Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

On 2017/1/13 at 3:51 AM, 2016PsycApplicant said:

Hi all, I'm an international student applying for clinical PhD at UTSC, Manitoba, Dalhousie, and UVic. I took skype interview with my POI from UTSC in early Jan (she's an associate faculty member because I emphasis on the hope for working with her), and POI from Manitoba on mid-Jan. Although both of them were very positive for the interview, I still have not heard anything. Is this means no hope? The waiting makes me crazy...

1 hour ago, Jungandrestless said:

To the person who got an interview at Ottawa for clinical can you please message me your POI? Thanks and congratulations! :) 

Interviews are going out? I didn't see anyone post about U Ottawa recently and just double-checked? 

1 minute ago, Noctiv said:

Interviews are going out? I didn't see anyone post about U Ottawa recently and just double-checked? 

Really? On the results page it shows someone got an interview today for PhD Clinical Psychology at the University of Ottawa. I just checked it again to be sure I wasn't seeing things!

1 minute ago, Jungandrestless said:

Really? On the results page it shows someone got an interview today for PhD Clinical Psychology at the University of Ottawa. I just checked it again to be sure I wasn't seeing things!

Possibly a dumb question but what results page are you referring to? :)

Just now, Noctiv said:

Possibly a dumb question but what results page are you referring to? :)

There is a separate tab on the top of the page that says Results. If you click "search results" you will see all the updates posted by people as to whether they have been accepted, rejected, wait listed, or interviewed at a particular university and for what program. If you filter by "clinical psychology" you can see there was a recent post today by someone who got invited to interview at Ottawa for clinical. It keeps people more updated but also adds another page you constantly refresh! :( 

Just now, Jungandrestless said:

There is a separate tab on the top of the page that says Results. If you click "search results" you will see all the updates posted by people as to whether they have been accepted, rejected, wait listed, or interviewed at a particular university and for what program. If you filter by "clinical psychology" you can see there was a recent post today by someone who got invited to interview at Ottawa for clinical. It keeps people more updated but also adds another page you constantly refresh! :( 

Thank you! I... had no idea about this :/

Just now, Jungandrestless said:

No problem! It does not ease the anxiety though :( 

Yeah, now that's just one more thing to obsessively check every few hours! I did see something odd though - someone was supposedly accepted to U of M before the application deadline, so that makes me sort of question the accuracy of some of the reports, unless it's some sort of delayed admission. I digress...

2 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

Yeah, now that's just one more thing to obsessively check every few hours! I did see something odd though - someone was supposedly accepted to U of M before the application deadline, so that makes me sort of question the accuracy of some of the reports, unless it's some sort of delayed admission. I digress...

Good point. I would assume people are honest with their posts! 

1 hour ago, Noctiv said:

I know U of M had a glitch where they sent out acceptances emails to some people around mid-November. Someone may have just jumped the gun in posting. 

18 minutes ago, HopefulFutureGrad said:

I know U of M had a glitch where they sent out acceptances emails to some people around mid-November. Someone may have just jumped the gun in posting. 

Ah. What a tease that would be! 

9 hours ago, Noctiv said:

Ah. What a tease that would be! 

Yeah, I was one of them that got the email. I knew it was a mistake - but it still made me jump a little with a second of "Really?" followed up with "you know better than to think anything other than it as a mistake". But, if this was your first year applying, I can see how it would be believable instead of an error by the University. 

14 hours ago, Jungandrestless said:

To the person who got an interview at Ottawa for clinical can you please message me your POI? Thanks and congratulations! :) 

me too please! the waiting is killing me!

14 hours ago, Jungandrestless said:

Yes me as well if possible

17 hours ago, PhDPLZ said:

Had anyone heard from Windsor? I thought those who were interviewed were supposed to be informed or their status today. Ugh. 

I received an email about my status being updated on their application system yesterday.

42 minutes ago, cosimaniehaus said:

Did you apply to the adult clinical track? Mine still says In Process and I applied to the child track

No, the adult track. I don't know though whether it has been updated for everyone. I was notified of my status way before this update on eGAS, so maybe the status has only changed for a few people.