Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

45 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

Interviews for University of Manitoba going out. It seems to strictly be an interview for clinical abilities in order to supplement the rest of the application - it's with the Psychological Services Centre.

Any idea if they're going out later today/next week or if they've already gone out?

12 minutes ago, HopefulFutureGrad said:

Any idea if they're going out later today/next week or if they've already gone out?

Sorry, all I know is that I got one. As they tend to have a relatively small applicant pool, I assume they would send them all out today, but I may very well be incorrect. They're individual Skype/Facetime interviews, so there's no specific meeting/open house day, or what have you.

Edited by Noctiv

5 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

Sorry, all I know is that I got one. As they tend to have a relatively small applicant pool, I assume they would send them all out today, but I may very well be incorrect. They're individual Skype/Facetime interviews, so there's no specific meeting/open house day, or what have you.

Ahhh gotcha. Either way, it's useful information. Thank you! :) If you're able/comfortable, would you be able to message me your POI?

On 2/7/2017 at 9:38 AM, FacelessMage said:

I just got recommended for acceptence at UNB!!!!!!! I'm going to go cry now. 

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!  You are living proof that hard work and perseverance PAYS OFF!!!! WOOOOOOOOOT!!

How likely it is that no PhD is offered, when I graduated from the MA program?

Cos I'm freaking out.... I recently got accepted of the MA in School/Applied Child Psychology at McGill and was on cloud 9, but reading and reading about the prospectus gives chill down my spine!

Would someone please share their experience? Thanks a million! 

PS Sorry for being an anxious freak...and school hasn't begun yet... 

Edited by lockman86

59 minutes ago, lockman86 said:

How likely it is that no PhD is offered, when I graduated from the MA program?

Cos I'm freaking out.... I recently got accepted of the MA in School/Applied Child Psychology at McGill and was on cloud 9, but reading and reading about the prospectus gives chill down my spine!

Would someone please share their experience? Thanks a million! 

PS Sorry for being an anxious freak...and school hasn't begun yet... 

I think that depends from program to program... meaning there's likely differences between clinical and school psychology. From my (albeit limited!) understanding of school psych programs, the PhD acceptance often has to do with research productivity and recommendation by POI, as most people don't transition to PhD? At least that's how it was for a friend of mine who is a School Psych... I think there's a thread here for School Psych applicants too! If you have an acceptance, it's totally reasonable for you to ask what that process is like with your supervisor or from someone within the program. :) In clinical, the transition from MA to PhD is usually not automatic, but not competitive either. They usually ask you to complete certain requirements before you move into PhD, and obviously require a successful defense of your Masters thesis!

I hope that helps! 

Did you guys apply for counselling psychology at UOttawa? Mine still says incomplete as they haven't updated my file with my transcript  ... 

9 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

Mine still says under evaluation

1 hour ago, SFUFTW said:

Did you guys apply for counselling psychology at UOttawa? Mine still says incomplete as they haven't updated my file with my transcript  ... 

I applied for the clinical program. You should shoot them an email for sure, I did that a month or so ago because I had sent my documents a long time prior to that, and they updated my file within a week

Edited by Neposydko

1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

The anxiety of schools getting back to me is really getting to me...

2 hours ago, spg5552000 said:

Just a little....

OK. A lot! ?

I know... Honestly I wish they would just tell us when they will inform us so it's not so much agony just waiting and not knowing when we can even expect to hear back...

46 minutes ago, SFUFTW said:

I know... Honestly I wish they would just tell us when they will inform us so it's not so much agony just waiting and not knowing when we can even expect to hear back...

AGREE !

35 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

Any of those who had interviewed with Concordia got some answer back from them? o.o

Some profs have submitted their recommendations, but we won't hear back about decisions until early march sometime... I'm not sure if I'll survive lol