Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

@thewaitinggame hey, i attended the UofT recruitment weekend and i interviewed with my poi as well as 4 other people who were in the same field of research but had a slightly different focus than my POI, i dont think it necessarily means that your POI isnt interested in you it just might mean that more than one person is interested in you, so, in short its a positive sign! :) hopefully the person that contacted you's research is also interesting to you as well

35 minutes ago, B_Allen said:

@thewaitinggame hey, i attended the UofT recruitment weekend and i interviewed with my poi as well as 4 other people who were in the same field of research but had a slightly different focus than my POI, i dont think it necessarily means that your POI isnt interested in you it just might mean that more than one person is interested in you, so, in short its a positive sign! :) hopefully the person that contacted you's research is also interesting to you as well

Thanks for sharing. I initially thought it was strange because I haven't heard from my POI, but have heard from this other professor. The research is very similar, and still interesting for sure!

On 1/31/2017 at 2:15 PM, Chasing Dreams (Degrees) said:

Has anyone who received an interview at Guelph received confirmation of an interview date since initial correspondence with the program coordinator? I was told to plan for a specific date, but that I would hear last night with confirmation and further details and I haven't yet. Just not sure if I should be patient (probably the case) or email her to follow up.

I know interview days have been set for Friday and Monday. I would follow up!

18 hours ago, prospectclin said:

im so sorry to pollute this thread w my endless questioning about york. that being said - has anyone heard anything from/about york?

Someone said the interview day is Feb 17 and if so, I would assume that they would need to send out invites very soon... maybe Monday at latest. Yet no one here at has heard back. Maybe they were already sent out and no one on this thread got one?

I applied to York as well but my status is "no decision" but I have not heard anything from POI. Although, I know that he is waiting to see if he is going to have funding so it is possible that may be why I am not rejected but also not invited to open house lol D: 

I've heard through the grapevine that a lot of CD applicants have heard back from their prospective POIs at York University about attending the Clinical Open House on the 2017, but not so much for the Adult Clinical area. I would recommend reaching out to your POIs to check in with them for sure. But, as a helpful tip, just because you were not invited to the Open House does not mean you are unsuccessful! 

Shall update those of you that are anxiously waiting if I hear anything! 

30 minutes ago, Generic_Applicant said:

Quick phone interview followed by in-person interview set for Monday from OISE CCP :o So nervous

POI said he has to send in recommendations by end of next week so looks like that's the case for OISE. 

Congrats! good luck ! :)

53 minutes ago, Generic_Applicant said:

Quick phone interview followed by in-person interview set for Monday from OISE CCP :o So nervous

POI said he has to send in recommendations by end of next week so looks like that's the case for OISE. 

Congrats and Good luck!! Would you mind messaging me your POI please? 

5 minutes ago, Prospective_grad said:

I am still waiting!! I've applied to the Experimental/Applied psych at Regina! Do you know if they have started doing the interviews??

Sorry - I think it works differently for your program in terms of timing and such. I have no idea. For clinical, apparently they have sent or are sending out offers (not sure which) - I was told I would be interviewed if I get up to the right spot from the waitlist.

7 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

Sorry - I think it works differently for your program in terms of timing and such. I have no idea. For clinical, apparently they have sent or are sending out offers (not sure which) - I was told I would be interviewed if I get up to the right spot from the waitlist.

Thanks for replying!! Can't wait anymore!!! :(

12 minutes ago, Prospective_grad said:

Thanks you too :) Are you a student at the U of R? (If you don't mind me asking)

Nope! Out of province :)

Edited by Noctiv

8 hours ago, Generic_Applicant said:

Congrats! OISE has so many programs though, do you believe all of them follow the same timeline?