Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

2 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

I'm wondering if that's a troll, I don't trust anything unless there is at least 3 postings.

It's a troll unless there is several results on the page AND somebody claims it on here! - That's my policy.

17 minutes ago, Jazahmia said:

I didn't get anything from Columbia yet at all. It's weird.

Me neither. And also silence from UNC. Both portals remain unchanged despite recent updates (claimed rejections) on the results page. 

3 minutes ago, waterloo715 said:

Me neither. And also silence from UNC. Both portals remain unchanged despite recent updates (claimed rejections) on the results page. 

Same for UNC - it's driving me a bit crazy even though I now have an acceptance I would pick over them anyway....I just hate not knowing!

3 minutes ago, international_IR said:

I don't know. It was a very personalized email from POI. There were 256 applicants for the IR field.

that is a lot for one field. Similarly ranked programs get a little more than that for the entire department. 

23 minutes ago, waterloo715 said:

Honestly, I'm hoping this means waitlist. Fingers crossed for us all. 

5 minutes ago, resDQ said:

a lot of programs/faculty like to talk about how underranked they are on USNews. Georgetown IR is the only one that truly is. IMHO. 

Frankly, I don't know what metrics are behind programs' ranking, but their faculty is quite reputable in almost all streams of IR say in security and political economy. I admit I may be biased toward security stream scholarship but I find Kroenig and Lieber truly influential.

I've heard one Syracuse and one Georgetown this week... I hope they don't just trickle out slowly. To be honest, I'm expecting a rejection from GU, though. :unsure:

12 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

Claiming a GW admission

Did they mention how the process will work at the open house? I am on the waitlist (w/o an invitation to visit), but I am curious about how big that waitlist is and whether I should hold out hope for an acceptance late in the cycle. 

10 minutes ago, waterloo715 said:

Did they mention how the process will work at the open house? I am on the waitlist (w/o an invitation to visit), but I am curious about how big that waitlist is and whether I should hold out hope for an acceptance late in the cycle. 

Well they had an open house / interview session on Monday (2/6). They invited 40 of us and were planning on giving offers to about 30 and waitilisting the rest. There were also some people who were waitlisted outright, so I'm not sure how big the waitlist is, but I don't think there is going to be another open house. 

4 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

Well they had an open house / interview session on Monday (2/6). They invited 40 of us and were planning on giving offers to about 30 and waitilisting the rest. There were also some people who were waitlisted outright, so I'm not sure how big the waitlist is, but I don't think there is going to be another open house. 

Realizing I may have read your question incorrectly @waterloo715.  They did not mention anything about the waitlist process at the open house, at least not in any of the groups I was in. 

4 minutes ago, international_IR said:

Just received an email from POI in UPenn wanting to talk with me if I have any questions and still considering UPenn. She said their admission process is still ongoing.

Interesting. UPenn is one of my longer shots, I am really curious to see what will happen.

Oh boy, am I doing understatements?