PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

4 hours ago, ganhuahua said:

Undergrad School:  California State School

Major/Minor:  Healthcare Administration BS/Minor Chinese Studies
Undergrad GPA: 3.474
Experience/Research: Lab assistant since 2014, paid through NIH initiative starting June 2015. Internships at USC and UCI with a pending textbook chapter publication.

Applied:  UCI Public Health PhD, UCSD/SDSU Public Health PhD, Harvard Health Policy PhD, Claremont Graduate University Health Promotion Sciences PhD, USC Health Behavior PhD, USC MPH, Charles R Drew MPH

Accepted: Charles R Drew MPH (being considered for a scholarship)
Rejected: Harvard
Waitlisted: N/A

Waiting to hear back from the others... Has anyone heard from the schools I'm waiting on?

I applied to UCSD/SDSU for epi. Two people have reported results, but I haven't gotten anything.

I also received a SBS acceptance today! Congrats to all the acceptances and those waitlisted! 

I'm still waiting on word about funding from most places. Is this true for others? I personally won't have additional support and, other than additional jobs, won't be able to supplement money to fill in any gaps. It's going to boil down to if I can afford to living in the respective city with the money offered, and what continued funding is dependent upon. 

1 hour ago, JSnow said:

I also received a SBS acceptance today! Congrats to all the acceptances and those waitlisted! 

I'm still waiting on word about funding from most places. Is this true for others? I personally won't have additional support and, other than additional jobs, won't be able to supplement money to fill in any gaps. It's going to boil down to if I can afford to living in the respective city with the money offered, and what continued funding is dependent upon. 

Congrats!!! For Harvard? If so, did you interview?

30 minutes ago, Just_Bullshit said:

Accepted by Harvard's PHS program!!!

But havent' mentioned the funding...

congrats and out of curiosity, were you notified earlier this morning like the rest of the people who heard back from harvard? just want to know if they might be sending notifications in batches.

5 minutes ago, APK1942 said:

congrats and out of curiosity, were you notified earlier this morning like the rest of the people who heard back from harvard? just want to know if they might be sending notifications in batches.

I'm wondering the same!  If we didn't get in I wish they would just let us know, I keep holding out hope. 

9 hours ago, T7879 said:

@ganhuahua welcome!  Can I ask which Harvard health policy track you applied to and when you heard back? 

I applied to management. I called them on Feb 6th and just asked if they made a decision. They said I probably wasn't accepted because they usually don't take people straight from undergrad. Oh well.

7 hours ago, ProfessorEpi said:

I applied to UCSD/SDSU for epi. Two people have reported results, but I haven't gotten anything.

I'm glad I'm not the only one haha. Seeing that some people already heard back according to the results of this website freaked me out, but I guess they haven't notified everyone.

On 2/20/2017 at 8:40 PM, gshel057 said:

Also have heard nothing! Does anyone know if they interviewed in past years?

I live-chatted to an administrator a few months back about Columbia's SMS program and asked about the timeline for interviews.  They said that they don't interview, and that applicants are only contacted if the committee needs clarification about the application.  Then they proceeded to tell me that it was an extremely competitive program, and that it is possible to not hear from them at all and get an acceptance in March.  

This seems quite unbelievable to me (that they would give full funding to someone they haven't even spoken to), but i'm not a committee member.... either way, I'm not exactly holding my breath.  Hope this helps!

11 hours ago, kl_sn said:

Hopkins Rejected!!! :(

So sorry to hear that...I've got total silence since the interview which was more than 3 weeks ago...I'm not keeping my hope up for this...or for Harvard PHS-Epi track, which I saw some people have received the acceptance email yesterday. Anyway...could they please send whatever news already

1 minute ago, chaosveg said:

So sorry to hear that...I've got total silence since the interview which was more than 3 weeks ago...I'm not keeping my hope up for this...or for Harvard PHS-Epi track, which I saw some people have received the acceptance email yesterday. Anyway...could they please send whatever news already

I agree with that...this waiting is painful! I don't even care about the outcome anymore, just want to know the decisions. 

12 hours ago, SocialPubHealth said:

Would any accepted PhDs at Harvard SBS in PHS care to share their stats? Undergrad n Grad school name, GPAs, GRE, etc?

Top Undergrad, 3.9 GPA, no grad school, 1 published paper, good recommendations (not great); 164 (Q), 168 (V) 5 (W)