Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

12 minutes ago, cosimaniehaus said:

Could the person who has an interview with Guelph please dm me with their POI. Thanks!!

9 minutes ago, poojan.25 said:

Me too please! Would really appreciate it. 

Me as well, please! 

1 hour ago, Noctiv said:

Has anyone by chance heard from the University of Manitoba (a less popular choice so maybe there's no one here)? Starting to get worried :(

I wouldn't expect to hear from UofM yet. They rarely do interviews. It wasn't until mid- to late-February that I received feedback from them last year. Unless they have changed how they want to process students, do not lose hope yet. It is still very much early days with them.

1 hour ago, spg5552000 said:

I wouldn't expect to hear from UofM yet. They rarely do interviews. It wasn't until mid- to late-February that I received feedback from them last year. Unless they have changed how they want to process students, do not lose hope yet. It is still very much early days with them.

Thank you for the reassurance, friend!

5 hours ago, HappyLab said:

Not sure if someone responded re: Western - but individual POIs have been emailing the shortlist of applicants to inform them about the interview day on February 3rd. I know that emails have been going out at different times based on the supervisor, but likely that most will be out by the end of today.

Ok thanks for letting me know! :)

7 minutes ago, HappyLab said:

Any update on the York situation? :S 

I was told that the shortlist compilation process is ongoing- prospective students will be contacted within this upcoming week. 

Open House is on Feb 17th. 

3 minutes ago, Psych112 said:

I was told that the shortlist compilation process is ongoing- prospective students will be contacted within this upcoming week. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Psych112 said:

Thank you! Do you know what happens if you are unable to make the open house? Is there an option for a Skype/Phone interview? 

4 minutes ago, poojan.25 said:

Thank you! Do you know what happens if you are unable to make the open house? Is there an option for a Skype/Phone interview? 

Hmm... I'm not sure, to be honest. I would email the CD director and ask. I know that some faculty are planning to host mini get-togethers with the lab mates and prospective students, after the Open House. 

2 minutes ago, Psych112 said:

Hmm... I'm not sure, to be honest. I would email the CD director and ask. I know that some faculty are planning to host mini get-togethers with the lab mates and prospective students, after the Open House. 

Great, thank you :)

Got an email today from a POI at McGill (Counselling department) for an interview Monday morning. This is my first year applying to grad school, and my first interview. Has anyone interviewed at McGill? Even if you have had interviews with other schools, would anyone be so kind as to message me/reply to this comment with tips and FYI's for grad school interviews? I would much appreciate it! Best of luck to everyone with their respective applications! 

3 hours ago, PhDPLZ said:

I applied to them and I have heard absolutely nothing :/

3 hours ago, Piagets#1Fan said:

I haven't heard anything either...

2 hours ago, Gossamer said:

Me neither

Yeah , that's my top choice. I hope we hear somthing good soon ?? let us inform each other as soon as we hear somthing.

Hey everyone! A question regarding my application to Ryerson -- 

I got an e-mail from my POI around mid-Jan, then had a quick phone chat with him 2 days later. It seemed to go well, and one week later I e-mailed him asking to meet in person to which he agreed.

I am meeting with him this Thursday, but I am a bit worried as I have not received an invitation from Ryerson for the formal open house. I am thinking that perhaps after the phone interview, my POI did not submit me as a part of his short-list applicants to be contacted for the open house (he told me that the phone interviews were a part of his process of narrowing down applicants).

Thoughts? Can one still get accepted without having been accepted for the open house, or is there still a chance I might be accepted?

Thanks and best of luck to all of you.

8 minutes ago, coffeeandconversation said:

Hey everyone! A question regarding my application to Ryerson -- 

I got an e-mail from my POI around mid-Jan, then had a quick phone chat with him 2 days later. It seemed to go well, and one week later I e-mailed him asking to meet in person to which he agreed.

I am meeting with him this Thursday, but I am a bit worried as I have not received an invitation from Ryerson for the formal open house. I am thinking that perhaps after the phone interview, my POI did not submit me as a part of his short-list applicants to be contacted for the open house (he told me that the phone interviews were a part of his process of narrowing down applicants).

Thoughts? Can one still get accepted without having been accepted for the open house, or is there still a chance I might be accepted?

Thanks and best of luck to all of you.

Hi congrats on the interviews with your POI! My reply here is probably not super helpful given that I do not know how strict the process is at Ryerson, but I do know that not being invited to the Open House does not barricade you from possibly being accepted. At least this is true for other schools that I can comment on. The fact that your POI is inviting you to meet him already indicates that you are still very much on the radar! You may be correct about your presumptions of a short-list, but there's no reason why you cannot advocate for yourself when meeting him face-to-face!

Good luck with that! :)