PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

34 minutes ago, Ravenclaw said:

Is anyone else going a little bit crazy? I haven't heard back from any of the schools I applied to and I'm steadily losing my mind. Please tell me I'm not alone.

Yep, keep refreshing email/checking portals, nothing from any schools I've applied to either! Good luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, larky said:

Thanks! I had a phone interview and they accepted by email immediately after.

Congrats, I got rejected from UMich today, but got a tentative yes from MSU, but I would need to seek out funding.Ā 

2 hours ago, joshre01 said:

Is anyone going to the Drexel doctoral student day tomorrow? I'm going but I believe anyone who applied was invited to this!

I was told it was they won't be doing any formal interviews for admission. Please report back how the day goes.Ā 

15 hours ago, joshre01 said:

Yep, keep refreshing email/checking portals, nothing from any schools I've applied to either! Good luck to everyone!

i'm in the same boat... this really hurts!!Ā 

On 2/2/2017 at 2:16 PM, kl_sn said:

Did anyone hear back on HPM from Harvard, UMD, UNC or Hopkins?Ā 

I heard from Hopkins last Thursday to schedule a phone interview. Did it this Wednesday, waiting to hear from them in 2-3 weeks...they said theyĀ got more than 200+ applications...so I am not expecting much...

2 minutes ago, light10491 said:

I thought it was 120 applications for Health Policy & Management. And that they were to interview 25 folks who made the shortlist, but that would have been completed 2-3 weeks ago. Interesting ...

And when I spoke to them I was told it was around 100 applications and they were interviewing the 20 folks on the shortlist. Hm.Ā 

42 minutes ago, chaosveg said:

I heard from Hopkins last Thursday to schedule a phone interview. Did it this Wednesday, waiting to hear from them in 2-3 weeks...they said theyĀ got more than 200+ applications...so I am not expecting much...

also interviewed at Hopkins Ā recently. was the 200+ figure for the epi department alone? any mention or idea of how many were interviewed? My interviewer made a mention of the epi department being restricted to under 20 admission spots.Ā 

Also just received an acceptance at Minnesota (Health Services Research, Policy, and Administration). This turned out to be an eventful Friday for me. Hope others received good news today as well!

12 minutes ago, neuroticnancy said:

Anyone hear anything from HPM from Harvard, Hopkins, or Berkeley?Ā 

I contacted HPM admissions at Hopkins and they said they would release decisions by the end of next week. I applied to Harvard and Berkeley as well but haven't heard anything yet!

15 minutes ago, neuroticnancy said:

Haven't heard from Hopkins since my interview 1/11. Haven't heard from Harvard either... I applied to the ESS track in the Health Policy program there.

On 2/2/2017 at 0:26 AM, Equipoise17 said:

Congratulations! What other programs did you apply to? What are your interests?

Thanks! I only applied to Columbia because I need to stay in NY. I applied to the Epidemiology track. I'm interested in HIV/AIDS among Caribbean immigrants and intersections of infectious and chronic diseases in Caribbean populations

5 hours ago, fpf1290 said:

I contacted HPM admissions at Hopkins and they said they would release decisions by the end of next week. I applied to Harvard and Berkeley as well but haven't heard anything yet!

Will there be any interviews? Or all interview invitations has been sent out?

On 2/3/2017 at 5:19 PM, light10491 said:

I thought it was 120 applications for Hopkins PhD in Health Policy & Management. And that they were to interview 25 folks who made the shortlist, but those calls would have been completed 2-3 weeks ago. Interesting ...

Ā 

Typically HopkinsĀ gets back the first couple days of February. This makes me think overall PhD applications went up this year, maybe across the board.

Ā 

On 2/3/2017 at 5:20 PM, thetemp said:

And when I spoke to them I was told it was around 100 applications and they were interviewing the 20 folks on the shortlist. Hm.Ā 

Ā 

On 2/3/2017 at 5:22 PM, light10491 said:

Was that for Health Policy & Management ... or something else?

Ā 

On 2/3/2017 at 5:45 PM, APK1942 said:

also interviewed at Hopkins Ā recently. was the 200+ figure for the epi department alone? any mention or idea of how many were interviewed? My interviewer made a mention of the epi department being restricted to under 20 admission spots.Ā 

Sorry. wasn't beingĀ clear. The same as APK1942 said----Ā It was 200+ applicationsĀ for the Department of Epidemiology alone, about 50-60 interviewed, across all tracks, will cutĀ down to 20 more or less...

On 2/4/2017 at 3:39 AM, neuroticnancy said:

I'm trying my luck in Harvard & Hopkins.. But no word yet from either... From other folks here it looks like Hopkins has already interviewed the shortlisted candidates.. So I'm thinking may be I didn't make the cut.. :-(

On 2/3/2017 at 10:33 PM, chaosveg said:

for HPM? nice! I mean at least you got the interview call.. That's positive!Ā 

3 hours ago, chaosveg said:

Sorry. wasn't beingĀ clear. The same as APK1942 said----Ā It was 200+ applicationsĀ for the Department of Epidemiology alone, about 50-60 interviewed, across all tracks, will cutĀ down to 20 more or less...

Ā 

thanks, so 50-60 interviewed, yeah not getting my hopes up too much thenĀ :lol:

Edited by APK1942

I have heard from Harvard HPM about interviewing. I think all of the tracks are doing it separately,Ā Ā but my impression is thatĀ mostĀ orĀ all areĀ moving. Seems like they interview a very small number, but that may vary by track.Ā Pretty sure management, ESS and political analysis are all moving. Not sure about decision science and econ.Ā 

6 hours ago, TIGP4 said:

I have heard from Harvard HPM about interviewing. I think all of the tracks are doing it separately,Ā Ā but my impression is thatĀ mostĀ orĀ all areĀ moving. Seems like they interview a very small number, but that may vary by track.Ā Pretty sure management, ESS and political analysis are all moving. Not sure about decision science and econ.Ā 

Yeah my sense is that each track operates separately. Which track did you apply to?