PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

3 hours ago, thetemp said:

Yeah my sense is that each track operates separately. Which track did you apply to?

I think aj_h got interview call from Harvard HPM management track ... 

I did interview for the management track, and I know one other person was there for ESS at the same time as me. I'm not sure how any other tracks work, but for management they told me they would try to release decisions by mid to late February.

I got an email Friday evening informing me I was waitlisted at Hopkins for HSR & Policy. They said they could only offer admission to 3 students. I have not yet heard from UC Berkeley. I try to post all of my information in the survey, hopefully it's helpful!

On 2/2/2017 at 9:01 PM, DrPH2017 said:

I was told it was they won't be doing any formal interviews for admission. Please report back how the day goes. 

Hey DrPH2017, did you apply to the CHP-DrPH program or the Epi? The day was good, and was told by the Epi director that decisions will be made really soon. But I met another student who talked to the CHP-DrPH director, who told her that their decisions won't be made until March. (also. I'm a current Drexel MPH student so if you have any questions, let me know!)

1 hour ago, Ravenclaw said:

Anyone have updates on Harvard PHS- Social and Behavioral Sciences? I know some folks did interviews, but I haven't seen updates for a couple of weeks. I didn't get an interview, so I'm guessing I'm not in- but can't lose all hope just yet!

I would also love some intel if anyone has it. I did't hear back either, but who knows! I know their cohort will only be 2-3 people, so it's hard to take it personally in such a big sea of qualified applicants

Edited by larky

13 hours ago, aj_h said:

I did interview for the management track, and I know one other person was there for ESS at the same time as me. I'm not sure how any other tracks work, but for management they told me they would try to release decisions by mid to late February.

I got an email Friday evening informing me I was waitlisted at Hopkins for HSR & Policy. They said they could only offer admission to 3 students. I have not yet heard from UC Berkeley. I try to post all of my information in the survey, hopefully it's helpful!

Thank You for all that info... 

On 1/30/2017 at 8:07 AM, xyzpsych said:

Same question as marcphoenix,

mind sharing how the interview went? I recently emailed their admission staff, who told me they will probably send out decisions mid- to late February without any mentioning of interviews.

Thanks.

They said we should be hearing back this upcoming week (the interviewees)

I'm starting to get worried as I haven't gotten any interviews. 

Applied: University of Washington, Tulane, Hopkins, Columbia and UNC. I applied for infectious disease at all of them 

I was rejected from UW. The waiting for the rest is driving me nuts!

Edited by Tigrelis

On 2/6/2017 at 9:50 AM, Tigrelis said:

I'm starting to get worried as I haven't gotten any interviews. 

Applied: University of Washington, Tulane, Hopkins, Columbia and UNC. I applied for infectious disease at all of them 

I was rejected from UW. The waiting for the rest is driving me nuts!

I'm starting to go crazy as well. Rejected from Washington as well for epi (cancer focus) and have not heard from any others. This waiting is really tough! 

2 hours ago, epi_08 said:

I'm starting to go crazy as well. Rejected from UWash as well for epi (cancer focus) and have not heard from any others. This waiting is really tough! 

It starts to feel a little cruel when your application is under review for 2+ months. But I guess that's the nature of the game. 

3 minutes ago, light10491 said:

It's also really concerning that the number of spots available this year may be much less given budget cuts to AHRQ which funds many of these programs.

:blink: im all in knots

On 2/5/2017 at 0:41 PM, joshre01 said:

Hey DrPH2017, did you apply to the CHP-DrPH program or the Epi? The day was good, and was told by the Epi director that decisions will be made really soon. But I met another student who talked to the CHP-DrPH director, who told her that their decisions won't be made until March. (also. I'm a current Drexel MPH student so if you have any questions, let me know!)

I applied to CHP-DrPH. Thanks, I may have a few questions for you. 

19 hours ago, neuroticnancy said:

I got an interview from PHS social and Behavioral Sciences - but have not heard anything. I also got waitlisted for Hopkins Friday. 

Which track did you interview for? Planned Social Change or Social Determinants? I haven't heard anything from them either. Thank you!

3 hours ago, chaosveg said:

Hey guys, anyone heard anything from Yale Chronic Disease Epi? I saw some people were invited to the department day, anyone got skype or phone interview? Thx!

Interviews are going to be conducted during the visit day at the end of February 

3 hours ago, chaosveg said:

Hey guys, anyone heard anything from Yale Chronic Disease Epi? I saw some people were invited to the department day, anyone got skype or phone interview? Thx!

I also wasn't invited to the interview so I assumed I didn't make it to the shortlist!

Undergrad School:  KSU, Nigeria
Major/Minor:  Theater Arts       

Undergrad GPA: 3.6

Grad School:  Northern Iowa
Experience/Research: 3 term papers, one ethnography experience, thesis, 8 years of work experience in professional environments

Grad GPA: 3.4

Applied:  Cornell, Oklahoma 
Accepted: 0
Rejected: both 
Waitlisted: none 

I should have applied to other programs. Any idea on schools still accepting applications?

Does anyone know if JHU is sending out decisions in waves? I noticed they sent out waitlists last Friday, so I assume they sent out some acceptances too then.

But most likely they're probably taking their time to put together the big rejection email list.

31 minutes ago, joshre01 said:

Does anyone want to claim the UPittsburgh acceptance on Jan 30 posted on the results page? I'm curious as to when you applied.. I applied on 1/15 only, but hope I hear back soon. So anxious!

They took about a month to reject me, not counting winter break, so I'd give it a couple weeks.

I wish it was March, and we all had our results already...