Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

11 hours ago, ContentFaces said:

OISE SCCP is aiming to send out official results early March, with interviews sometime in February

Thanks ContentFaces, fingerscrossed for any news!

Hang in there, we will make it! 

1 hour ago, HappyLab said:

Same here! I know my POI was at a conference the last week, so I'm hoping there is just a delay.

Based on last year it looks like they send out all invites by January 28/29, so still crossing my fingers! :)

i applied to western but haven't applied to OGS. i haven't heard abt an interview yet and i was trying to time it so that i knew about a decision before i submitted an app... 

Edited by prospectclin

2 hours ago, HappyLab said:

Same here! I know my POI was at a conference the last week, so I'm hoping there is just a delay.

Based on last year it looks like they send out all invites by January 28/29, so still crossing my fingers! :)

i am somewhat ashamed of the lengths i just went to in order to determine if my POI could also have been at a conference over the last week.

@prospectclin

Hey its okay! no shame needed! we've all been there, this is why we are Prospective PhD students, we form hypotheses and test their validity, except in this case we make hasty assumptions lol! but dont worry be patient, and worst comes to worst send that dreaded follow up email, hopefully it all works out! 

32 minutes ago, B_Allen said:

@prospectclin

Hey its okay! no shame needed! we've all been there, this is why we are Prospective PhD students, we form hypotheses and test their validity, except in this case we make hasty assumptions lol! but dont worry be patient, and worst comes to worst send that dreaded follow up email, hopefully it all works out! 

haha thank you B-Allen! wishing the best for all of us 

2 hours ago, prospectclin said:

i applied to western but haven't applied to OGS. i haven't heard abt an interview yet and i was trying to time it so that i knew about a decision before i submitted an app... 

I actually think the deadline is Jan 24 so basically today. Try to do it if you can, I'm currently scrambling because I can't even login

52 minutes ago, superfruitpsych said:

I actually think the deadline is Jan 24 so basically today. Try to do it if you can, I'm currently scrambling because I can't even login

I think the deadline is jan31. If you're having trouble make sure you've entered your sin# on your app profile. I had to contact them to figure it out https://grad.uwo.ca/current_students/student_finances/ogs.html 

11 hours ago, Piagets#1Fan said:

Hey all! Long time GradCafe lurker, first time poster. I've applied to the Clinical Psych PhD stream at both McGill and uOttawa (French Stream), SCCP Program at OISE, and Counselling Psychology at McGill. If anyone's applied to these programs and heard back please message me! I'll be sure to post if I hear anything, good or bad! Let's do this :) 

Hi,I just checked on results page and I saw something about counselling psychology in Mcgill.

6 hours ago, prospectclin said:

I think the deadline is jan31. If you're having trouble make sure you've entered your sin# on your app profile. I had to contact them to figure it out https://grad.uwo.ca/current_students/student_finances/ogs.html 

I think the deadline is Jan 31, but you have to start an application by the 24th.

8 hours ago, prospectclin said:

Just wondering, did you have any problems entering your SIN on your profile? There doesn't even seem to be an option for me to enter mine but I had no trouble signing in or starting my OGS application. 

6 hours ago, Deli said:

Hi,I just checked on results page and I saw something about counselling psychology in Mcgill.

Hey! Yes, I saw that someone got an interview for Counselling (Project stream). Congratulations! If you or anyone else has an interview for that program, and you happen to see this, can you message me your POI? I'm just curious as to whether or not mine are interested in conducting interviews. They both messaged me good luck but I haven't heard back other than that!

2 hours ago, hsnl said:

Just wondering, did you have any problems entering your SIN on your profile? There doesn't even seem to be an option for me to enter mine but I had no trouble signing in or starting my OGS application. 

i can't see my actual sin # on my profile but the secretary i emailed told me they had it. i think maybe i entered it when i applied to western a few years ago but im not really sure

2 hours ago, Piagets#1Fan said:

Hey! Yes, I saw that someone got an interview for Counselling (Project stream). Congratulations! If you or anyone else has an interview for that program, and you happen to see this, can you message me your POI? I'm just curious as to whether or not mine are interested in conducting interviews. They both messaged me good luck but I haven't heard back other than that!

No,I have applyed just for clinical psychology program in McGill.

8 minutes ago, PhDPLZ said:

Wasn't my top choice but still really sucks ?

Me as well. Considering I'm not hearing back from other places yet is a bit discouraging. Just have to stay hopeful! :) 

Edited by poojan.25

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if some of you could share the places that you've applied and in an order of preference. I think it would be useful for everyone to get a sense throughout the process what are the chances that they may get accepted off of a waiting list!

1 hour ago, The Waiting Game said:

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if some of you could share the places that you've applied and in an order of preference. I think it would be useful for everyone to get a sense throughout the process what are the chances that they may get accepted off of a waiting list!

My top choice is York. I also applied to Ryerson, UTSC, OISE counselling, Western, and Waterloo. Was rejected from Waterloo - haven't heard from any others.

1 hour ago, The Waiting Game said:

Hey everyone,

My top choice is McGill Clinical, but I will also gladly accept uOttawa Clinical (French Stream). I've applied to McGill Counselling (Project) MA and Clinical PhD, uOttawa Clinical PhD, and OISE (SCCP) MA.