Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

18 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

It's a preliminary interview via Skype. From my understanding (via my friend at Ryerson), the POIs usually contact folks for a preliminary interview before the invitations to the interview day go out.

Also, thanks! This is my fourth time applying, and I can't believe the amount of success that I've had!

Thanks! That's what my POI told me, but this process is making me the most paranoid person haha 

And wow, it must feel awesome that your hard work is finally paying off :) 

1 hour ago, HPPHD said:

I applied to Queens, Western, and York. Does anybody have any updates on what's happening there or know the process? 

Western last year completed their interviews and had made admission decisions by around the end of January.  They don't send out rejections until their spaces are filled, which last year was early-mid March.

Queens last year people heard regarding interviews by mid-end of January, and people who didn't get interviews had their status updated to a rejection by mid-February.

York I believe held their interviews last year in late January; however, they didn't send out rejection letters until the end of March/early April.

Unfortunately that's all I know, but hopefully it helps a bit!

1 hour ago, HPPHD said:

I applied to Queens, Western, and York. Does anybody have any updates on what's happening there or know the process? 

I believe Western's interview day is in early February, maybe the 5th or 6th? I think they're notifying the interviewees 1.5-2 weeks before that. 

1 hour ago, BeezKnees said:

Western last year completed their interviews and had made admission decisions by around the end of January.  They don't send out rejections until their spaces are filled, which last year was early-mid March.

Queens last year people heard regarding interviews by mid-end of January, and people who didn't get interviews had their status updated to a rejection by mid-February.

York I believe held their interviews last year in late January; however, they didn't send out rejection letters until the end of March/early April.

Unfortunately that's all I know, but hopefully it helps a bit!

Thank you so much! That's terrifying that it's so soon though..I haven't heard anything..from any of them..

1 hour ago, The Waiting Game said:

To the two people who have been/will be interviewed at Dalhousie, would you mind messaging me your POI? Also, does anyone know where Dal is in the selection process? Thanks!

The professors proposing students met yesterday and forwarded their picks to Graduate Studies committee for the final round so you should know in the next few weeks, if you applied there and were successful. Professors do interviews on an individual basis as it's not required for admissions. 

Edited by HPPHD

20 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

Don't give up hope for Ryerson! The initial contact is largely dependent on POI. I think there still may be POIs who have yet to contact applicants. 

Thanks! Trying not to get too down about it but I just have a bad gut feeling! ugh nerves. 

11 hours ago, HPPHD said:

I have applied to York as well and have not heard anything from them. 

7 hours ago, BeezKnees said:

Can whoever just posted the queens interview PM me their POI? It's my top choice school and this wait is killing me!

Me too please!!

York is usually later than most to hear back from, and since the app deadline was Dec 15 that is continued to be expected. They do an Open House for prospective students invited by their POIs around early to mid-February where you hear about the program, and meet more of the faculty members and current graduate students, Last year the event was around February 12th I believe.

Has anyone heard from Calgary or know anyone who has? Their website says that students invited to the open house would be contacted in early January. In the past they seem to have sent the invites later than that, though. I haven't given up hope yet, but it would be great if anyone has any information! 

1 hour ago, hsnl said:

Has anyone heard from Calgary or know anyone who has? Their website says that students invited to the open house would be contacted in early January. In the past they seem to have sent the invites later than that, though. I haven't given up hope yet, but it would be great if anyone has any information! 

The profs only recently were given the applications to review. Most (if not all) haven't sent out interview invites yet!

Does anyone have the scoop on Ottawa U? My status says "Under Evaluation", but has anyone heard or do they know when the open house/interviews are?

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, FacelessMage said:

It's a preliminary interview via Skype. From my understanding (via my friend at Ryerson), the POIs usually contact folks for a preliminary interview before the invitations to the interview day go out.

Also, thanks! This is my fourth time applying, and I can't believe the amount of success that I've had!

Congratulations!! I loved Ryerson so much that I reapplied for grad school. Would you mind sharing your POI with me?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, HPPHD said:

Does anyone have the scoop on Ottawa U? My status says "Under Evaluation", but has anyone heard or do they know when the open house/interviews are?

Same for me. They were still finalizing their collection of documents and organizing them I believe, as I have received an email today about my intent letter.

Could the person who has heard back from Ryerson send me their POI as well. Thank you. 

Edited by PhDPLZ
Clicked submit before I was finished