Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

On 1/9/2017 at 3:56 PM, PsychGrad17 said:

Hey! ? I'm an international applicant. I applied to 1 Canadian school - Western . The rest are in the states. I really love Western's MSc. Clinical Psychology program, I'm looking forward to hearing from them. Anyone else applied there? 

On 1/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, HPPHD said:

I applied to Western as well! Who is your POI? Feel free to PM me!

I also applied to Western! This is my second time applying there (this time to a different supervisor), and I interviewed a few years ago but was not accepted.

Western is definitely a great and reputable school, and their program is fantastic for setting you up for a career in research and clinical practice. Fingers crossed for everyone! :)

Hi Everyone :) 

I'm an international applicant applying to a few schools in Toronto. Does anyone know anything about the interview days at UTSC; I've no idea what the format might be like over the Canada. If anyone has any insight and was happy to share, I'd really appreciate it!

Best of luck to everyone - it's a stressful, but exciting, time!

2 hours ago, PsychLass said:

Hi Everyone :) 

I'm an international applicant applying to a few schools in Toronto. Does anyone know anything about the interview days at UTSC; I've no idea what the format might be like over the Canada. If anyone has any insight and was happy to share, I'd really appreciate it!

Best of luck to everyone - it's a stressful, but exciting, time!

interview days @ UTSC are Jan22-24th according to the website :)http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/psych/admissions

42 minutes ago, Gossamer said:

Has anybody heard from UTSC, McGill or Windsor?  

I had a short phone interview last Friday for UTSC. I was told that faculty was meeting early this week to discuss their short-lists and would send out all interview invitations by the end of the week. 

34 minutes ago, clinpsyhopeful said:

I had a short phone interview last Friday for UTSC. I was told that faculty was meeting early this week to discuss their short-lists and would send out all interview invitations by the end of the week. 

Can you please advise in a private message about who your POI is? Thanks!

47 minutes ago, clinpsyhopeful said:

Would you let me know who your POI is as well? Thank you!

On 1/6/2017 at 1:04 PM, FacelessMage said:

It's a preliminary interview via Skype. From my understanding (via my friend at Ryerson), the POIs usually contact folks for a preliminary interview before the invitations to the interview day go out.

Also, thanks! This is my fourth time applying, and I can't believe the amount of success that I've had!

Would you let me know who your POI is in a PM? Thanks a lot!

9 hours ago, Neposydko said:

Did you call their graduate office by any chance for this info?

I did not actually, but I did speak to my supervisor who was in the meetings and spoke to other faculty members. Seven students were accepted in total, and the emails went out earlier this week.  

20 hours ago, PhDPLZ said:

Do you know what it says under status in the actual application? 

So far that I know, the status hasn't changed for anybody, even those that were accepted. However, if you were accepted, you would have about three emails from Dalhousie by now. 

1 hour ago, HPPHD said:

I did not actually, but I did speak to my supervisor who was in the meetings and spoke to other faculty members. Seven students were accepted in total, and the emails went out earlier this week.  

So far that I know, the status hasn't changed for anybody, even those that were accepted. However, if you were accepted, you would have about three emails from Dalhousie by now. 

Thank you for the update, guess I didn't get in. :( 

20 minutes ago, teds2 said:

Has anyone heard from OISE yet? :unsure:

I applied to OISE and haven't heard from them yet. I think you can expect to hear from them a little bit later based on when people heard last year. Like late Feb-March.

Edited by prospectclin

Still waiting on responses from York, Western, and Guelph.

Based on results from the last few years, it looks like they send out interview invites in the last week of January.

Fingers crossed for everyone else who has also applied! :)

2 hours ago, HappyLab said:

Still waiting on responses from York, Western, and Guelph.

Based on results from the last few years, it looks like they send out interview invites in the last week of January.

Fingers crossed for everyone else who has also applied! :)

Good luck to you as well! ?