MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

On 2/10/2017 at 10:53 AM, mikeyyates said:

Thanks! Best of luck to you! Did you apply for painting?

sure did! I wonder how many applicants they get a year. I know its competitive.  I think I have like a 5 percent chance. But hey, why not apply.

Edited by icw

On 2/1/2017 at 11:12 AM, turnip said:

Congratulations! I just got my rejection letter from Northwestern. 

I will be interviewing with PennDesign as well. It's a fairly long drive for me, but I want to see the facilities so I think I will make it work. 

I got my rejection from Northwestern as well, but my PennSesign status is still waiting for review, Finger crossed. Btw, whens ur PennDesign interview? 

Edited by jinnngxu2017

For what it's worth for you guys: a former student just received an acceptance from U. Tenn, in case anyone's been waiting on that one.  She also received a rejection from Carnegie Mellon--not sure exactly when that happened.

Edited by losemygrip

On February 10, 2017 at 4:54 PM, tilde_swiñtoñ said:

Yeah, it's really easy. It's in addition to FASFA. It took about 5-10 mins to complete.

On February 10, 2017 at 5:11 PM, Impartial said:

Indeed – you'll need your 2015 tax return details handy to fill it out adequately, but otherwise, it's fairly fast. Had a small jump at first when I saw the email from Columbia in my inbox. 
200.gif#31
PS – loving all the RPDR fans in here! Haha

On February 10, 2017 at 4:38 PM, tugbamina_871 said:

yeah i got the email too and came here to find out if it meant anything :)

@tugbamina_871 probably is for everyone..

@tilde_swiñtoñ @Impartial thanks for the info! i'm a international student so i wasn't really sure how to file it!

My friend received a phone call today from Cranbrook metals asking her to come visit at the end of the month. When she asked if she could come in March (since it was such short notice) they said she could however it would be a lot longer wait to hear their admission decision!

On 2/10/2017 at 4:19 PM, nicodog said:

Hey Causofit,

You said you would have loved to have talked about your work.  What do you mean by that?  Did they not ask about your work, or do you just mean that you were nervous and cant remember what you discussed about it?  I have interviewed with programs that didn't ask about my work at all (instead were just general questions about other artists, books I read, etc,) and some that ONLY discuss your work, image by image.  Just curious what their interview process consisted of?  It can be tough to walk into an interview and have it go completely the opposite of other interviews you have done, in terms of their focus and style of questioning.

Lol yea! They asked about my work, but i was so nervous i couldnt articulate myself the way i wanted! ?

Hey said hi! And jumped into: tell us about yourself? They asked like 4 questions and then the mic was handed to me. I asked them questions about the facilities and studios and faculty visitis. 

Yea--- it was ?

I've been quietly following this forum for a while, but finally decided to join today. I applied to Yale (got rejected), VCU, and Tyler. I saw someone got an interview for VCU a week or so ago, has anyone else heard from their painting department? Or Tyler (aside from the fact that apparently they're accepting only 5 applicants)?

Edited by leekrasner

Again, Tyler Painting applicants should formally start hearing back 2nd and 3rd week of February. I was told that I was a painting finalist only after I emailed Tyler admissions about my painting application status. If you want to learn more about your own application status then I would recommend emailing Tyler like I did. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Zander said:

Again, Tyler Painting applicants should formally start hearing back 2nd and 3rd week of February. I was told that I was a painting finalist only after I emailed Tyler admissions about my painting application status. If you want to learn more about your own application status then I would recommend emailing Tyler like I did. Good luck!

Ahh, thank you Zander! And congratulations on your status as a finalist!!! :)