Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

2 hours ago, Jungandrestless said:

I received an e-mail from my POI for an interview at Calgary for Counselling -- in case any applicants applied to counselling programs in Canada. 

Congratulations! 

5 hours ago, Jungandrestless said:

I received an e-mail from my POI for an interview at Calgary for Counselling -- in case any applicants applied to counselling programs in Canada. 

Congrats! It's an awesome program! 

9 hours ago, Jungandrestless said:

Congratulations! I applied but haven't heard back just yet - here's hoping! 

17 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

Congrats! It's an awesome program! 

Thanks!! :) 

13 hours ago, SFUFTW said:

Congratulations! I applied but haven't heard back just yet - here's hoping! 

Don't lose hope! By the e-mail it sounded like just an initial interview with a small set of questions so they might be continuing to select other students for interviews. 

17 minutes ago, Jungandrestless said:

Thanks!! :) 

Don't lose hope! By the e-mail it sounded like just an initial interview with a small set of questions so they might be continuing to select other students for interviews. 

I actually just got an email as well! Thanks so much :) I wonder what kind of questions they will be asking...

3 minutes ago, SFUFTW said:

I actually just got an email as well! Thanks so much :) I wonder what kind of questions they will be asking...

Great!! Congrats!!! :) I believe they will be very standard questions, apparently it is a semi-formal interview.

1 hour ago, Generic_Applicant said:

POIs are OISE are sending in recommendations on Thursday with offers going out soon right after. Good luck!

Does that mean all professors for the CCP program would have completed all the interviews by Thursday?  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

no worries - thanks for letting us know. CCP is clinical and counselling MA, yes?

Yeah, the CCP MA/PhD program

3 minutes ago, teds2 said:

Does that mean all professors for the CCP program would have completed all the interviews by Thursday?  Thanks!

Yes, from what I've been told

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Any news from McGill? :(

I'm waiting for updates re: the Clinical PhD program as well...My status online still says "In Review" <_< 

Edited by Piagets#1Fan

42 minutes ago, teds2 said:

Looking for clarification on this: I was under the impression that OISE did not hold interviews for the Counselling and Clinical Psychology program? I thought interviews were only held for the Child Study and Education MA? 

11 minutes ago, Isabel said:

Looking for clarification on this: I was under the impression that OISE did not hold interviews for the Counselling and Clinical Psychology program? I thought interviews were only held for the Child Study and Education MA? 

CCP is definitely interviewing

Does anyone have any opinion on Windsor as an option for the clinical psychology adult track? How about the city of Windsor itself? My feeling, from whatever I was able to find on this forum and elsewhere, is the University and the program are great, but the city life has not been a great experience for many. 

As someone from Montreal (having lived here for more than 10 years), I enjoy the big city life, and I feel like I might feel isolated in a small city like Windsor. This is especially concern because of the long-term commitment of a clinical PhD. 

Any insight would be appreciated :) also if anyone knows someone who's going there in Clinical, or who's a grad student there in general, would you mind connecting me with them if that's ok?

41 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

Does anyone have any opinion on Windsor as an option for the clinical psychology adult track? How about the city of Windsor itself? My feeling, from whatever I was able to find on this forum and elsewhere, is the University and the program are great, but the city life has not been a great experience for many. 

As someone from Montreal (having lived here for more than 10 years), I enjoy the big city life, and I feel like I might feel isolated in a small city like Windsor. This is especially concern because of the long-term commitment of a clinical PhD. 

Any insight would be appreciated :) also if anyone knows someone who's going there in Clinical, or who's a grad student there in general, would you mind connecting me with them if that's ok?

Have you been accepted to the Windsor program?