Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

***opens up computer***

***gets messenger notification that my best friend just received the NSF GRFP***

***freaks out uncontrollably for her***

***checks my email***

***sees the Fulbright notification for Bulgaria Research***

***sees an A***

***"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*****************KKKKK***

In reality, I am incredibly grateful to have made it this far and to have shared the anxiety waiting with all of you. Fingers crossed, I can be promoted!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

3 minutes ago, tommec said:

***opens up computer***

***gets messenger notification that my best friend just received the NSF GRFP***

***checks my email***

***sees an A***

In reality, I am incredibly grateful to have made it this far and to have shared the anxiety waiting with all of you. Fingers crossed, I can be promoted!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

I'M SENDING ALL MY GOOD VIBES TO YOU. CAPS LOCKED. FINGERS CROSSED. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

5 minutes ago, tommec said:

***opens up computer***

***checks my email***

***sees an A***

Congrats! ? You totally can be promoted! Stay hopeful! 

1 minute ago, eliza.e.campbell said:

Selected for research to Bulgaria! Congratulations to everyone else, and patience and good vibes to the alternates! You're all amazing. Anyone else going to be in Sofia this fall?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

1 minute ago, eliza.e.campbell said:

Selected for research to Bulgaria! Congratulations to everyone else, and patience and good vibes to the alternates! You're all amazing. Anyone else going to be in Sofia this fall?

Congrats!!!! Now I have a pit in my stomach because I'm waiting for the ETA notifications for Bulgaria ?! 

Whats your research regarding!

2 minutes ago, Jess2323 said:

Congrats!!!! Now I have a pit in my stomach because I'm waiting for the ETA notifications for Bulgaria ?! 

Whats your research regarding!

Hoping to do refugee and migrant issues on the southern border (I'm an Arabic speaker and currently working for UNICEF in Amman). Good luck! Sending you good vibes. The Bulgaria ETA notifications should be out later today, I'd guess? ❤️️

54 minutes ago, AKACaz said:

Just got my email - Alternate for Netherlands Research. Phew. At least it's news.

Good luck to everyone else!!!

I hope this means Netherlands ETA will also announce soon. Hoping you are promoted!

Edited by yoh_rrg

I'm out of upvotes to give, but major congrats to all of those who have gotten great news in the past day! Alternates, don't lose hope! People get bumped up all the time!

Edited by aheather

3 minutes ago, cruxclaire said:

Any chance Germany will notify today? I created an account here because the wait is giving me so much anxiety. :wacko:

WELCOME! And idk...I don't think they've notified on a Friday, but idk if that is actually a thing or just a coincidence. What did you apply to do?

4 minutes ago, Horb said:

WELCOME! And idk...I don't think they've notified on a Friday, but idk if that is actually a thing or just a coincidence. What did you apply to do?

It seems like Germany prefers Tuesdays and Thursdays, but it also seems like they usually wait til the last week of March or first week of April, which makes me even more nervous because my future is really uncertain at the moment.

I applied for the ETA. How about you? I'm on mobile and can't see that little sidebar thing where people post what they applied for.

1 minute ago, cruxclaire said:

It seems like Germany prefers Tuesdays and Thursdays, but it also seems like they usually wait til the last week of March or first week of April, which makes me even more nervous because my future is really uncertain at the moment.

I applied for the ETA. How about you? I'm on mobile and can't see that little sidebar thing where people post what they applied for.

I applied for Research. They prefer Tuesdays and Wednesday for that and the third week of march...BUT OH WELL. I had this awkward moment where I got my teaching assignments for next semester and had to be like...I may or may not be here...just fyi. 

I hope you get the ETA! My friend did it and had a splendid time! She learned so much and really grew as a person. 

2 minutes ago, Horb said:

I applied for Research. They prefer Tuesdays and Wednesday for that and the third week of march...BUT OH WELL. I had this awkward moment where I got my teaching assignments for next semester and had to be like...I may or may not be here...just fyi. 

I hope you get the ETA! My friend did it and had a splendid time! She learned so much and really grew as a person. 

Thanks, I hope you get the research grant as well! :)

I have two friends who have done the ETA in Germany and both seem to have had a positive experience. I'm telling myself not to get my hopes up, but the way it feels waiting for notification has made me realize how much I want it.

2 minutes ago, cruxclaire said:

Thanks, I hope you get the research grant as well! :)

I have two friends who have done the ETA in Germany and both seem to have had a positive experience. I'm telling myself not to get my hopes up, but the way it feels waiting for notification has made me realize how much I want it.

Yeah, Fulbright does that to you!

I'm weirdly calm today. The last week or so I was crazy nervous every day, but today feels better...Maybe I'm not losing my mind like I thought I was :) 

56 minutes ago, eliza.e.campbell said:

Hoping to do refugee and migrant issues on the southern border (I'm an Arabic speaker and currently working for UNICEF in Amman). Good luck! Sending you good vibes. The Bulgaria ETA notifications should be out later today, I'd guess? ❤️️

Congrats and good luck with your research! Hopefully ETA notifications come out today as well.

1 hour ago, tommec said:

***opens up computer***

***checks my email***

***sees an A***

Fingers crossed! 

Hi everyone! I just made an account today, as I found out this morning I was selected as a finalist for the Netherlands! I applied to a special degree-seeking program at the VU University of Amsterdam, where I'll be studying art history. Any other NL finalists or art history applicants?

And thanks to everyone on this board for addressing so many of the things I had questions about (i.e. State Dept. craziness) -- I've been poking around here for awhile, but never felt I had anything to add....until now! :) Hope everyone else hears good news soon!

9 minutes ago, ld4977 said:

Hi everyone! I just made an account today, as I found out this morning I was selected as a finalist for the Netherlands! I applied to a special degree-seeking program at the VU University of Amsterdam, where I'll be studying art history. Any other NL finalists or art history applicants?

And thanks to everyone on this board for addressing so many of the things I had questions about (i.e. State Dept. craziness) -- I've been poking around here for awhile, but never felt I had anything to add....until now! :) Hope everyone else hears good news soon!

CONGRATS!

21 minutes ago, ld4977 said:

Congrats!!!

Not selected for research to Israel ? I'm obviously super disappointed, but luckily I have a backup plan that I'm also thrilled with (fully funded PhD program at UNC).

Thanks to everyone in this forum for being such a fabulous emotional support system! I'll still be rooting for each and every one of you!!