Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

I've officially accepted a position at USF!  I'm feeling a huge mix of relief and anxiety about being finished with the application process.  @KeepSwimming2017 I really hope you end up getting accepted to USF and we can be classmates!! Keep me updated on how things are going for you.

Accepted a spot at Brandeis! Would love to hear from others that might also be going there. Good luck to everyone waiting. Being a part of this group has made this process so much easier and less stressful, and if this little message board is any indication of what our future colleagues will be like..then I have high hopes! 

@GCFaith92 She said I was in like, the top 1/3? So I guess that's good, lol. I figured if they interviewed around 24 people, and accepted 6 of them, that would mean there are 18 people waiting so I'd be somewhere in the top 6 which isn't too bad. Trying to stay positive lol.

@Ellaie Aww congrats!! I hope I get in too - if not, you'll definitely be seeing me there next year during interviews lol =) I refuse to give up! 

2 minutes ago, GCapplicant said:

Is it appropriate to call today to ask about waitlist movement, or should I just wait until tomorrow?

You can definitely call! But it's 5 pm on the east coast so they may or may not respond.

Edited by Gorays39

Hey Everyone!! Congratulations to all those getting spots today =) This morning was a total blur of emotions. 

I turned down a position at Brandeis earlier today (I really loved this program, but the move to Boston just wasn't ideal for me with all the other factors). I am currently deciding between two other programs - both great opportunities, but very different in terms of cost which is making me want to take a little bit of time to decide. I plan on sleeping on it and letting the programs know first thing tomorrow - since it is a major decision and one that I was waiting on financial information on. I would imagine that waitlists would have a lot of activity in the morning for this reason. 

Thank you to everyone here for all of the support and encouragement throughout this process! I am so, so excited for the next 2 years. 

@KeepSwimming2017 yeah she told me I was near the top and to not accept other offers yet if they are my first choice and that I should wait it out a little longer. Did you rank them and SLC or do you just have your heart on USF? I know we spoke at the Rutgers interview and you were really excited about USF so I am sending positive vibes your way

46 minutes ago, Ellaie said:

I've officially accepted a position at USF!  I'm feeling a huge mix of relief and anxiety about being finished with the application process.  @KeepSwimming2017 I really hope you end up getting accepted to USF and we can be classmates!! Keep me updated on how things are going for you.

Congrats! You're going to rock it.

Don't forget to turn down your other offers (cough UCI cough) - there are a lot of us desperate to get off of waitlists.

@GCFaith92 SLC is def #2 - I honestly didn't feel positive vibes from Rutgers when I interviewed. I know the school is great and the program seems good, but I wasnt too happy about it. USF just had all the right things for both personal and academic reasons - I'm tempted to just turn down other offers (if I get them) and reapply to USF next year =/ Blah. This sucks. I already ate all the chocolate in my house. I wonder if there's ice cream somewhere. Might have to move onto the hard stuff tomorrow and buy some wine...

@KeepSwimming2017 uhg it is rough. I am torn between Rutgers and Jefferson . I know the director at Rutgers so that helps and its cheaper by like 20k. However its an hr drive for me. I vibed well with 2 of the 3 interviewers but i loved ALL the interviewers at Jefferson. Follow your heart. Just remember next year is a match process so you only get one acceptance. But given that you have interviewed with USF you may have a great chance! I may jus go for the hard stuff tonight! lol

Hi Hi everyone. I have been following this forum since ending interviews, and its been so helpful!

For those waitlisted at UCI: I feel incredibly bad, I have a spot there but I am waiting on ONE school, my top choice, and have been accepted no where else. Holding the UCI spot as such, but I've been told there's a really good chance that I'll get into the other program. So for those on the waitlist, I hope this helps and provides a bit more info! 

3 minutes ago, anxietySOS said:

Hi Hi everyone. I have been following this forum since ending interviews, and its been so helpful!

For those waitlisted at UCI: I feel incredibly bad, I have a spot there but I am waiting on ONE school, my top choice, and have been accepted no where else. Holding the UCI spot as such, but I've been told there's a really good chance that I'll get into the other program. So for those on the waitlist, I hope this helps and provides a bit more info! 

It's super kind of you to share this info. Thank you for giving me hope.

7 minutes ago, anxietySOS said:

It's very considerate of you. Thanks!

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Ultrapeaches said:

Congrats! You're going to rock it.

Don't forget to turn down your other offers (cough UCI cough) - there are a lot of us desperate to get off of waitlists.

Don't worry.  Those were the next couple calls I made as soon as I officially accepted the offer from USF. :)

#1 on CSUStan's waitlist -- my top choice so if you're out there, pleaaase decline if you don't want it!! I hope everyone gets in to their choices and congrats to you all!! Fingers remain crossed!!