Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

1 hour ago, hsnl said:

Some profs have submitted their recommendations, but we won't hear back about decisions until early march sometime... I'm not sure if I'll survive lol 

goshhhhh, yes, I just can't anymore. The interview was such a long time ago! whyyyy so slow

oh my goodness friends I know. it's so hard to wait when you want something so bad or just even need to know.... 

there's something that's been super helpful for me: radical acceptance (from DBT for all you therapy nerds out there :D) This resource has been super awesome for me to just remain positive and just accept that things are the way they are until I know!

http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/html/radical_acceptance_part_1.html

Hope it's helpful you guys too! :D 

29 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

to those of you who interviewed - was anyone ever asked for a 3rd reference? 

I'm not sure if you are referring to a specific school, but almost all of the schools that I applied to needed 3 references right from the beginning. But no one ever asked me for additional references beyond what they stated in the guidelines... Guelph did allow you to submit as many references as you wanted though!

3 minutes ago, HappyLab said:

I'm not sure if you are referring to a specific school, but almost all of the schools that I applied to needed 3 references right from the beginning. But no one ever asked me for additional references beyond what they stated in the guidelines... Guelph did allow you to submit as many references as you wanted though!

thanks! this school only required 2 but i think b/c my POI recognized the name of someone i have worked w/ in the past, she also wanted to hear from them. unfortunately i haven't been able to get in touch w this person :mellow::(

1 minute ago, prospectclin said:

thanks! this school only required 2 but i think b/c my POI recognized the name of someone i have worked w/ in the past, she also wanted to hear from them. unfortunately i haven't been able to get in touch w this person :mellow::(

That makes a lot of sense if she has a good relationship with them and trusts their judgment! Tricky though if you're not able to contact them.. maybe give them a phone call and note that it's urgent! Hopefully they get back to you :)

14 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

It might help to call their departmental office to see if you can get their phone number or to find out their office hours. I hope you get in touch with them- it sucks having to track people down for references! 

2 minutes ago, hsnl said:

It might help to call their departmental office to see if you can get their phone number or to find out their office hours. I hope you get in touch with them- it sucks having to track people down for references! 

i know, it's the worst. she has provided me w/ references in the past and our relationship was positive but it's been over 2 yrs since we last touched base. thanks for the advice! ill try that

20 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

i literally just heard back from her after 4 days (not that long in the world of academia, i know, or any world really). crying tears of happiness. thank you gradcafe friends. it's the little things!

Woo!!! I'm so happy for you!! :) 

42 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

i literally just heard back from her after 4 days (not that long in the world of academia, i know, or any world really). crying tears of happiness. thank you gradcafe friends. it's the little things!

That's awesome!! There's no relief quite like finally hearing back from an MIA reference :D

18 minutes ago, HopefulFutureGrad said:

Has anyone heard anything from Ryerson since the interview day? I'm seriously going crazy waiting, and it's taking everything to not email my POI!

i didn't interview at ryerson but i don't think it would be the worst thing to contact your POI thanking them for their time etc. i wouldnt explicitly ask about the status of your application but it might help you to hear back sooner? (assuming you haven't already done this)

1 hour ago, HopefulFutureGrad said:

Has anyone heard anything from Ryerson since the interview day? I'm seriously going crazy waiting, and it's taking everything to not email my POI!

I haven't heard back from Ryerson either and I feel you completely. I'm wondering if I should email the graduate coordinator on Friday (if there is still no news) to ask about a general timeline or maybe that isn't wise...

Edited by psychedupupup

4 minutes ago, superfruitpsych said:

Someone has been accepted. My application still says under review, havent heard anything about interviews.

I think that person got in for CCP- Clinical and Counselling but I may be wrong 

1 hour ago, HopefulFutureGrad said:

I have not heard from Ryerson either. At least 1 person got an acceptance according the main clinical psych thread. I'm starting to lose hope...

1 hour ago, psych123456 said:

I think that person got in for CCP- Clinical and Counselling but I may be wrong 

I believe it was SCCP they got into. My application still says under review as well!

Edited by ContentFaces

For SCCP (and UofT/OISE) in general, don't pay attention to your application status on the SGS website because it doesn't mean anything.  It never gets updated after being "under review".  I know people in the program who still have application statuses that say "under review".  I was also recently accepted to a UofT program and my application status never changed.  So don't lose hope based on that.  It's still a bit early for SCCP, they should probably start contacting people soon (I anticipate within the next week-two weeks), though it could differ for each POI.

1 hour ago, js.psych said:

For SCCP (and UofT/OISE) in general, don't pay attention to your application status on the SGS website because it doesn't mean anything.  It never gets updated after being "under review".  I know people in the program who still have application statuses that say "under review".  I was also recently accepted to a UofT program and my application status never changed.  So don't lose hope based on that.  It's still a bit early for SCCP, they should probably start contacting people soon (I anticipate within the next week-two weeks), though it could differ for each POI.

thank you so much this helps a lot!