PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

1 minute ago, SocialPubHealth said:

Thanks... I dont have that link. I knew I would be rejected anyways. Just gonna accept it at this point... Congrats on your waitlist!!! all the best to you!!

Thank you! & no problem. Maybe they're sending them out little by little. Hopefully you get some news soon!

2 minutes ago, Hopeful17 said:

Thank you!

Ā 

6 minutes ago, APK1942 said:

congrats @Hopeful17

any fellow PHS-Epi track people at Harvard hear back yet?Ā 

I'm PHS-Epi (ID-Track) and just got the same email as the group above 'check your status.' Such a painful process with logging in and clicking the link. Hands shaking =four or five wrong passwords.

3 minutes ago, AryaStark said:

Ā 

I'm PHS-Epi (ID-Track) and just got the same email as the group above 'check your status.' Such a painful process with logging in and clicking the link. Hands shaking =four or five wrong passwords.

Hope you got good news! Ā 

4 minutes ago, AryaStark said:

Ā 

It seriously is the worst feeling lol. Hope you got good news!!

2 minutes ago, SDOHEpi said:

A huge, huge congrats to all of the Harvard admits and waitlists!!! Hoping PHS will soon give the rest of us relief in just updating our status already. :)Ā 

What track did you apply to? Ā I'm sitting here all worried because they only appear to have notified a few tracks, but I have no idea! Ā I applied for GHP and haven't heard anything, and it doesn't look like anyone has posted any Harvard on the results pageĀ yet.Ā 

Edited by T7879

13 minutes ago, T7879 said:

What track did you apply to? Ā I'm sitting here all worried because they only appear to have notified a few tracks, but I have no idea! Ā I applied for GHP and haven't heard anything, and it doesn't look like anyone has posted any Harvard on the results pageĀ yet.Ā 

I also haven't seen any GHP notifications posted and all tracks don't appear to be represented hereĀ - so I wouldn't lose hope just yet! Ā Wishing for some good news to come your way shortly!! Ā 

I applied to the Epi track! Ā I didn't receive an interview invitation earlier in the process, though, so didn't really have my hopes up.Ā 

1 minute ago, SDOHEpi said:

I also haven't seen any GHP notifications posted and all tracks don't appear to be represented hereĀ - so I wouldn't lose hope just yet! Ā Wishing for some good news to come your way shortly!! Ā 

I applied to the Epi track! Ā I didn't receive an interview invitation earlier in the process, though, so didn't really have my hopes up.Ā 

Thank you! Ā Hope you get good news very soon too!Ā 

Undergrad School:Ā Ā California State School

Major/Minor: Ā Healthcare Administration BS/Minor Chinese Studies
Undergrad GPA:Ā 3.474
Experience/Research: Lab assistant since 2014, paid through NIH initiative starting June 2015. Internships at USC and UCI with a pending textbook chapter publication.

Applied: Ā UCI Public Health PhD, UCSD/SDSU Public Health PhD, Harvard Health Policy PhD, Claremont Graduate University Health Promotion Sciences PhD, USC Health Behavior PhD, USC MPH, Charles R Drew MPH

Accepted: Charles R Drew MPH (being considered for a scholarship)
Rejected: Harvard
Waitlisted: N/A

Ā 

Waiting to hear back from the others... Has anyone heard from the schools I'm waiting on?

Just got an acceptance from Pitt!!! Department: Behavioral and Community Health Sciences. PhD. First acceptance, two rejections (one from Emory which I didn't care for, the other from NYU whose program is brand new and needs help so didn't care much for either). Awaiting 5/8 schools now..! Good luck everyone!!!

10 minutes ago, SocialPubHealth said:

Just got an acceptance from Pitt!!! Department: Behavioral and Community Health Sciences. PhD. First acceptance, two rejections (one from Emory which I didn't care for, the other from NYU whose program is brand new and needs help so didn't care much for either). Awaiting 5/8 schools now..! Good luck everyone!!!

CONGRATS!!! That's incredible news!!!:lol:

Ā 

37 minutes ago, SDOHEpi said:

CONGRATS!!! That's incredible news!!!:lol:

Thank you!!! Yes I like their program! I wonder if I'll get matched with the Prof I showed interest in. I interviewed with them two weeks ago. Good luck to you!!!

On 2/21/2017 at 1:00 PM, larky said:

Letters went out yesterday. Have you heard back??

Hi Larky - do you mind sharing where you got this information from? I called the Health Behavior & Society Department yesterday and spoke directly with the Academic Program Admin and she said that they "hope" to get out notifications this week or next.

Edited by brosegal