2016 Acceptance Thread

3 minutes ago, pbnwhey said:

Accepted to UNCG English! Had a good long talk with my advisor today and he's strongly encouraging me to go to UCLA, but I wouldn't mind a visit to UNCG just to connect with one of the best professors in my field even if I probably won't wind up going there. Only school I'm (officially) waiting to hear back on is Emory, even though I'm considering it a rejection at this point. Would it be considered inappropriate to call them and ask just so I can get confirmation of the inevitable? Judging by the past, they usually would've sent out waitlists/rejections a couple weeks ago.

Hi pbnwhey,

I called Emory to ask about my application after getting accepted to UC Riverside. The Program Chair got back to me to let me know I was not admitted. Very prompt, too, so I appreciated that.

Good luck. :)

Edited by GSZ
missing word

12 minutes ago, GSZ said:

Hi pbnwhey,

I called Emory to ask about my application after getting accepted to UC Riverside. The Program Chair got back to me to let me know I was not admitted. Very prompt, too, so I appreciated that.

Good luck. :)

Just called and left a message, hope they're as prompt with mine as they were with yours! Thank you for letting me know!

4 minutes ago, BellaBendrix said:

OMG there is a Penn acceptance. Anybody cares to claim it? The reaction in the search result was hilarious. 

Upenn.png

That's me, Bella. Melissa Sanchez gave me a call. I was the first call because my name came first alphabetically. There will be many more calls, so don't worry. And I feel so bad about being so explicit about all of my schools. The whole process took a big toll on my self esteem, and I suppose I'm atoning for that in ignoble ways... haha. The poster upstairs has a point!

3 minutes ago, pianodan736 said:

That's me, Bella. Melissa Sanchez gave me a call. I was the first call because my name came first alphabetically. There will be many more calls, so don't worry. And I feel so bad about being so explicit about all of my schools. The whole process took a big toll on my self esteem, and I suppose I'm atoning for that in ignoble ways... haha. The poster upstairs has a point!

Nah, if I had gotten into Chicago (was rejected D:), I would brag too. We are all super sensitive! I don't think I will get a call, as I am an international student and I applied through the IIE. Did you contact the professors beforehand? What's your area??? 

2 minutes ago, BellaBendrix said:

Nah, if I had gotten into Chicago (was rejected D:), I would brag too. We are all super sensitive! I don't think I will get a call, as I am an international student and I applied through the IIE. Did you contact the professors beforehand? What's your area??? 

Dear Bella,

My area is 18C British, and I did, indeed, contact a Penn professor, the wonderful Toni Bowers, whose work I adore. What's your area? 

Finally, something other than a rejection!  I'm waitlisted at Buffalo.  Mine's the post that got the GRE Verbal and Quantitative mixed up so it looks like I'm super unqualified -_-  Good luck to everyone!  Don't know whether I should call or not and find out where I am on the list?  Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, DaniB23 said:

Finally, something other than a rejection!  I'm waitlisted at Buffalo.  Mine's the post that got the GRE Verbal and Quantitative mixed up so it looks like I'm super unqualified -_-  Good luck to everyone!  Don't know whether I should call or not and find out where I am on the list?  Thoughts?

I think you'd better call, what will be the harm? At least you'll know your chances

1 hour ago, ‘Cat'erburyTales said:

Agreed, can someone repost the website link to check status updates for UPenn? 

The link should be on your ApplyWeb, which you can get to through your recommendation letter confirmation emails, if you haven't gotten a "Admissions Decision Is Available" email yet.  Between "Print Receipt" and "View Checklist" will be another box that says "View Your Decision Letter."

Got an email from Ohio University, and I received an offer of admission to their MA program in Rhetoric and Composition with a teaching assistantship!

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear from their programs!

Edited by klader

On 2/22/2016 at 8:29 AM, mk-8 said:

Hi guys, I'm in at USF too (for rhet/comp)! I'll be at the open house in March as well.

Congratulations!! I'll see you there, then (my flight was just confirmed and booked yesterday!)

On 2/18/2016 at 7:09 PM, Rose Egypt said:

Hi all, any applicants to U of New Mexico?

I go to UNM. Let me know if you have any questions! I know a little about admissions, for what program did you apply?

On ‎2016‎년 ‎2‎월 ‎23‎일 at 6:19 AM, DaniB23 said:

Congratulations! I am still waiting to hear from Buffalo. Guess I am rejected though. So bummed after receiving 6 rejections in a row.

Did they offer you good funding?

2 hours ago, ArthurianChaucerian said:

I know rhet/comp has started to let people know as of last night.

I actually just received an email of acceptance to U of New Mexico for English lit! Apparently a lot can happen when you get home from work and check your email/voicemail, because I also received a phone call from U of Arizona.  The director said that he was very excited about my application and wanted to discuss their offer, which I assume means I've been accepted. 

3 hours ago, ArthurianChaucerian said:

I know rhet/comp has started to let people know as of last night.

Ahhh! The pressure is on. Do you know if they give out admissions in waves (as in fellowship offers first, assistantship offers next, PhD acceptances first, MA acceptances afterwards, etc.)?

And congratulations on the double acceptances, @HumanCylinder!!

Edited by klader

1 hour ago, Juneoh said:

Congratulations! I am still waiting to hear from Buffalo. Guess I am rejected though. So bummed after receiving 6 rejections in a row.

Did they offer you good funding?

I don't know anything about funding yet.  The only thing I do know is I'm number 2 on the waitlist of 7 and that I found out by randomly checking the gradmit website.  Good luck!  No news is good news, as they say!

41 minutes ago, DaniB23 said:

I don't know anything about funding yet.  The only thing I do know is I'm number 2 on the waitlist of 7 and that I found out by randomly checking the gradmit website.  Good luck!  No news is good news, as they say!

Hi all, just wanted to let you know I will probably be declining my offer from Buffalo in the next few days.  I'm not sure if they waitlist by field or not, but I can say I am pre-1800.  I know a friend of mine will probably decline soon as well.

Edited by underwater