2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

3 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

Harvard sends all their invites today until 5, though it seems they are going alphabetically.

:unsure: not looking like it's gonna happen for me. Congrats to all of you that got interviews!

12 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

I know that feeeel :( 

Definitely not a good one, but there's still more to come! Not the end of the road! Still have yet to hear back from other schools

Edited by DGD4L

1 hour ago, Kaede said:

Does anyone know when the UCLA Biosciences interview dates are?

I also applied to UCLA Biosciences, so I'll let you know if there's any movement on my end lol. So far, I'm bereft of any interview invites. Best of luck to you!

1 hour ago, hihello742 said:

Hey there,

I applied to NYU Sackler too, their Biomedical Sciences program. I have not heard back. It does not seem anyone in the results thread has posted anything either. Although they may have heard back, but do not read this forum.

1 hour ago, ilovelab said:

Well at least that is some good news. It is my top choice so hopefully we both hear from them soon. 

Someone just posted in the results forum about an interview invite for NYU Sackler Biomedical Sciences  (Microbio/Immunology track). Interview dates are set for either: Jan 12-13 or Jan 26-27. Best of luck!

5 hours ago, jumbo1177 said:

I also selected the umbrella program! My interview specified that the Cell Biology department reviewed my app? Did yours specify a department?

Mine just said "The Admissions Committee of the Integrated Program in Cellular Molecular and Biomedical Studies.. "

10 minutes ago, Oddich55 said:

Got an interview at University of Chicago - Genetics, Genomics, Systems Biology :). They said they would reach out in the next few days and schedule an interview. 

I'm dying here. You are getting so many interviews. At least its just that none of my programs have sent any yet. Now it won't be until Monday at the earliest. Well, I'm going backpacking this weekend to get off the grid and away from email...

Sad for all of you who got disappointments today. It's tough. Have some comfort whiskey... lol

Congrats to everyone with invites!

Congrats on interviews everyone! Just wanted to say that everyone here is super supportive and really nice, we definitely more of that in academia. For those of you still waiting, don't worry! It's still relatively early, we have time until the end of December! Don't lose hope. Have a glass of wine (or whatever your indulgent choice is) and relaaaax (I know, not possible). You gotta enjoy the days you have left before trading your life to research:)

4 minutes ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

I'm dying here. You are getting so many interviews. At least its just that none of my programs have sent any yet. Now it won't be until Monday at the earliest. Well, I'm going backpacking this weekend to get off the grid and away from email...

Sad for all of you who got disappointments today. It's tough. Have some comfort whiskey... lol

Congrats to everyone with invites!

I do not advise drinking out of sadness. 

2 minutes ago, sivis said:

Congrats on interviews everyone! Just wanted to say that everyone here is super supportive and really nice, we definitely more of that in academia. For those of you still waiting, don't worry! It's still relatively early, we have time until the end of December! Don't lose hope. Have a glass of wine (or whatever your indulgent choice is) and relaaaax (I know, not possible). You gotta enjoy the days you have left before trading your life to research:)

Most of my programs don't send invites until January. Only 3 of them even send in December.