SLP California Applicants Fall 2016

2 hours ago, SLP4lyfe said:

I had the interview on Monday too! What did you think? When do you think we will hear back?

I think it went well!  I thought my group worked really well together, but I could see my whole group getting accepted, so its hard to say!  I don't know when we'll hear back, but I posted in another section of this forum and someone else said the website said the second to last week in March?  Soon I hope! The waiting is killing me!  What did you think of the interview?

On March 11, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Jkc25 said:

Congrats everyone who got into UOP! I was accepted as well! :) UOP was my top choice, does anyone know if they are accepting yet?

Wont be attending open house but will probably be accepting! Man is it expensive though! What about you guys?

1 hour ago, SLPBethany said:

Wont be attending open house but will probably be accepting! Man is it expensive though! What about you guys?

I'm going to wait until after the open house to decide. I'm very conflicted as to which school I should attend :unsure:

Hopefully meeting other people who may be in the cohort will help!

So I had an interview at SFSU on 3/7, and this morning got this email, I'm hoping it's their weird way of saying I got in???  Did anyone else get it?: 

Your graduate admission application has been forwarded to your intended graduate program for final review. 

If you have not done so, please submit all academic department application materials (letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, test scores, etc.) directly to the Graduate Coordinator for your intended program. Contact the academic department directly with questions regarding these additional application materials. You may continue to check your SF State Admission Status online at the following website: http://www.sfsu.edu/admit/

On March 5, 2016 at 5:10 AM, hanaidn said:

I have overall GPA of 3.7 and 3.58 for major(CSD) with GRE score of 150/165/4.0

I have 25 hours of shadowing experience, and worked as a research assistant for 1 and 1/2 years. 

However, I am worried about my CSDCAS gpa, since they do not accept retakes and A+, which lowers my CSD GPA by 3.47

(I have retaken 3 major courses, and 1 A+ is from CSD course.)

Since I have not heard from any school(so far, 3 rejections, and no waitlists), I am really worried and even cannot sleep every night!!!!!

I got that email too and my stomach dropped haha. I'm not thinking too much of it because I don't want to get my hopes up. I didn't do my undergrad there so it's an uphill battle for me to get in. The next 2 weeks are gonna be killer.

20 hours ago, SLPBethany said:

It is definitely expensive! I went to one of the information sessions last year, so as soon as I got my acceptance I knew UOP was it! 

19 hours ago, EESpeechie said:

I'm going to wait until after the open house to decide. I'm very conflicted as to which school I should attend :unsure:

Hopefully meeting other people who may be in the cohort will help!

I'll definitely be at the open house! Hopefully we can meet in person! I'll be there with two other girls from my school who were accepted as well. Did you apply to the 15 month?

7 hours ago, Jkc25 said:

I'll definitely be at the open house! Hopefully we can meet in person! I'll be there with two other girls from my school who were accepted as well. Did you apply to the 15 month?

I did! I can't wait to meet everyone :) 

On March 10, 2016 at 11:17 PM, SpeechieChk said:

I think it went well!  I thought my group worked really well together, but I could see my whole group getting accepted, so its hard to say!  I don't know when we'll hear back, but I posted in another section of this forum and someone else said the website said the second to last week in March?  Soon I hope! The waiting is killing me!  What did you think of the interview?

Yeah, maybe we will hear next week before their spring break. The wait is making me so anxious!!! 

I think it went pretty good, but my group was pretty quiet. I don't know if it was good enough or how exactly the process will go. 

Best of luck!!! 

7 minutes ago, BearSkin said:

Has anyone received a rejection letter from CSULB yet?

I recalled a few people saying they were accepted a bit back, but no responses to the rest of the applicants?  I checked the website every day but still nothing.  I called them too, but they said we would get responses in a few weeks (this was 2-3 weeks ago). 

35 minutes ago, SLPBethany said:

Has anyone not heard from east bay yet 

=( i just want to know if it's an acceptance or rejection.. 

I got an email saying i'm on the waitlist and a friend got a rejection today. They said they are going to send out the mailed letters in addition to the email copy of it. 

I wish i knew for ya, good luck!!

6 minutes ago, rainsonata said:

I recalled a few people saying they were accepted a bit back, but no responses to the rest of the applicants?  I checked the website every day but still nothing.  I called them too, but they said we would get responses in a few weeks (this was 2-3 weeks ago). 

the acceptance letter from csulb said we needed to let them know by april 15th if we wanted to accept the offer yet, as they have "many applicants waiting to take unfilled spots". i accepted the offer a few weeks ago and have been checking my status via the applicant self service and it still says the same under review thing. 

Hey, did anyone on here get an acceptance to CSU Fullerton yesterday? I just seen a couple on the results board. Can we assume if we didn't get a phone call that we were rejected?

3 hours ago, slpdee said:

Hey, did anyone on here get an acceptance to CSU Fullerton yesterday? I just seen a couple on the results board. Can we assume if we didn't get a phone call that we were rejected?

From a couple years back on the department website, they used to say something like, "if you haven't heard from us, you weren't accepted, here's the link to your rejection letter." (Which includes a list of reasons why you might've been rejected). You might want to check the website?

1 hour ago, jm1988 said:

From a couple years back on the department website, they used to say something like, "if you haven't heard from us, you weren't accepted, here's the link to your rejection letter." (Which includes a list of reasons why you might've been rejected). You might want to check the website?

Yeah I've heard about that and have seen through the documents on the site shortly after applying. I hate that everything's up in the air really without anyone even getting on a waitlist. I was hoping that without interviews this year we would all get at least a more definitive response from them. CSUF was always a reach though with it's popularity. Was hoping someone that got a phone call had any additional information I didn't know.

On 3/10/2016 at 9:52 PM, Jkc25 said:

Congrats everyone who got into UOP! I was accepted as well! :) UOP was my top choice, does anyone know if they are accepting yet?

@Jkc25I just accepted yesterday. I haven't heard back from all the schools I applied to, but Pacific was my top choice to begin with. I attended the open house session on 3/18, and my decision was made. Can't wait for August!

Pretty much everyone else I spoke to at the open house said they hadn't decided yet whether to accept or not. I honestly have no idea who my cohort is going to be!

Edited by steveshooman
Change signature

3 hours ago, BearSkin said:

If you didn't get an interview with CSULB does that mean you got rejected? I would assume so....

That's what I've been assuming for awhile now since most people who did get interviewed by them was back in February.