you've been rejected from them or does it still say that your application is "submitted"?

My account still says SUBMITTED... Though, the Dear John letter says otherwise.

27 minutes ago, pmajor said:

My account still says SUBMITTED... Though, the Dear John letter says otherwise.

Ah, thank you for letting me know. I'll be keeping an eye on my mailbox these next few days. 

Also, what have you found out about CUA's scholarships? I am a lurker and I care. 

11 hours ago, tdwightdavis said:

I'm right there with you.  I felt like a dead lock for a PhD position at Notre Dame but it looks like I'll be getting an MTS these instead.  It's definitely better than nothing! Stoked for you!

When I applied, I was waitlisted at UT and was not sent an email initially. After seeing a bunch of rejections on gradcafe and not receiving word, I finally emailed and was told I was on the waitlist. 

12 hours ago, Kuriakos said:

When I applied, I was waitlisted at UT and was not sent an email initially. After seeing a bunch of rejections on gradcafe and not receiving word, I finally emailed and was told I was on the waitlist. 

thanks for the reply :) so silence could be inferred as being waitlisted sometimes. well I wondered the inquiry since some applicants have been informed about their status already. if you don't mind my asking, are you currently a UT phD student?

8 hours ago, Ms. V said:

thanks for the reply :) so silence could be inferred as being waitlisted sometimes. well I wondered the inquiry since some applicants have been informed about their status already. if you don't mind my asking, are you currently a UT phD student?

Nope. I'm somewhere else. I'm pretty sure the reason they didn't notify me was because I was near the bottom of the waitlist. They went through 3 people and never got to me, so I think I might have been a safety candidate!

7 minutes ago, Kuriakos said:

Nope. I'm somewhere else. I'm pretty sure the reason they didn't notify me was because I was near the bottom of the waitlist. They went through 3 people and never got to me, so I think I might have been a safety candidate!

then no chance for me either and the crossed fingers are nothing but "labor lost" I guess ;) well my MA is in English literature and I can't be expecting too much though my proposal subject is quite competitive 

• 2 weeks later...
On April 1, 2016 at 8:18 AM, raleighheth said:

Any other news on Emory HB?

Emory sent out their acceptances awhile back. If you have heard anything yet, odds are not good unfortunately.

On 4/1/2016 at 8:18 AM, raleighheth said:

Any other news on Emory HB?

5 hours ago, theophany said:

Emory sent out their acceptances awhile back. If you have heard anything yet, odds are not good unfortunately.

Yea, but they also sent out rejections... so that's confusing. I'd call, if I were you. But, I'm a bit anxious about such things.

19 hours ago, theophany said:

I (and a few others I've spoken with) emailed the school and received emails from Professor Strawn stating that we were waitlisted. They accepted three people. One person rejected and two were undecided.  I'm really hoping they let people know what the deal is soon.

On 4/3/2016 at 7:08 AM, raleighheth said:

I (and a few others I've spoken with) emailed the school and received emails from Professor Strawn stating that we were waitlisted. They accepted three people. One person rejected and two were undecided.  I'm really hoping they let people know what the deal is soon.

I'm not connected with Emory so I can't speak for them, but I know someone who got in off of the waitlist this past week. He is taking it. Good luck.