Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

2 hours ago, HPPHD said:

Does anyone have the scoop on Ottawa U? My status says "Under Evaluation", but has anyone heard or do they know when the open house/interviews are?

36 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

Same for me. They were still finalizing their collection of documents and organizing them I believe, as I have received an email today about my intent letter.

I met with a POI in November and they told me that Ottawa U does not do formal interviews for admissions. They said that if I don't receive an email directly from them by mid January to set up an "informal interview", then I wouldn't be accepted. Last year my rejection came at the beginning of March. 

1 hour ago, The Waiting Game said:

Hi everyone,

A POI asked me how many schools I've applied to. I was hoping a few of you could share how many schools you've applied to in order to give me an idea of the number for the typical Canadian student.

Thanks!

I applied to three, but from my understanding this is quite unusual as applicants typically apply to many more (unfortunately most POIs that I was interested in applying to were not accepting this year).

I assume he/she is trying to determine how many offers you are likely to receive. Especially if you have a very competitive application!

Edited by Chasing Dreams (Degrees)
Afterthought

2 minutes ago, Chasing Dreams (Degrees) said:

I applied to three, but from my understanding this is quite unusual as applicants typically apply to many more (unfortunately most POIs that I was interested in applying to were not accepting this year).

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I applied to 5 myself...

Hi everyone,

A POI asked me how many schools I've applied to. I was hoping a few of you could share how many schools you've applied to in order to give me an idea of the number for the typical Canadian student.

Thanks!

This is my 4th year applying. My first year I applied to 3. Second year, 13. Third year, 22. This year, 14. I think it really depends on what a person's research interests are and if there are POIs that have similar interests.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I've applied to 12 clinical/counselling programs.

1 hour ago, clinpsyhopeful said:

I met with a POI in November and they told me that Ottawa U does not do formal interviews for admissions. They said that if I don't receive an email directly from them by mid January to set up an "informal interview", then I wouldn't be accepted. Last year my rejection came at the beginning of March. 

Thanks for the info! This is what I was told when I corresponded with my POI back in November as well.

Hey! ? I'm an international applicant. I applied to 1 Canadian school - Western . The rest are in the states. I really love Western's MSc. Clinical Psychology program, I'm looking forward to hearing from them. Anyone else applied there? 

2 hours ago, The Waiting Game said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I applied to 6. I don't think there is a 'typical' number though- it all depends on how many schools are a good fit, finances, geographic limitations, etc. I wouldn't worry about it too much. 

22 minutes ago, hsnl said:

I applied to 6. I don't think there is a 'typical' number though- it all depends on how many schools are a good fit, finances, geographic limitations, etc. I wouldn't worry about it too much. 

I'm not worried about it, just more curious that anything! Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, PsychGrad17 said:

Hey! ? I'm an international applicant. I applied to 1 Canadian school - Western . The rest are in the states. I really love Western's MSc. Clinical Psychology program, I'm looking forward to hearing from them. Anyone else applied there? 

I applied to Western as well! Who is your POI? Feel free to PM me!

9 hours ago, PhDPLZ said:

I got an automatic email from Ottawa U saying that changes to my file have been made, but I have not noticed any changes. Has anyone else gotten this email? 

I got this too! I went in and checked right away but see nothing. Anybody else?