Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

5 hours ago, ugurcanevci said:

Congrats to all UVA, Rochester admissions!

Today has been a weird day so far to me. Apparently Northwestern and Columbia sent out the rejection letters and updated the websites. However, nothing has changed for me on both. While Columbia has already sent out the waitlist letters as well, I still don't expect even a waitlist. But, why don't I receive the rejections? I've checked my junk mailbox, it is also empty. 

So how many people are still waiting for Columbia? seems really early for rejections.. 

10 minutes ago, GradNYC said:

So how many people are still waiting for Columbia? seems really early for rejections.. 

There is one more rejection post. So apparently they sent rejections to some. Maybe to people they consider for the MA? (I already have an MA so it would be absurd for them to offer the MA to me, as UCSD did)

6 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

There is one more rejection post. So apparently they sent rejections to some. Maybe to people they consider for the MA? (I already have an MA so it would be absurd for them to offer the MA to me, as UCSD did)

I see... ok well i guess i'll be checking my application portal every 20 minutes ;)

21 minutes ago, GradNYC said:

I also am still waiting for Columbia. Applied to be considered for their MA, though, so maybe that's why I haven't heard anything.

4 minutes ago, Jazahmia said:

I also am still waiting for Columbia. Applied to be considered for their MA, though, so maybe that's why I haven't heard anything.

Ok, i'm waiting and i have a MA already. 

10 minutes ago, krapp said:

Rejected from UMN but accepted to USC and invited to the POIR day in March! That first acceptance feels so good!

Congratulations!

(your username is in honor of Beckett's play?)

3 minutes ago, Monody said:

Anyone else regularly checking one's acceptances? It somehow makes me extremely happy every time I see that all the effort actually paid off (and the offer is still there).

You deserve it Monody!

Sounds like Penn State is done, and I got nuthin'...so probably ought to cross them off the list.  Now I'm down to Indiana and TAMU, if I'm going to have any choices besides my UGA admission.  I think PSU was a long shot anyway given that I'm not planning on doing big data or really intense quant research.  I thought perhaps they were in need of some more grad students studying courts.  Oh well.

Indiana and TAMU are my best fits other than UGA, so here's hoping I at least have a decision to make...

12 hours ago, Wallflower8 said:

Hey 

Received an informal email informing me of my acceptance. No details on funding. Any idea how much they offer? 

Congratulations! They didn't sent me details on funding. I've read they usually give between 25K and 27K. But in the informal mail POI sent me, they mentioned they have recently reformed the PhD program and now there is more funding.

1 hour ago, international_IR said:

Congratulations! They didn't sent me details on funding. I've read they usually give between 25K and 27K. But in the informal mail POI sent me, they mentioned they have recently reformed the PhD program and now there is more funding.

Thank you! They said they'll get back next week regarding that. Congratulations to you too. :)

Are you planning to visit?