What's the meaning behind your username?

FoxAndChicken

Mine is because I'm a logic major, and our school has a late night taxi service that takes you home from the library when you're studying pretty late. Every time I've taken it, I've had almost the exact same conversation. "So, what do you study?" "Logic! It's really fun stuff!" "So, have you heard the one about the chicken, the fox, and the bag of grain?" "Uh, yeah." And I'm usually too tired to explain that that's not what I do. (I think that question falls under graph theory, actually.) But it's funny to me, because I get this question so much, and it's always a different person. I think it's kind of like when math majors tell people they do math and someone asks them what 26*32 is.

When I started my undergrad... the university assigned you an email with a preselected username. After 4 years, it was easier to just keep using if for everything because my fingers are lazy and don't want to type something new. 

Bengal tigers are one of my favorite animals. I was tired and thought it sounded cool at the time. (Also, my username is secretly a Hunger Games reference.)

Demeter is a goddess of agriculture with a cool story. I like mythology. I thought it was fitting for two reasons. 1) I'm an agriculturalist, and I have a hat I wear in the fields that my friends call my agricultural goddess hat. 2) By using the name, I get to use creative commons art for avatars, which is helpful, because I am not photogenic, and I like to maintain an air of mystery on the web. 

TL;DR. I'm an agriculturalist. It's a joke about a hat. I'm not really the goddess of my field. 

Back when I was learning geometry proofs in 9th grade or so, I thought CPCTC (corresponding parts of congruent triangles are congruent) was so fun to say. It's been my username on a bunch of different sites ever since.