MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

41 minutes ago, chikapea said:

I applied for painting! Called Rutgers and they said they are still sending emails out this week. They said if I had not heard by Friday to call and check! Fingers crossed! ;)  Has anyone heard from Columbia (Painting)? 

don't understand why do they need whole week to send out emails? i thought they only accept 40-50 interviewees in total??

3 minutes ago, jbsp said:

don't understand why do they need whole week to send out emails? i thought they only accept 40-50 interviewees in total??

Not sure. Seems strange to me as well. That's what I was told though. :/   Maybe they meant this week to send out all of the rejections too.  

On 10 February 2017 at 4:23 AM, crembrule said:

how do you check to see who/from where people are viewing your site?

I have a non basic account on Vimeo, I pay a little so I can see my video stats and upload bigger files. I could see the links on my application were clicked on.

50 minutes ago, chikapea said:

Bard should be today. Anyone heard from them yet? 

My experience with Bard was that they were always late to make their deadlines for responses. I believe they sent out interview notifications on the Saturday or following Sunday of the week they posted that notifications would go out. I was told I was wait-listed and never got a single follow-up from them after that. The only way I figured out I wasn't making it off the wait list was by looking at the class schedule and seeing they were starting in a week. Not even a form email being like, thanks for applying but it's not happening this year, kiddo. <_<

10 minutes ago, tilde_swiñtoñ said:

My experience with Bard was that they were always late to make their deadlines for responses. I believe they sent out interview notifications on the Saturday or following Sunday of the week they posted that notifications would go out. I was told I was wait-listed and never got a single follow-up from them after that. The only way I figured out I wasn't making it off the wait list was by looking at the class schedule and seeing they were starting in a week. Not even a form email being like, thanks for applying but it's not happening this year, kiddo. <_<

Thanks for sharing your experience with Bard. I'm sorry it was handled that way. I think it's better to know an absolute than just be hanging on. According to their website notifications for interviews will be today but who knows for sure! 

5 minutes ago, chikapea said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with Bard. I'm sorry it was handled that way. I think it's better to know an absolute than just be hanging on. According to their website notifications for interviews will be today but who knows for sure! 

lol, it's just residual sour grapes on my part. What I really mean to say is, if you don't hear anything today don't stress it. I remember going a whole week lamenting that I didn't get an interview only to see the email the following Saturday saying I got one.

5 minutes ago, tilde_swiñtoñ said:

lol, it's just residual sour grapes on my part. What I really mean to say is, if you don't hear anything today don't stress it. I remember going a whole week lamenting that I didn't get an interview only to see the email the following Saturday saying I got one.

Wow! So crazy! I'll try not to stress lol... ?

21 hours ago, Zander said:

Again, Tyler Painting applicants should formally start hearing back 2nd and 3rd week of February. I was told that I was a painting finalist only after I emailed Tyler admissions about my painting application status. If you want to learn more about your own application status then I would recommend emailing Tyler like I did. Good luck!

Decided to email them to find out my status, and they respond that they never got my slideroom app even though I have a confirmation that everything went through. Wow. Awaiting their response. Thank you.

Edited by leekrasner

3 minutes ago, leekrasner said:

Decided to email them to find out my status, and they respond that they never got my slideroom app even though I have a confirmation that everything went through. Wow. Awaiting their response. 

Yikes!! I hope it works out, maybe they got your info mixed up? If you got a slideroom confirmation I would think they'd be able to see everything from their end. 

I emailed this morning too for sculpture and was told they hadn't reviewed my application yet & I should hear back in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully they're still reviewing painting too!