Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering - Fall 2017 PhD Application Profiles

Neuronophil

14 hours ago, Raulucollege said:

Also I emailed a UMich professor who asked me to Skype about potential research in her lab so I could find out more about my application. She was like "you seem like a fit at Michigan but the admissions department has the final say for the overwhelming number of applications. I wish you the best with your academic endeavors."

That's basically a rejection, right??? Sorry I'm freaking out haha 

Be thankful she was nice enough to respond to emails post interview! She set you down easy, but anything along the lines of "best of luck" is a kiss of death. On the bright side, if you made it to the interview stage at UM, you have a good shot at other programs depending on where you applied. 

Edited by koab79

4 hours ago, koab79 said:

Be thankful she was nice enough to respond to emails post interview! She set you down easy, but anything along the lines of "best of luck" is a kiss of death. On the bright side, if you made it to the interview stage at UM, you have a good shot at other programs depending on where you applied. 

Yeah the best of luck thing doesn't sound too great lol. Thanks though; that makes me feel a little better :)))

Did anyone get Upenn Biomedical Engineering admit or interview? Do they have staggered admissions?

Edited by N.M.

On 1/24/2017 at 10:10 AM, meggied said:

Has anyone heard from UT Austin's BME program?

Got the acceptance email hours earlier. Beyond excited :)))))

ps. No interview. Since I am international applicant, the committee made a short call to me, while even not like an informal interview *>*

40 minutes ago, Leilajan8 said:

ps. No interview. Since I am international applicant, the committee made a short call to me, while even not like an informal interview *>*

Congrats!

Still waiting for mine here, might not come... I thought I had a decent shot at this one since PI (who wrote a rec letter) discussed funding details (he said he can have me on his own lab funding). It shoud carry some weight but the committee decides. Oh well..

Hi, sorry for jumping in from nowhere. Anyone here who has applied to Stanford for MS/PhD program been requested to submit official documents on their ApplyWeb accounts? I had already sent seal transcripts and now they want me to send it again for Credential Evaluation with an additional fee of $150.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Thanks

Avinash

Untitled.png

13 minutes ago, avin1103 said:

Hi, sorry for jumping in from nowhere. Anyone here who has applied to Stanford for MS/PhD program been requested to submit official documents on their ApplyWeb accounts? I had already sent seal transcripts and now they want me to send it again for Credential Evaluation with an additional fee of $150.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Thanks

Avinash

Untitled.png

No, I don't think you need to send your official documents unless a professor e-mail-ed you specifically requesting you to do so.

The 'Official Documents Requests' appeared on my ApplyWeb account AFTER I was rejected by Stanford. If you already sent in your official transcripts, I highly doubt you would need to do so again.

3 hours ago, clay_de_ron said:

No, I don't think you need to send your official documents unless a professor e-mail-ed you specifically requesting you to do so.

The 'Official Documents Requests' appeared on my ApplyWeb account AFTER I was rejected by Stanford. If you already sent in your official transcripts, I highly doubt you would need to do so again.

Thanks :) But will they consider me for the MS program without it? I have written them an email about it though.

6 hours ago, avin1103 said:

Thanks :) But will they consider me for the MS program without it? I have written them an email about it though.

Keep us updated about the Stanford MS program!

Also, does anyone know if Duke and Columbia are still sending out interview invites, or if I haven't received anything from them it means I am rejected at this point?

2 hours ago, jnfls0203 said:

Also, does anyone know if Duke and Columbia are still sending out interview invites, or if I haven't received anything from them it means I am rejected at this point?

Duke has admits directly to the lab so I think interview invites will vary?

17 hours ago, jnfls0203 said:

I think they may have another bulk round of invites going out. There were 30 or so at the first interview session and I was told typically they have about 30 more come to the second interview day in late February. 

On 1/27/2017 at 9:48 PM, Leilajan8 said:

That's so awesome! Congrats. Really hoping I hear back in the next few days. 

3 hours ago, meggied said:

That's so awesome! Congrats. Really hoping I hear back in the next few days. 

Congrats on the CMU admit. I currently work in their MSE department, even if its not your top school give it a shot there are some amazing faculty here.

43 minutes ago, CleverDisplayName said:

Congrats on the CMU admit. I currently work in their MSE department, even if its not your top school give it a shot there are some amazing faculty here.

Yeah I'm really excited about getting in. It's such a good school. Really wasn't expecting to get in. Are you currently a graduate student or undergraduate researcher?

On 1/29/2017 at 3:19 PM, jnfls0203 said:

i called columbia today and they said they're still in the process of sending out invites--it depends on which faculty are reviewing your app. also, they apparently haven't decided on an interview weekend date yet.

3 hours ago, ca16 said:

i called columbia today and they said they're still in the process of sending out invites--it depends on which faculty are reviewing your app. also, they apparently haven't decided on an interview weekend date yet.

I am going to the Columbia interview on 2/17 but I'm not sure if they're having another interview weekend.

On 1/30/2017 at 1:50 PM, CleverDisplayName said:

Has anyone heard back from the University of Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh emailed me about 1-2 weeks ago about their interview weekend. I told them I couldn't go. I hope they contact you soon! Good luck!

For those of you with Columbia invites, did they email you that they were reviewing your application before they sent you anything? I got a random email the other day from them saying mine is currently marked for review. Is that just to let me know they haven't forgotten me? Lol

1 hour ago, rubiacaefan said:

For those of you with Columbia invites, did they email you that they were reviewing your application before they sent you anything? I got a random email the other day from them saying mine is currently marked for review. Is that just to let me know they haven't forgotten me? Lol

I got that email the day after I submitted it, but maybe they're trying to let you know they didn't forget you haha.

1 hour ago, rubiacaefan said:

It has happened in the past. A friend of mine was "forgotten" by them until well after she got all her other acceptances back. Good thing they noticed much earlier on this time around.