Today is February 15th, the day that the Peggy Guggenheim Collection is supposed to let us all know about our potential internships between May and December. I know from reading past forums that they often take over a month to send out the decision emails, I really hope that's not the case again this year. 

I applied for the month of May and I'm from Ottawa, Canada.

If anyone hears anything, please post!

Edited by RachelBlair

Im in the same situation. It seems like sometimes they answer even a month after the deadline, but there is other people who have been informed on the deadline or only a few days later :( 

Please let me know if you receive anything :D

Edited by lolamrp

47 minutes ago, RachelBlair said:

I got super impatient and sent an email politely asking about the delay. ? I figure it will take a while for them to respond so I'll post the response when they do! 

Thank you Rachel! Let's hope for the best girls :)

I got a response! They said the selection process is running late and that all candidates (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified next Wednesday (February 24th). 

At least we're not hearing back a month late like in some past years! 

Oh great so one more week of this! Yes that's still way better than a month let's hope we'll all be hearing on the 24th and that it'll be a good surprise!!

Btw do you guys all speak italian? Because I've put that I speak  'basic italian' but it wasn't very clear what level of italian we needed to be accepted... And its been bothering me :huh:

My Italian is pretty basic too but I said it was "good" on my application. I'm still working on it so I figure if I actually get accepted I'll do a little Italian bootcamp to improve it. :P

It says on the website that if you show an interest in the language and that you've taken steps to learn it then that's acceptable. But I've read past accounts online from people who get accepted and they spend the first couple weeks struggling because they barely know Italian. 

Edited by RachelBlair

Oh praise the lord! Haha yeah that's what I thought too I'll definitely work on it if I get accepted! Let's hope it'll work out and if anything going there will force us to learn :P

Hi everyone! I also applied, fingers crossed for next Wednesday.

Btw, I speak Italian fluently, and I was still rejected last year :( I'm more hopeful this year though. Any of you applying for the MoMA internship?

I wish I had applied to internships in New York like MoMa and the Met but between applying for grad school and scholarships/grants I barely had time to finish this one. I was in Venice two summers ago for a month on a study abroad course so I'm dying to go back. :P

I think it's like 1 in 10 chance for the Guggenheim, probably even less during the summer, so fingers crossed for everyone!!

Hey chloedejonge, I've also applied for the Met internship and was thinking about the seasonal internship the Moma are offering, have you applied to one in particular? 

I think for the Met one they said we'd hear back in early April...

Edited by Issra

I haven't applied to the Met, mostly because I need a visa and they don't sponsor it (they act as host institution though) and on the website it looks like they are really not flexible with skype/phone interviews. So I felt like its not really worth it to get two more referees and do all the hustle. I applied to the MoMA though, I picked the Education department as my first choice, and I applied for the Summer internship :) 

HI there!
I've applied for the fall (october-december) and I'm just in the same situation. Let's hope we get a response soon enough, but remember that last year they also said they would have response by 6th march but they didn't ultil 1xth, so patience..

By the way is there any open process in another internship program that I should know? I've read some ppl talking about met and moma..

Thnx!

Hey AlbaHaca, the met and moma applications for the summer are closed now but you can maybe check their longer internships, there might be something. Also, Sotheby's internship and Christie's work experience are still in open process (both in London).

I applied to the Peggy internship as well! I spent last summer in Florence and learned Italian there, but I have forgotten most of it. I also applied to the Met internship and I got an interview, but it can go either way. Let's hope they give us their decision tomorrow, I have been waiting for tomorrow anxiously.