PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

19 minutes ago, SDOHEpi said:

So sorry to hear this! :( I also received an e-mail from them this morning and was placed on the waitlist. I'm not sure how many they accept, and they didn't even mention how many people were on the waitlist or my position on it (I was honestly a little too scared to ask - does anyone else have experience with this?)

9 minutes ago, T7879 said:

Congrats on the wait list!  Yeah I'm disappointed but I've gotten into other schools so I'll be okay. I was just really impressed with Emory!  I remember them saying 8-12 would be accepted so I don't know how many they would put on the waitlist. Surprised they didn't tell you your position on it

I'm also on the waitlist - if I understand correctly, we aren't given positions.

On 2/13/2017 at 10:14 PM, APK1942 said:

curious if anyone that interviewed at Harvard (PHS - Epi) or Hopkins (Epi) has heard back post interview?

After interview, I think Hopkins sent notifications this week (I got mine Monday - ID Track). 

I haven't heard back from Hopkins (PHS - Epi) afer interview in late Jan ... also curious if others have heard back from Harvard PHS or have heard anything about when we should expect to know?

20 hours ago, joshre01 said:

Anyone claim the South Carolina acceptance (from results page)? Just curious when you applied and if you had an interview first?! Thanks.

That was me. For some reason I couldn't post, but I applied on Jan 12th and I didn't interview. I'm not sure of SC does interviews, but I'm also a student in the department. When did you apply? Wishing you the best of luck!

3 hours ago, AryaStark said:

After interview, I think Hopkins sent notifications this week (I got mine Monday - ID Track). 

I haven't heard back from Hopkins (PHS - Epi) afer interview in late Jan ... also curious if others have heard back from Harvard PHS or have heard anything about when we should expect to know?

thanks, and congrats! from the results page, it looks like hopkins may be sending out the notifications in waves, as some people even heard back last week. here's hoping to some news :lol:

harvard PHS epi, when i spoke with them, i didn't get a specific timeline but in the past they've had all of their people accepted by around 16-20 Feb. 

Edited by APK1942

2 hours ago, Hopeful17 said:

That was me. For some reason I couldn't post, but I applied on Jan 12th and I didn't interview. I'm not sure of SC does interviews, but I'm also a student in the department. When did you apply? Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks Hopeful17! I applied on Jan 15. They told me yesterday that my app is being reviewed on Feb 24 and that I would hear from them shortly after that (without an interview). If you don't mind, what is your focus within epi? 

So I've emailed CUNY, NYU, UCLA, Hopkins, Harvard and Pitt and they've all either said that admissions decisions will be made by late February to early March or to wait for an email notification. Guess that means no freaking out until mid March...

30 minutes ago, SocialPubHealth said:

So I've emailed CUNY, NYU, UCLA, Hopkins, Harvard and Pitt and they've all either said that admissions decisions will be made by late February to early March or to wait for an email notification. Guess that means no freaking out until mid March...

I just got rejected from NYU! 

A little surprised, but not surprised given I never got an interview invite from them, surprised because I'm a student in the MPH program at NYU and my LOR included the doctoral mentor I proposed to work with in their program... oh well!

2 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

I just got rejected from NYU! 

A little surprised, but not surprised given I never got an interview invite from them, surprised because I'm a student in the MPH program at NYU and my LOR included the doctoral mentor I proposed to work with in their program... oh well!

Also just got rejected!

47 minutes ago, joshre01 said:

Thanks Hopeful17! I applied on Jan 15. They told me yesterday that my app is being reviewed on Feb 24 and that I would hear from them shortly after that (without an interview). If you don't mind, what is your focus within epi? 

No problem! Yeah, you should find out soon then. I believe the committee is meeting weekly. No, I don't mind at all. I'm interested in psychosocial stressors in racial disparities in CVD and cognitive function. What about you?

5 minutes ago, Hopeful17 said:

No problem! Yeah, you should find out soon then. I believe the committee is meeting weekly. No, I don't mind at all. I'm interested in psychosocial stressors in racial disparities in CVD and cognitive function. What about you?

Very similar  - social epidemiology related to chronic diseases and nutrition! Can I pm you re: some questions on USC? Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, joshre01 said:

Any word from UNC Epi lately?

1 hour ago, modifer said:

Not yet, and I applied 12/14. 

I interviewed with a professor with similar interests (although not one I mentioned in my statement) via phone 2/3 on just heard back 2/13. I was assigned the prof that interviewed me as my 'academic adviser' in the acceptance email. I submitted my app 12/1/16. I think they are somewhat on rolling admissions, from what I understand. 

1 hour ago, AryaStark said:

I interviewed with a professor with similar interests (although not one I mentioned in my statement) via phone 2/3 on just heard back 2/13. I was assigned the prof that interviewed me as my 'academic adviser' in the acceptance email. I submitted my app 12/1/16. I think they are somewhat on rolling admissions, from what I understand. 

Thanks! I applied 12/13 and haven't heard anything yet. Starting to get worried now! 

2 hours ago, KAR30 said:

Did anyone with interests in childhood obesity get an interview at Harvard PHS (SBS or Nutrition)? 

I have interest in childhood obesity and I applied to Harvard PHS SBS, but I didn't get an interview. I am assuming I got rejected :( 

What other schools did you apply to? 

2 hours ago, AryaStark said:

Do you mind sharing what concentration you are? ie cancer, infectious disease, etc ?