Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

1 hour ago, cruxclaire said:

Thanks, I hope you get the research grant as well! :)

I have two friends who have done the ETA in Germany and both seem to have had a positive experience. I'm telling myself not to get my hopes up, but the way it feels waiting for notification has made me realize how much I want it.

I was an ETA in Mainz, Germany and had a wonderful time! Best of luck to you, I hope you get it! Now I'm in it for research and hoping my luck hasn't run out with Fulbright just yet ;)

1 hour ago, Horb said:

I hope the luck of the Irish helps everyone today! Because I forgot what day it was...

Hope you remembered to wear green, @Horb! Otherwise you might get pinched ;)

Darn, I was really hoping Bulgaria ETA decisions would go out this afternoon since the research notifications went out this morning. Hopefully we don't have to wait until next Friday or longer.

@edon16 @Jess2323 - Are you guys feeling a little stir crazy too?

Edited by catsbloom

3 minutes ago, Horb said:

Did all finalists get two emails?

For my Spain ETA, I initially got two emails, then got a third the next day from the commission. 

4 hours ago, maelia8 said:

I was an ETA in Mainz, Germany and had a wonderful time! Best of luck to you, I hope you get it! Now I'm in it for research and hoping my luck hasn't run out with Fulbright just yet ;)

Thanks! I went to Mainz for a day trip when I did a short high school exchange with a Gymnasium in Wiesbaden. I remember it having a cool Romanesque cathedral and a printing museum. Did you like living there? It seems like it could be a nice alternative to a place like Frankfurt if you like cities but not huge cities. 

@Horb I'll hope for Tuesday now!

2 hours ago, catsbloom said:

Darn, I was really hoping Bulgaria ETA decisions would go out this afternoon since the research notifications went out this morning. Hopefully we don't have to wait until next Friday or longer.

@edon16 @Jess2323 - Are you guys feeling a little stir crazy too?

Completely. I had a final today and could not focus at all because I thought we would be notified ? The struggle is real.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:26 AM, inkstainedarm said:

Wait--were you asked a question on US politics? That's so interesting, because I definitely was not asked that, and yet their interview FAQ say that interviewees are all asked the same questions! My questions were more about what I would bring to the UK, where I would travel in the UK, leadership experience/style, and why the Fulbright was important to me.

It was a general question on US politics. "How would you describe a current topic in US politics to a local?" I also got the elevator question. Something along the lines of "How would you respond if I asked you what your plans were in the UK while conversing in an elevator?" I also was asked a more practical, what is my plan B if I didn't get the award. I thought that was interesting.

I'm either going to have the best birthday month, or the worst. Depending on the news from the UK. Reading about the Netherlands, Bulgaria, and Poland. Congrats! I hope to know by early this week. So close, but so FARRRRR.

I did get confirmation from my Uni that they received my deposit to secure a place for me in Cornwall. Unrelated to the Fulbright, but the email got me excited.

Anyone else from on the gradcafe waiting on UK results??