Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

9 minutes ago, psych123456 said:

do you know when SCCP started interviewing/if they still are?

At Open House they said it would be mid-February with decisions at the earliest in March, but I'm not sure if that's been pushed back with the admissions date being pushed back a month.

Let's hope!

3 minutes ago, ContentFaces said:

At Open House they said it would be mid-February with decisions at the earliest in March, but I'm not sure if that's been pushed back with the admissions date being pushed back a month.

Let's hope!

So now they are aiming to send out admissions in early april? I hate the wait with OISE programs but thank you for all of your help!! 

1 hour ago, PhDPLZ said:

I have not heard anything. It just says no decision, but I know some people where given interview invites. 

Thanks. It seemed like the people who got invites were applying to developmental clinical though. Do you know of anyone who got an invite for adult clinical

5 minutes ago, Gossamer said:

Thanks. It seemed like the people who got invites were applying to developmental clinical though. Do you know of anyone who got an invite for adult clinical

do you know if the people who interviewed then got invited to the open house are the final picks or is there another interview stage because the open house is really just an open house from what I understand?

2 hours ago, psych123456 said:

do you know when SCCP started interviewing/if they still are?

2 hours ago, ContentFaces said:

Let's hope!

Has anyone heard back from their POI for the SCCP Program at OISE? I haven't heard a thing...

To those asking about York CD- all invites to the Open House have gone out. However, just because you didn't receive an invite does not mean that you are ruled out. You will hear official word in the coming weeks. This process is such a roller coaster, and unexpected, wonderful surprises do happen! 

58 minutes ago, poojan.25 said:

I heard back a few days ago, rejected :(

Sorry to hear - can I confirm you mean UBC and not UBC Okanagan (I have not received a rejection from UBC Vancouver)?

6 hours ago, ContentFaces said:

Let's hope!

So I'm guessing some POIs for SCCP haven't started interviewing...right?

6 hours ago, psych123456 said:

do you know if the people who interviewed then got invited to the open house are the final picks or is there another interview stage because the open house is really just an open house from what I understand?

If you are talking about Windsor my understanding is you are only invited to the open house if you have been accepted into the program. But I could be wrong. 

I have a question for everyone about being "recommended for acceptance". If this is the case, and your POI has "recommended you for acceptance" to the university, is this like an unofficial offer before receiving the actual offer? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to everyone else :)

7 minutes ago, canadianpsychinterested said:

I have a question for everyone about being "recommended for acceptance". If this is the case, and your POI has "recommended you for acceptance" to the university, is this like an unofficial offer before receiving the actual offer? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to everyone else :)

I've heard of this process existing at some universities: POI will "recommend for acceptance" to the committee. However, ultimately the committee decides whether or not the candidate is strong enough, especially in comparison with other applicants. Based on what I know, it is not an unofficial offer. Unofficial offers would come from the POI before the school of graduate studies sends its official letter/email. 

6 hours ago, Noctiv said:

Sorry to hear - can I confirm you mean UBC and not UBC Okanagan (I have not received a rejection from UBC Vancouver)?

Got a nice rejection email from my POI Jan 7th from UBCVan. Have not heard from UBCO.

Edited by rover