MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

2 hours ago, oliveoil said:

Hi! I got an acceptance from Calarts (for 2 yr graphic design) last week. I think I might be a funny case though because I visited the school and met with faculty there back in December before applying. When I did apply they didn't ask for an interview (but I think they usually do interviews?). They have rolling admissions and told me that they look at applications in few different different rounds throughout February and March so I wouldn't worry! 

I logged into my application portal and there was a letter of acceptance waiting for me there (2 year gd mfa). It was uploaded today--still haven't received an email...but, no interview? Strange, considering I've never been to California and I wanted an the interview to scope out the campus to get a good feeling of the place and the people.

Edited by altiplano

1 hour ago, altiplano said:

I logged into my application portal and there was a letter of acceptance waiting for me there (2 year gd mfa). It was uploaded today--still haven't received an email...but, no interview? Strange, considering I've never been to California and I wanted an the interview to scope out the campus to get a good feeling of the place and the people.

CONGRATS!!! So that happened to me too — I checked my account and had an acceptance letter and then got an email from them about it at the end of the day! They are having an accepted students day on march 17th!

Edited by oliveoil

1 hour ago, sylviecerise said:

@BlCEO nothing yet on my end. 

@tugbamina_871 & other Columbia photo people ahhhh, hope that you guys hear back soon!! 

Thank you! Good luck on your interviews ?

36 minutes ago, Impartial said:

Thank you for this update~ Columbia Univ. or Columbia College?

Columbia Uni. I was hoping it would be before tomorrow (the financial aid deadline) so if I am rejected I would not have to pay the fee to send my financial aid profile to them. 

6 minutes ago, tugbamina_871 said:

Thank you! Good luck on your interviews ?

Columbia Uni. I was hoping it would be before tomorrow (the financial aid deadline) so if I am rejected I would not have to pay the fee to send my financial aid profile to them. 

I know, it's kind of a racket right? They won't send out rejection letters until after the deadline. <_<

Omg just jumping in here. Reading through all of this has my heart pounding haha. 

I'm waiting to hear back from Hunter's MFA Painting program, and see that interview requests are going out today- and that some received rejections this morning. I did not receive a rejection, so does that mean I maybe will get an interview? Eek can't stop staring at my inbox.

Anyone know when RISD Painting interview requests will go out?

I also applied to Rutgers (got rejected last week), BU (interview on 2/27), Tyler (no interviews this year apparently?), Brooklyn College (no interviews), and GSU (phone interviews, waiting for invite).

All this waiting sucks! haha

15 minutes ago, dylwitz08 said:

Omg just jumping in here. Reading through all of this has my heart pounding haha. 

I'm waiting to hear back from Hunter's MFA Painting program, and see that interview requests are going out today- and that some received rejections this morning. I did not receive a rejection, so does that mean I maybe will get an interview? Eek can't stop staring at my inbox.

I also applied to Rutgers (got rejected last week), BU (interview on 2/27), Tyler (no interviews this year apparently?), Brooklyn College (no interviews), and GSU (phone interviews, waiting for invite).

hey, welcome to the anxiety club! lol

how do you know Hunter started sending rejections this morning? I'm very anxious about hearing from them! and didn't get any news from them yet. Hope it is a good sign like you say.

good luck with your interviews!

6 minutes ago, Tyra1992 said:

hey, welcome to the anxiety club! lol

how do you know Hunter started sending rejections this morning? I'm very anxious about hearing from them! and didn't get any news from them yet. Hope it is a good sign like you say.

good luck with your interviews!

I thought I read on a previous page that folks said they'd received a rejection from Hunter this morning. Maybe I misread? I'll try to find... it was only a page or two back I think

13 minutes ago, dylwitz08 said:

Did you get the GSU general update email today and have a full on panic attack!?!??! I saw the  2017 Application title and dropped my phone. 

3 minutes ago, highland_arch said:

Did you get the GSU general update email today and have a full on panic attack!?!??! I saw the  2017 Application title and dropped my phone. 

Yes, that was such an evil email! Though I know they were probably trying to be helpful... it was so vague. Gah!

1 hour ago, sssettam said:

Mine doesn't show that either! Got the rejection email this morning.

Let me know if you call them about it. I'm assuming it's just a glitch because their website is archaic.

@sssettam since i received rejection letter so i m pretty sure im out!

2 hours ago, Tim D said:

@MonkeyPants I am at MECA and worked over the summer for the MFA program as the woodshop technician, I heard they haven't sent anything out yet. If you have any questions about their program let me know. Good Luck

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll stop refreshing my email and...go do something productive?

Louise.gif