PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

12 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

I emailed the admin at BU earlier in the week and he said interview invites will go out this week. I haven't heard anything other than that though. 

Thanks! I saw that 2 people received interview invites last week. Since it is close to the end of the week, my hopes are dwindling, but we will see...

19 minutes ago, modifer said:

I received an acceptance early last week, but my situation might be different since I graduated from there. I recommend checking the website though because the decision was posted on there prior to receiving the acceptance email. I applied a week or so before the 12/1 deadline, and I think they started looking at my application the 2nd week of Jan. Good luck! 

On a related note, has anybody heard anything from the UCLA, BU, UNC Epi PhD programs? I am not sure if they conduct interviews. 

Congrats on your acceptance! I only applied in Jan so I assume I won't hear from them until March!? But I will continue checking the website, thanks! I also haven't heard from UNC Epi (applied 12/15). 

27 minutes ago, joshre01 said:

Congrats on your acceptance! I only applied in Jan so I assume I won't hear from them until March!? But I will continue checking the website, thanks! I also haven't heard from UNC Epi (applied 12/15). 

I was accepted to UNC epi about two weeks ago but they mentioned mine was an early admit. I think it's rolling. I was at Emory epi interviews last week and not everyone there had heard back from UNC yet. I applied November 11

10 minutes ago, gshel057 said:

Has anyone heard anything about interviews for the PhD in Sociomedical Sciences at Columbia? Or Health Policy at Harvard? Thanks!

It sounds like interviews have already occurred at Harvard.

17 minutes ago, gshel057 said:

Has anyone heard anything about interviews for the PhD in Sociomedical Sciences at Columbia? Or Health Policy at Harvard? Thanks!

I am also waiting to hear form the PhD in Sociomedical Sciences at Columbia, nothing so far. 

4 hours ago, T7879 said:

I was accepted to UNC epi about two weeks ago but they mentioned mine was an early admit. I think it's rolling. I was at Emory epi interviews last week and not everyone there had heard back from UNC yet. I applied November 11

Do you know what early admit means? Does that mean you get considered for priority funding or is it just because you applied early? Thanks!

Edited by EpiPhDGal
grammar

15 minutes ago, EpiPhDGal said:

Do you know what early admit means? Does that mean you get considered for priority funding or is it just because you applied early? Thanks!

The advisor assigned to me indicated that to me - I don't think it was because I applied early, just that I was accepted earlier than they usually admit?  I'm sure that everyone who applied before the priority deadline is considered for funding!  

11 hours ago, T7879 said:

The advisor assigned to me indicated that to me - I don't think it was because I applied early, just that I was accepted earlier than they usually admit?  I'm sure that everyone who applied before the priority deadline is considered for funding!  

Yeah, I just learned that they do rolling admissions. If I had known I would have tried to apply a littler earlier. Anyway, thanks!

My theory for Harvard HPM is that only interviews for Management track have been requested; that is the only track funded through the business school (which does a separate process that began weeks ago).....the other tracks will soon be announced

at least this is what I am hoping for... :)

Has anyone heard anything?  I'm specifically hoping to hear back from Hopkins IH or Harvard (HPM or PHS)... to be honest I've lost optimism after not hearing back about interviews or anything earlier on. 

5 minutes ago, cga said:

Harvard admin offices were shut down yesterday, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are delays in hearing back... 

I'm seeing loads of Harvard on the results page though - for biostats, art history, astronomy...