Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering - Fall 2017 PhD Application Profiles

Neuronophil

12 hours ago, LanMor said:

Has anyone heard from Boston University? I saw that one person has received an admit. Have they already sent out all the admits?

I'm waiting on BU as well

10 hours ago, Leilajan8 said:

Well I didnot apply to BU but my friend (international) applied, and she got an acceptant email without funding details two days ago - without any interviews!! She was told that official offer would be there days after.

While I don't really think you should be too worried. I would believe the process for individual applicants are staggered. BTW, anyone applied to UT Austin? Didnot see...

I hope the process IS staggered :)
*fingers crossed*

59 minutes ago, Raulucollege said:

If I haven't received an interview request from UMich at this point, is it safe to assume that I've been rejected? Seems unlikely for me since you generally need the interview to be considered for admission.

I don't think so. I work at UMich and I was told that they divide the applications by subdisciplines and then each subdiscipline is responsible for their own interview calls. So maybe the committee responsible for your subdiscipline hasn't sent out the invites yet....

Hey guys does anybody also know about admission process at Georgia tech and UCSD?

I saw people got direct admits in both. I haven't heard anything yet. Should I assume rejection? :( 

Edited by N.M.

I got an invite to the recruitment weekend at UCSD today. From the way I understood it, you have a pretty good chance of getting admitted after that so it's not really an interview. But they said to contact professors we are interested in working with.

25 minutes ago, PB&Banana said:

I got an invite to the recruitment weekend at UCSD today. From the way I understood it, you have a pretty good chance of getting admitted after that so it's not really an interview. But they said to contact professors we are interested in working with.

congrats!! :) I am still waiting for the decision. I don't understand how they are sending out the decisions.

13 hours ago, meggied said:

Has anyone heard from UT Austin's BME program?

I got my acceptance email over the weekend, so I think they are starting to come out. 

1 hour ago, hopefulandconfused said:

Did anyone received anything from Vanderbilt's BME program?

I was invited to interview at Vanderbilt about a week or two ago. 

27 minutes ago, K.B. said:

I got my acceptance email over the weekend, so I think they are starting to come out. 

I was invited to interview at Vanderbilt about a week or two ago. 

Congrats! That's awesome!

1 hour ago, koab79 said:

hmmmm, nothing changed in the portal, that does not give me the warm and fuzzies.

I was expecting this to be the lowest bar to entry, I stand corrected. 

I also got an email that an admission decision was available, which I assume they would do if they were accepting or rejecting.  Did you apply through the UNC website or NCSU?  

23 minutes ago, dbm3252 said:

Did you get an email or a letter on the online portal?  

I received an email from the graduate assistant. I was surprised to hear back so soon considering I submitted the application on the last day. But I met a bunch of the professors and students at a conference and my PI went to grad school with one of the professors I am interested in working with so I feel like that may have had something to do with it. I am unsure if they have sent out all their acceptances.

Also I emailed a UMich professor who asked me to Skype about potential research in her lab so I could find out more about my application. She was like "you seem like a fit at Michigan but the admissions department has the final say for the overwhelming number of applications. I wish you the best with your academic endeavors."

That's basically a rejection, right??? Sorry I'm freaking out haha