PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

8 minutes ago, T7879 said:

I also applied to PHS at Harvard (haven't heard anything), Hopkins for International Health (haven't heard anything), and Emory (epidemiology, invited for interviews this week).  What track of PHS did you apply to?

Social & Behavioral Sciences, you? 

20 minutes ago, SocialPubHealth said:

Social & Behavioral Sciences, you? 

I know you weren't asking me, but I also applied to SBS at Harvard and haven't heard anything. I know some folks got interviews, but I'm not sure what that means for those of us who didn't.

1 hour ago, SocialPubHealth said:

Hi all, curious to know how many folks out there applied to the same programs as I did? 

Harvard - Population Health Sciences

UCLA - Community Health Sciences

Pittsburgh, Hopkins, Emory, Columbia, CUNY, NYU - Similar depts. 

Columbia and NYU - interviewing at NYU next week, waiting to hear from Columbia

1 hour ago, SocialPubHealth said:

Hi all, curious to know how many folks out there applied to the same programs as I did? 

I applied to Harvard PHS Nutrition track. Had two interviews last week, but haven't heard anything since. They did confirm for me that they created a shortlist for interviews, but Nutrition might operate entirely differently from SBS and GH so don't let that crush your hopes. 

3 hours ago, SocialPubHealth said:

I also appled for social and behavioral sciences!

Harvard, Columbia, Emory, UNC, Michigan, Maryland, Tulane, Hopkins.

I've been accepted to Michigan and Maryland.

Will I see you at Emory this week?

Edited by larky

3 hours ago, SocialPubHealth said:

I also applied to Hopkins, Columbia, and NYU, all for Epi

Got rejected from Hopkins last week, still waiting to hear back from Columbia and NYU. Did anyone else get that e-mail about financial aid for Columbia??

22 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

Got rejected from Hopkins last week, still waiting to hear back from Columbia and NYU. Did anyone else get that e-mail about financial aid for Columbia??

I'm Sociomed at Columbia, but I got that email about financial aid too. I wish I knew what it meant, if it went to everyone who applied or not.

2 minutes ago, policy2017 said:

I'm Sociomed at Columbia, but I got that email about financial aid too. I wish I knew what it meant, if it went to everyone who applied or not.

Exactly!!!! It is driving me nuts :P

5 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

Exactly!!!! It is driving me nuts :P

What did the email about financial aid say exactly? I applied for the PhD in Epi at Columbia and I haven't received any email. I did express interest in financial aid as a part of the SOPHAS application and wrote the 250 word scholarship addendum. 

8 minutes ago, epi_08 said:

What did the email about financial aid say exactly? I applied for the PhD in Epi at Columbia and I haven't received any email. I did express interest in financial aid as a part of the SOPHAS application and wrote the 250 word scholarship addendum. 

Hmmm, I can't remember if I completed that addendum....but the financial aid e-mail basically asked me to complete this survey with a series of questions that said it would help them with financial aid 'upon your admittance...' but other than that Columbia has been radio silent..

3 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

Hmmm, I can't remember if I completed that addendum....but the financial aid e-mail basically asked me to complete this survey with a series of questions that said it would help them with financial aid 'upon your admittance...' but other than that Columbia has been radio silent..

Oh man, I didn't get that :( Hoping that doesn't mean my chances of getting in are low...

5 hours ago, SocialPubHealth said:

Which dept at Hopkins did you apply to?

On 2017/1/31 at 3:33 AM, Andrew_Y said:

Just called UC Berkeley Health Policy PhD program, and was told that the results would come out in next two weeks. There is no interview this year - strange.

Any other details or information? I applied to UCB health policy phd program, too. Thanks!

12 hours ago, larky said:

I also appled for social and behavioral sciences!

Harvard, Columbia, Emory, UNC, Michigan, Maryland, Tulane, Hopkins.

I've been accepted to Michigan and Maryland.

Will I see you at Emory this week?

Just got rejected from Emory!

12 hours ago, EpiNYC said:

Yes! I got that email too.

From Harvard GSAS:

Applications are presently under review.  You will be notified by email when a decision has been made on your application. Decisions will be available to view by logging into your application using your login and password.  All decisions will be made by early March.

Not all departments in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences offer interviews.  If your department offers guidance about interviews it will be included on the Programs of Study page for that program:

https://gsas.harvard.edu/programs-study/degree-programs

12 hours ago, lws007168 said:

Any other details or information? I applied to UCB health policy phd program, too. Thanks!

I was told there are ~100 applicants this year, all tracks in total. They will admit about 6 people, 3 of them will be in the economic track.

Which track do you apply to?

17 hours ago, epi_08 said:

I received this e-mail too. I wouldn't read too much into it. They say decisions should be sent in late February. So, only a few more weeks of waiting? 

Edited by marcphoenix

49 minutes ago, Andrew_Y said:

I was told there are ~100 applicants this year, all tracks in total. They will admit about 6 people, 3 of them will be in the economic track.

Which track do you apply to?

Organizations and management. So they said there's no interview this year? Did they talk about any reasons? Thanks.

2 hours ago, lws007168 said:

Organizations and management. So they said there's no interview this year? Did they talk about any reasons? Thanks.

No. I read their handbook for prospective students, which says interviews will be held from January to March. I told this to the program advisor, but he just confirmed that THERE IS NO INTERVIEW THIS YEAR - without any further explanation. Did you apply to any other health policy programs?