SLP California Applicants Fall 2016

1 hour ago, pdelacru said:
1 hour ago, pdelacru said:

Yeah, I hope they send them out earlier too (maybe late March at least).

I see you applied to St. Mary's College. It's a great school. If you end up getting accepted there, I'd be happy to tell you more about the local area and the campus dynamic between ND, SMC, and HCC. I would have wanted to apply but it doesn't look like the SMC program is available to out-of-field applicants. It would have been nice to be one of the first male alumni of the program though!

UoP is my first choice so I hope they don't come too close to the April 15 deadline! 

I did! And thank you. That would be awesome! If I get accepted, I'll definitely PM you :) 

Maybe because the program is so new they only want in field applicants? I'm sure they'll accept out of fielders when they have an established program that is fully certified. It's sad that it can't help you now though but you've got some great schools on your list! :) 

1 minute ago, EESpeechie said:

Yeah, Pacific would be awesome. I grew up in Stockton and attended an information session a few months ago. It would be great to attend a program close to home.

I have a few friends who went to SMC and others who are returning to Notre Dame for graduate school (I'm pretty jealous since I miss the area! ^_^

1 hour ago, hanaidn said:

Anyone got waitlisted on CSULB? 

Im curious whether they have notified all the results, or only some of the acceptances.

I want to know too.  I  saw a few people posting acceptances from CSULB, but I haven't received any words from them. 

2 hours ago, hanaidn said:

Anyone got waitlisted on CSULB? 

Im curious whether they have notified all the results, or only some of the acceptances.

1 hour ago, rainsonata said:

I want to know too.  I  saw a few people posting acceptances from CSULB, but I haven't received any words from them. 

I would advice you guys to call the department. I saw other people getting acceptances when I applied for the post-bacc and when i called they let me know I was on the waitlist and where I was ranked on the waitlist. About 2 weeks later, I got my acceptance. Hopefully you guys hear from them soon! 

I hope UoP sends out their decisions earlier.. I wonder why their decisions are coming later this year.

for the ppl who applied to UoP, did you apply as an in-field or out of field applicant? And do they put them all in the same pool?

15 minutes ago, SLPBethany said:

I hope UoP sends out their decisions earlier.. I wonder why their decisions are coming later this year.

for the ppl who applied to UoP, did you apply as an in-field or out of field applicant? And do they put them all in the same pool?

I'm applying in field and from what I've heard, they pick people for the 24 month program separately from the 15 month :) 

I am going to be applying to SLP programs for online schools. I currently live in Arizona and would love to apply to CA schools, but tuition is much too expensive.

My current GPA is decent and my original GRE scores were a bit low, but ok. Although I'm a bit nervous, I'm going to re-take the GRE and apply to more schools.

I hope I get accepted somewhere!

On 2/29/2016 at 11:33 PM, SLPBethany said:

Hi everyone!

I see that there are a bunch of SLP forums for applicants from other states but none for California applicants, therefore I decided to start one for all of us applying to schools in CA! 

For myself personally, I am applying to CSUS, CSUEB, UoP, SJSU and CSULA. My GPA is pretty high but I am extremely concerned about my low GRE score and lack of experience in the field. I have not heard back from any of the schools yet but I am hoping to hear back from them soon! 

Feel free to comment on which schools you have applied to, your stats and any questions or concerns =). 

Where did you find SLP forums for Arizona? I only see general SLP users on this website, not those specific to each state.

I just checked the UoP graduate application checker and it says "decision made". does anyone else's status say that too? I'm freaking out ... i'm so scared that this is going to be a rejection :/

8 hours ago, SLPBethany said:

I just checked the UoP graduate application checker and it says "decision made". does anyone else's status say that too? I'm freaking out ... i'm so scared that this is going to be a rejection :/

Mine says that too! I hope this means they'll send them out soon. I don't think anyone's heard from them yet (so no news isn't necessarily bad news) 

1 hour ago, Kslptobe said:

did they already send out all of the CSULB acceptance/rejection letters?

No.  I called the department yesterday and they said they'll be sending letters for the next few weeks.  So far I've been seeing people with acceptance letters on gradcafe, but no rejections or waitlists.  I haven't received an acceptance letter myself, so I'm going to assume I either got rejected or waitlisted. 

34 minutes ago, rainsonata said:

No.  I called the department yesterday and they said they'll be sending letters for the next few weeks.  So far I've been seeing people with acceptance letters on gradcafe, but no rejections or waitlists.  I haven't received an acceptance letter myself, so I'm going to assume I either got rejected or waitlisted. 

Okay, thanks for replying. Hoping for the best!

3 hours ago, EESpeechie said:
12 hours ago, SLPBethany said:

Mine says that too! I hope this means they'll send them out soon. I don't think anyone's heard from them yet (so no news isn't necessarily bad news) 

My grad app checker says "decision made" too. :blink: I'm also sitting on pins and needles waiting for UoP's decision! 

@sesame_mochi @EESpeechie I hope we get in!! the suspense is killing me! Congrats to you two for your other acceptances though =)!

@sesame_mochi do you mind sharing your stats with me? I was thinking about applying to Boulder as well but I was afraid my stats weren't high enough

I just got an email from UoP. I got accepted!! I'm so happy! Of course, I'm waiting to hear back from other schools but I'm definitely excited for the offer :) 

I hope everyone hears back soon with good news as well!! 

4 hours ago, SLPBethany said:

@sesame_mochi @EESpeechie I hope we get in!! the suspense is killing me! Congrats to you two for your other acceptances though =)!

@sesame_mochi do you mind sharing your stats with me? I was thinking about applying to Boulder as well but I was afraid my stats weren't high enough

Thanks @SLPBethany! Yes. I'm an out of field applicant. Undergrad GPA 3.67, Q152, V161, AW4.5 :) 

Does anyone find it strange that Chapman's results page haven't shown rejection statuses since 2014 and it's by postal mail?  I mostly see accepts and waiting lists.  I have no idea what to expect from Chapman or if I'll ever hear from them.

4 hours ago, rainsonata said:

Does anyone find it strange that Chapman's results page haven't shown rejection statuses since 2014 and it's by postal mail?  I mostly see accepts and waiting lists.  I have no idea what to expect from Chapman or if I'll ever hear from them.

I heard that they email people who did interviews about 2-3 weeks later the interview week.

If you did interview longer than 3 weeks ago, I think you could email them and ask! 

On March 5, 2016 at 10:32 PM, imunster said:

Congrats! CSU applicants, can you guys post your stats?

Overall GPA: 3.58

CSD: 3.89

Last 60 Units: 3.90

GRE: 146/148/3.5 - Not great but technically good enough lol 

I applied to SFSU and SJSU.  Had an interview at SF on Monday.  SJ said they won't send anything out until April.

1 hour ago, SpeechieChk said:

Overall GPA: 3.58

CSD: 3.89

Last 60 Units: 3.90

GRE: 146/148/3.5 - Not great but technically good enough lol 

I applied to SFSU and SJSU.  Had an interview at SF on Monday.  SJ said they won't send anything out until April.

I had the interview on Monday too! What did you think? When do you think we will hear back?